+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Vivinguyen

Oct 23, 2015
Hello,

Is there any applicants in Quebec here? I have a question, after receiving the CSQ, does MIDI send it to IRCC or I have to send it myself? (in their guide they say they will send it but someone told me they wont).
And do they update in our online account that they have received our CSQ?

Thanks for your time.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Why did he say if you were married then you would receive a temporary tax number? How? If a common law partner has children let's say and he/she wants to receive child benefits both common law partners should file for their taxes and if one partner doesn't have a SIN they should file for a temporary tax number
So common law partners should be able to apply for a temporary tax number too
Correct me if I'm wrong
I get your point. I'm a bit baffled by all of it to be honest. Guess I will have to do more research in regards to this. I called CRA also and the person on the phone wasn't really helpful as he couldn't give me a concrete answer (guess they are only human also and don't know everything either).

Reactions: Geno.uss

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Why did he say if you were married then you would receive a temporary tax number? How? If a common law partner has children let's say and he/she wants to receive child benefits both common law partners should file for their taxes and if one partner doesn't have a SIN they should file for a temporary tax number
So common law partners should be able to apply for a temporary tax number too
Correct me if I'm wrong
Right I created a seperat thread on this tax topic. Lets see if there are any canadian accountants on this forum who are sponsoring their other halfs and maybe could shed some light onto this

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
No he shouldn't fill form T1261 because that form is for Individual Tax Number which is different to them, I filed that form personally and CRA got confused and it caused so much unnecessary delays and resending papers back and forth
There's no form to fill for temporary tax number (which they should have seriously) so he should write a letter and explain his situation and mention why he doesn't have a SIN yet and yeah he should attach a certified copy of photo ID plus a certified copy of his visitor visa record to let them know his status in Canada
If they need anything else or if he anything is missing they will get back to him by mail
From my experience, you should never confuse CRA ( however they will always confuse you lol)

I am telling you exactly what the CRA agent (her name is Janet Avery and she works at the office in Montreal) told my husband and I last week at an information session. She, Janet Avery told us especifically to fill out also form NR74 E -Determination of Residency Status (Entering Canada)-

I also called the CRA call center and was given the other form, so I filled out both.

The information session was tailored to evacuate all doubts from newcomers and according to her, you still count as a newcomer even you arrived two years ago.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Spoke to another CRA Agent and got clarification. So i have to file my own tax return even though i didn't earn anything and put my SIN down as 0000-0000-00 as they will then give me a temporary tax code. He can claim me as a dependant in his tax return accordingly.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Hello,

Is there any applicants in Quebec here? I have a question, after receiving the CSQ, does MIDI send it to IRCC or I have to send it myself? (in their guide they say they will send it but someone told me they wont).

Thanks for your time.
Quebec resident here!!! I am still waiting my CSQ. How long did it take them to issue yours? It's been two weeks and haven't heard back. I would submit it myself once I get, just to get me all covered and make sure they have it. You can submit the CSQ via IRCC webform.

Vivinguyen

Oct 23, 2015
Quebec resident here!!! I am still waiting my CSQ. How long did it take them to issue yours? It's been two weeks and haven't heard back. I would submit it myself once I get, just to get me all covered and make sure they have it. You can submit the CSQ via IRCC webform.
Heyyy,
I sent my csq on Jan 11, they started to process on Jan 23, csq is issued on Feb 1 and csq arrived to my mailbox yesterday.
Ok I will submit mine via webform too.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Honestly CRA are so confusing in so many ways, every time I used to call CRA, I got different answers from agents and they always got me so confused

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Spoke to another CRA Agent and got clarification. So i have to file my own tax return even though i didn't earn anything and put my SIN down as 0000-0000-00 as they will then give me a temporary tax code. He can claim me as a dependant in his tax return accordingly.
Its 9 zeros im pretty sure because SIN is 9 numbers
Yeah you see you should be able to receive a temporary tax number

Reactions: Jordannesmith

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Heyyy,
I sent my csq on Jan 11, they started to process on Jan 23, csq is issued on Feb 1 and csq arrived to my mailbox yesterday.
Ok I will submit mine via webform too.
We sent ours this week but obviously no updates....what exactly does the CSQ do? Are you able to work with it or still wait for the OWP?

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hello,

Thanks for your time.
Quebec sends your CSQ to IRCC. Don't worry!!!! No need of sending extra papers to them without their request just to increase their work.