App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Does anyone know how long does it take for medical to be updated on ecas/cic account? I went for medical exam on Feb 15 and haven't heard anything since. Wondering if it's normal
It partly depends on how fast your doctor gets the results to CIC. My doctor was upfront and said it'd take two weeks, but that if I had heard nothing from them during those two weeks, I could assume I was fine. Medical came up as passed on GCKey 18 days after I took my medical, so factoring in the time needed for CIC to update their records, it was all as expected.

You're probably all good.

Reactions: Suze7982

Jogicheema

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
My husband received an email that his request for temporary residence had been approved. Is that his work permit? He's been trying to link it to his account but hasn't been able. The email also says he'll receive something in the mail. Does he need the mail package for official approval of the work permit?[/

Jogicheema

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Did u apply for extension.i got my extension last week and actual confirmation in mail.i am still waiting for owp.when did u apply.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
It took just under 2 weeks for ours (it showed as passed online about 1-2 days after the doctor submitted it). Maybe follow-up with the doctor as well, it may just be that they haven't submitted it yet?
Do you know if your status in GCKey changed to "medical results received" as soon as your doctor submitted it? Our clinic claims they uploaded the exam results Feb 21 but as of today the 26th, GCKey still shows "we have requested a medical exam", system doesn't even show the results were received.

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Do you know if your status in GCKey changed to "medical results received" as soon as your doctor submitted it? Our clinic claims they uploaded the exam results Feb 21 but as of today the 26th, GCKey still shows "we have requested a medical exam", system doesn't even show the results were received.
I don't think GCKey or ECAS changes when the medical results are received from the clinic, but only when they are consider "passed". In our case, it changed directly to "You passed the medical exam." on GCKey and "Medical results have been received." on ECAS.
You would've heard back from your doctor by now though if there was anything wrong. When did you get MR? I would get a bit worried if you were close to the 30 days deadline, but it may just be that it's taking a bit of time on CIC's side to update the application.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don't think GCKey or ECAS changes when the medical results are received from the clinic, but only when they are consider "passed". In our case, it changed directly to "You passed the medical exam." on GCKey and "Medical results have been received." on ECAS.
You would've heard back from your doctor by now though if there was anything wrong. When did you get MR? I would get a bit worried if you were close to the 30 days deadline, but it may just be that it's taking a bit of time on CIC's side to update the application.
Thanks - it had seemed like other posters on the forum reported "medical results received" but wasn't sure where that should show up. MR was January 31st.

I'll give it another day or two and if there's still no change will probably send all the receipts from the clinic to IRCC and a webform note, explaining when the exam was done - just in case there are some technical difficulties somewhere in the system, we have proof the exam was done within 30 days.

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
GCKey does have a "medical results received" step. Mine changed to "passed" after about two days or so. (ECAS will only have "medical results received," as some others have noted.)

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks - it had seemed like other posters on the forum reported "medical results received" but wasn't sure where that should show up. MR was January 31st.

I'll give it another day or two and if there's still no change will probably send all the receipts from the clinic to IRCC and a webform note, explaining when the exam was done - just in case there are some technical difficulties somewhere in the system, we have proof the exam was done within 30 days.
Yeah I see how it can be a bit confusing - I think people mention it that way because that's exactly what it says on ecas.

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
GCKey does have a "medical results received" step. Mine changed to "passed" after about two days or so. (ECAS will only have "medical results received," as some others have noted.)
oh, good to know - thanks for correcting! I probably didn't sign in to GCKey while it was at that stage.

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
oh, good to know - thanks for correcting! I probably didn't sign in to GCKey while it was at that stage.
No problem. CIC doesn't send out an email for the medicals "received" and "passed" steps, so it's understandable people miss it. I just logged in religiously for those few days, haha.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Does anyone know if Ecas and GCkey change if CIC starts the background check? I've passed my medical last week and its marked as passed on GCkey and as received on Ecas. Im just wondering if the next step (Background check) will be shown on both or will it just stay as is until its finally done and then change?

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi, everyone.
New here.
Country of origin: Brazil

My timeline:
App received: Nov 27, 2018
AOR: Jan 17, 2019
MR: Feb 5, 2019
Medical done: Feb 11, 2019
Medical passed: Feb 19, 2019

Sent Schedule A and police certificate upfront.
Also waiting for OWP approval, hopefully soon.
I’m November 2018 too good luck on your application.

Reactions: KarlZ

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Good news so far BG started this afternoon.
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Great!