Nov 21, 2013
App rec nov 8th
AOR rec Dec 1st
AOR was sent to principal applicants email

while trying to link the application, i have a doubt
AOR shows UCI number and application number
UCI number(sponsor previous UCI number)

the AOR is send in referring the Sponsor name

in this case i need to link the application in sponsor's account or principal applicants account(since she had one when she applied for visitor)
You’re required to link the application under the applicant name. The AOR your sponsor received has all the informations you need to link the application.

rammohane9

Nov 1, 2018
You’re required to link the application under the applicant name. The AOR your sponsor received has all the informations you need to link the application.
Thanks for the reply.

AOR received on DEC 1st
Application for PR has been linked under the Principal Applicants account.Is their any time frame to wait to link after the PR application has linked??

A quick doubt??
AOR has been sent to Principal applicant's email and AOR contains the Application number and Sponsor's UCI number.But once the application is linked to the principal applicants account,it shows the Application number and principal applicants UCI number(since PA had old UCI number-comes on the Visiting VISA).Is that normal?????????????

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply.

AOR received on DEC 1st
Application for PR has been linked under the Principal Applicants account.Is their any time frame to wait to link after the PR application has linked??

A quick doubt??
AOR has been sent to Principal applicant's email and AOR contains the Application number and Sponsor's UCI number.But once the application is linked to the principal applicants account,it shows the Application number and principal applicants UCI number(since PA had old UCI number-comes on the Visiting VISA).Is that normal?????????????
Usually applicants link both applications the same day, if both didn’t work you can wait for 24 hours after CIC has updated their system and try again.

Regarding your second question, that’s absolutely normally. That’s your UCI number CIC has for you forever. I’m still using my old UCI that was on my first visa I had on my Student visa.

Reactions: olaide yusuf

rammohane9

Nov 1, 2018
Usually applicants link both applications the same day, if both didn’t work you can wait for 24 hours after CIC has updated their system and try again.

Regarding your second question, that’s absolutely normally. That’s your UCI number CIC has for you forever. I’m still using my old UCI that was on my first visa I had on my Student visa.
Thanks Umarr.

But when i added the file in the principal applicants account,does it shows their UCI number?/

rammohane9

Nov 1, 2018
I just linked my PR application, without having received AOR yet! So happy!

(I did not apply for a OWP as I already have a valid WP)

Options I used to get it linked:
Permanent Residence -> Family Class (Spouses) -> Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth -> Passport

And the tricks (as someone posted in the October thread):
- put a space after your first name, a space after your last name, and a space after the passport number
- marital status: married (in my case at least, since we are married)
- number of family members: 2 (me + the sponsor)
hey anyone suggest the selections to link the Work permit to the account.
I got the AOR and i have linked the PR application,but not WP

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
I sent my application in October and was sent back because of missing signatures, so I sent it back and was received on Nov 20th, a week after I realised I forgot to add pictures to the documents. Can I send the pictures separately or I might have to wait till I hear from the immigration. Pls advise.
You don’t have to send the pictures separately.. CIC will return your application again and/or will request for it. I’ve seen cases where packages were sent cuz of one required document was missing or mistake. So wait till you hear from ‘em.

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks Umarr.

But when i added the file in the principal applicants account,does it shows their UCI number?/
It will show you first the application number and when u click on check full application status you will see the principal applicant’s UCI number and Application number again under applicant information section.

Brooks202

Dec 3, 2018
Winnipeg MB
Hi,
We are also inland November applicants.
Here's our timeline:
Application mailed: 31 Oct 2018
Application received: 2 Nov
AOR: 22 Nov
Application linked: 22 Nov

Still working on my OWP to send, as my visitor extension was denied the same day we mailed it and I wanted to get to Pembina vefobe midnight!

Good luck everyone!

Monabil

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
@Brooks202
Can you please tell me how long did it take for your visit extension to be denied?

As far as I know you can't apply for OWP without valid status, implied status isn't accepted.
I am Not 100% sure..

Brooks202

Dec 3, 2018
Winnipeg MB
Sure, my request that was denied was issued on 31 Oct 2018, which was submitted online on 31 July 2018.

My previous request for extension was approved on 4 March 2018 for a request submitted online on 30 Nov 2017.

I am not 100% sure if an OWP can be submitted under implied status, perhaps others can let us know?

@Brooks202
Can you please tell me how long did it take for your visit extension to be denied?

As far as I know you can't apply for OWP without valid status, implied status isn't accepted.
I am Not 100% sure..

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Hello All,

I am also a November applicant. I am sponsor.

UPS tracking shows my package was received on Nov 28.

We have applied for an OWP.

Can someone please explain to me, what is "implied status"?

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Thank you!

To clarify.... if the PA is here on a farm work visa and is now applying for an open work permit, the PA cannot continue working under implied status as he is applying for a different kind of work permit, correct?

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Hi

I am a November 2018 inland applicant from Toronto. Have applied OWP too. Can someone clarify one point. I already have a job in Winnipeg. So once I get my OWP in, say, March 2019, can I ( PA) work in Winnipeg while my spouse (Sponsor) continues working in Toronto ?

Some insight in this regard is highly appreciated. Thank you !

roderickvc

Dec 4, 2018
hello everyone,

My application was received at cpc 2018/11/08 but i have not received AOR yet, i was able to link my application already to my account. Should it be visible on the application if it has been returned? And should the documents I sent by mail appear under the application (F-number)?

Thanks!

Reactions: shayanne batista