+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AoR - <<<<<<Join HERE>>>>>>>

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Can someone please add me to the whatsapp group. I am Nov 2018 AOR cec applicant.

Thanks in advance

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
For the messaging group - Join here
Hi @legalfalcon sir, I am in IP1 since 11th Dec 2018 , am FSW-O applicant with non-accompanying spouse, there has been no update yet and it has been 3 months since my AOR which is 8th NOV 2018.

Kindly guide whether I should order GCMS notes or shall i upload docs via CSE (webform) anticipating an ADR?

Also, my PCC will expire on 24th March 2019, so shall I now upload fresh ones via CSE (webform), kindly suggest??

zainnssaeed

May 31, 2019
Hello everyone, Question for the experts; details are mentioned below
AOR 12th Nov, 2019, applied for PR from Pakistan as a family unit of 3 people, me being the primary applicant, my spouse (who is working in Saudi Arabia) and my 2 year old daughter.
We ordered the GCMS notes on 12th March and received them after almost 2 months of waiting in which we emailed them thrice asking for update and our notes.
I need some help understanding the GCMS notes; as we have been parked for Review Required: Interview Recommended since 2nd February. Till now I have not received any ADR nor have i received any interview calls which is baffling that nothing is being done on my file. The last couple of pages on my GCMS notes from the case officer have the following information:
1. s.16(1)(c) is mentioned on the upper right hand corner on the 1st note page.
2. Case Analyst: ***Review Required***Lock in Date 2018-11-12; having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following Recommendation.
Recommendation: Review Required MI3 (2 BLANK LINES) Funds. A 11.2: Appears Met R75: FSW Minimum Requirements - Appears Met R76: Selection Criteria - FSW Points/Funds: Appears Met FSW points total 76 ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete.

Please help me understand what kind of review is required as per the GCMS notes my Medical and Criminality has been passed; Eligibility is under review and security has not been initiated. What kind of issue are they looking at with my profile; what steps can I take to expedite it perhaps? And what information is hidden in the 2 gcms lines?

Any one else going through the same?? @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone, Question for the experts; details are mentioned below
AOR 12th Nov, 2019, applied for PR from Pakistan as a family unit of 3 people, me being the primary applicant, my spouse (who is working in Saudi Arabia) and my 2 year old daughter.
We ordered the GCMS notes on 12th March and received them after almost 2 months of waiting in which we emailed them thrice asking for update and our notes.
I need some help understanding the GCMS notes; as we have been parked for Review Required: Interview Recommended since 2nd February. Till now I have not received any ADR nor have i received any interview calls which is baffling that nothing is being done on my file. The last couple of pages on my GCMS notes from the case officer have the following information:
1. s.16(1)(c) is mentioned on the upper right hand corner on the 1st note page.
2. Case Analyst: ***Review Required***Lock in Date 2018-11-12; having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following Recommendation.
Recommendation: Review Required MI3 (2 BLANK LINES) Funds. A 11.2: Appears Met R75: FSW Minimum Requirements - Appears Met R76: Selection Criteria - FSW Points/Funds: Appears Met FSW points total 76 ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete.

Please help me understand what kind of review is required as per the GCMS notes my Medical and Criminality has been passed; Eligibility is under review and security has not been initiated. What kind of issue are they looking at with my profile; what steps can I take to expedite it perhaps? And what information is hidden in the 2 gcms lines?

Any one else going through the same?? @legalfalcon
1. This is no big deal, see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

2. Read my post on RR that I posted before:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.

Curious to know on what basis they clear criminality before eligibility or vice versa? I this complexity related? So for example if one had to submit many PCCs some of which need months to be issued will clear eligibility first?

zainnssaeed

May 31, 2019
Many thanks for your response; however in my case the gcms notes do not state what kind of review is required. They have mentioned that the funds, minimum requirements and FSW Points as "Appears Met"

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: johnnycyrille

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Criminality is based solely on your PCCs. The BGC or security is that takes time.

See
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/
I got your point but i was perplexed why sometimes CIC start processing criminality before eligibility and sometimes the opposite.
For example some GCMS notes come back with eligibility met, criminality not started while others criminality passed, eligibility not started. What could be in each corresponding case that favors the processing of one stage before the other?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I had a rejected application few months ago due to missing PCC.
It was handled by a consultant who gave me a form to answer some questions about myself in which there's the following:
Do you have any other names? i answered no.

In my new application after ditching the consultant there's a question: Did you ever have any other names? my answer was yes because my father changed my family name 9 years ago. In the check list they asked me for proof which was not the case in my old application because the consultant answered no since the question he presented me with is interpreted as if they're asking if i have any other name alongside my name.

Will this be a problem? will they compare the two applications?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I had a rejected application few months ago due to missing PCC.
It was handled by a consultant who gave me a form to answer some questions about myself in which there's the following:
Do you have any other names? i answered no.

In my new application after ditching the consultant there's a question: Did you ever have any other names? my answer was yes because my father changed my family name 9 years ago. In the check list they asked me for proof which was not the case in my old application because the consultant answered no since the question he presented me with is interpreted as if they're asking if i have any other name alongside my name.

Will this be a problem? will they compare the two applications?
i think you should be ok, and to be on the safe side you can mention this on the Letter of Explanation that you submit with your application.

Reactions: johnnycyrille

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
i think you should be ok, and to be on the safe side you can mention this on the Letter of Explanation that you submit with your application.
I hope i will be ok since i already submitted my application without this issue coming to mind.

Do you think in case CIC crosschecked the 2 applications and want further clarification they will arrange an interview and i can clear things up? Or would they be too harsh to refuse me without even discussing it with me?