+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Nowherepuppy

Dec 4, 2017
Application received in Nov 13, AOR received on Dec 13. Anyone know if we need to link the OWP and how? I’m the sponsor and the representative for my spouse so I got the email and he didn’t, is that normal?

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Application received in Nov 13, AOR received on Dec 13. Anyone know if we need to link the OWP and how? I’m the sponsor and the representative for my spouse so I got the email and he didn’t, is that normal?
To link your application is optional, you don’t need to if u don’t want. However linking your application online is an easier way to get access to your applicatIon updates and read messages from IRCC. But for OWP you won’t hear from them till it’s approved.

Sponsors only receive AOR as designed by IRCC.

The link below is a way on how to link your application on your MyCIC account.
https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/How to link your application on MyCIC (PDF version).pdf?token=AWzhwtmR86L3u8Mgq0uW820C1Z8zb2Ci46kuh2-PnR-HHzVB2Uq-JOtiyFRwTyUVq8Oip9SXr5V5IYHaOmozH7t3mgO8VO0wDKEgcOL6W5YbXapi4JhLC-6CpqnOqtST_fV1D2cjSFGm96BPTXtHLPz1xaHO1nJs46voBpmk1XJ9q-TzkDkMUapY5EWH0P3kQumM-WS6xHMXJc-tPijpUGzDSRoSih13YxB-Gh0OfQRwpg

LightRose

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Ottawa ontario
Hi, everyone this is a great thread.

I did want to submit my application for my husband before his visa 6 months finishes.

My problem is that I couldn't work because I am delivering by the end of this month and had to go on social services.

What should I do?

Im waiting for after birth where I can attach baby's papers along with the application, also to cancel the social services.

Any advice?

I hope i can do all this before February!

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Hi, everyone this is a great thread.

I did want to submit my application for my husband before his visa 6 months finishes.

My problem is that I couldn't work because I am delivering by the end of this month and had to go on social services.

What should I do?

Im waiting for after birth where I can attach baby's papers along with the application, also to cancel the social services.

Any advice?

I hope i can do all this before February!
You can’t go on social assistance if you’re planning to sponsor your husband. However, you can apply for EI to get some help instead of any social assistance. Mind u, you also have to explain to CIC how u intend sponsoring your husband and you will have to attach your 2017, recent tax return or Option C from CRA.

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
We are waiting for AOR (app received Nov 13th) but haven’t heard anything yet. Can I ask how those that have linked with My CIC and/or ECAS, did you use the Sponsor’s or Applicant’s info in linking? I’m hoping that perhaps they just forgot to send out the AOR, but maybe we’re linked. Thanks.

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
What is EI?
I wasnt in Canada in 2017. I dont have tax return.
I will find a job before the process even if its an at home job. Until he gets OWP and can work.
EI means Employment Insurance - you can go to service Canada and apply for it.

Check with Canada Revenue Agency to enquire if you have to file your taxes even though you were not physically in Canada cuz according what I know you must send your most recent tax return or Option C including a Job letter from your work with your application package.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightRose

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
We are waiting for AOR (app received Nov 13th) but haven’t heard anything yet. Can I ask how those that have linked with My CIC and/or ECAS, did you use the Sponsor’s or Applicant’s info in linking? I’m hoping that perhaps they just forgot to send out the AOR, but maybe we’re linked. Thanks.
Read the conversations on this thread their is a link attached on how to link your application to your account.

Nowherepuppy

Dec 4, 2017
To link your application is optional, you don’t need to if u don’t want. However linking your application online is an easier way to get access to your applicatIon updates and read messages from IRCC. But for OWP you won’t hear from them till it’s approved.

Sponsors only receive AOR as designed by IRCC.

The link below is a way on how to link your application on your MyCIC account.
https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/How to link your application on MyCIC (PDF version).pdf?token=AWzhwtmR86L3u8Mgq0uW820C1Z8zb2Ci46kuh2-PnR-HHzVB2Uq-JOtiyFRwTyUVq8Oip9SXr5V5IYHaOmozH7t3mgO8VO0wDKEgcOL6W5YbXapi4JhLC-6CpqnOqtST_fV1D2cjSFGm96BPTXtHLPz1xaHO1nJs46voBpmk1XJ9q-TzkDkMUapY5EWH0P3kQumM-WS6xHMXJc-tPijpUGzDSRoSih13YxB-Gh0OfQRwpg
Yes I did link the application. So there’s no separate link for OWP correct?

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Yes I did link the application. So there’s no separate link for OWP correct?
No!

Bt u can use same procedure bt this time you’re choosing temporary residence instead and select open (initial or extend) permit and follow the instructions like you did for your PR.

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Read the conversations on this thread their is a link attached on how to link your application to your account.
Thanks for replying. I understand how to link the account, but I’m wondering if you use the sponsor’s name/info or the principal applicant’s name info when filling it out. Thanks.

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for replying. I understand how to link the account, but I’m wondering if you use the sponsor’s name/info or the principal applicant’s name info when filling it out. Thanks.
Principal applicant’s information bt I’ve also heard that Sponsor’s informations work too.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

App received Nov 15, AOR Dec 22 and linked the same day!!!!
Do you know if there is a WhatsApp group for November Inland Applicants?

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Thank you @camino_walkers
Keep the hope :)

And by the way my UCI doesn't work on ECAS I tried now and couple of times before and it didn't but with application number it worked and it shows the date my application was received so I guess UCI on ECAS doesn't work with everyone the same way @funboy101
Oh yes it does! I actually found my app on ECAS using only my UCI and even managed to link it without the AOR. We did get AOR an hour or so later.