+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Sending a virtual hug to SithLord.

Collect as much supporting documents as possible to back your appeal on the three points they claimed for the refusal. Also I think it's better to hire an immigration lawyer (not a consultant) with an iron-clad letter supporting all the documents and get some input on the best way to proceed.

I was in recommended pass for eligibility and job experience in my GCMS notes by the case analyst but during the final visa officer review, she still called my employer and asked for a whole bunch of further employment proof and supporting documents from my employer's side (I was not involved, everything was between the employer and the visa officer). I heard that she asked a lot of information and documentation on working hours, salary break downs etc. and apparently had a 1 hour chat with my CEO o_O .

Anyways my point is, being in Met or Recommended Pass doesn't guarantee that the final visa officer will pass eligibility.

I say take it with gusto and seek for professional assistance with the documents and framing your appeal, going forward.

Wishing you the best of luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

amans39

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Not the news that anyone wants to hear, just woke up to a refusal.

1) PG Diploma was missing from WES Summary so the officer concluded I do not have two degrees.
2) Officer was not satisfied I worked for the employer I declared since I didn't provide IT returns. I had a low salary so I was tax exempt. My employer provided with a salary certificate mentioning I was tax exempt, payslips but still employer was not convinced.
3) Gift deed was not accepted even though the funds has been sitting in my account for more than a year collecting interest.

Oh well back to the good old Ray of Hope days
That's a shock to hear, so sorry to learn this.

Reactions: SithLord

amans39

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
It could be a first in Canadian Immigration history to get a refusal after receiving a positive verification from employer :D:D

Is reconsideration actually reviewed by a different officer?

I seriously expected a procedural fairness letter atleast at this point.
This is insane, at least they should have given you a chance to tell your part of the story before arriving at a conclusion to send a refusal.

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
This is insane, at least they should have given you a chance to tell your part of the story before arriving at a conclusion to send a refusal.
Welcome to the IRCC where turnover speed is more important than accuracy.

To be honest it feels like a top down problem. Workers feel pressured to get through the large amount of files in a time line using inefficient methods that they can't deviate from.

Probably just leads to type I and type II errors across the board. Any aspect of your application that requires critical thinking is looking susceptible to error.

Reactions: PrasadK

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019

1) PG Diploma was missing from WES Summary so the officer concluded I do not have two degrees.
2) Officer was not satisfied I worked for the employer I declared since I didn't provide IT returns. I had a low salary so I was tax exempt. My employer provided with a salary certificate mentioning I was tax exempt, payslips but still employer was not convinced.
3) Gift deed was not accepted even though the funds has been sitting in my account for more than a year collecting interest.

OMG i feel hurt and empty reading this message, words can't express how i feel at this moment. . Because of you today i got my PR you was my hope and encouragement. Even save me money by not hiring a consultant. My prayers are with you that your application will have positive outcome whichever road you take.

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019

Whattttt ??????
Are they nuts
One year wait for this reply........
I really hurt and disappointed to hear this sith...... I don't know the procedure ahead...... But plz appeal....... I really pray, they revert der action...... :(

seantung

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
SK-EE
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2018
Med's Done....
2018-12-14
Really feel sorry and hurt for you @SithLord. Try your best to save this case to see if it can be re-opened, as there are so many same win cases in the past. I will say this might be a curve in your life path but it will lead you to success eventually!

D

Deleted member 826724

Hi all...
Have some details to share which will hopefully bring some positivity to you.
Mainly silent reader but did ask a few questions before.

PPR/Visa request received.
Email was sent on Fri 13th @ 11:30pm (Canada time. Ottowa).
Received 8am Saturday 14th South Africa time.
We used an immigration officer who only checked emails today so we were only notified this morning

AOR 20th Nov 2018
Medicals were not passed immediately as my wife (main applicant) has Crohns disease.
Biometrics completed mid Jan 2019.
Nothing for a while then RPRF requested and paid in May.
June requested GCMS notes, and received in July. Notes indicated Eligibility Met, Criminality Met, Medicals (me passed and wife ready for assessment) and no start on security (or it was left blank).
Aug 08th request to redo medicals (they were expiring 09th Sept 2019).
Medicals redone 19th Aug and uploaded.
PPR requested 13th Sept 2019.

Thank you to all who have been active in keeping the positivity alive.
I've been through this tough stage and I can say that the wait is worth it. You will all get your PPR soon. Do not lose faith or hope.

Best wishes to all.
Congratulations! A well deserved PPR! Thank you for your encouragement too. Wishing you all the best as you start a new life.

D

Deleted member 826724

OMG! This has made my day end so badly. @SithLord, please, appeal after getting an immigration lawyer. This is so sad indeed. I am hurt

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018

Hi @SithLord, I am also sending you virtual hugs. As everyone has said, seek the help of a good immigration lawyer to reopen your case. I have seen how helpful you have been on this forum to many of us and it is so unfair that they rejected your application after many months. I will keep you in my prayers.

Michael675

Feb 10, 2018

OMG please hire a lawyer to reopen your file... I heard about some cases who got refusal then with the help of a lawyer they managed to get their PR.

Hope to hear good news about you soon

Sunshine1010

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019

I am so sorry to hear this. So disappointed and I think its fair to say that we all stand with you. I hope something else works out soon.

D

Deleted member 826724

OMG i feel hurt and empty reading this message, words can't express how i feel at this moment. . Because of you today i got my PR you was my hope and encouragement. Even save me money by not hiring a consultant. My prayers are with you that your application will have positive outcome whichever road you take.
Congratulations indeed! Let’s keep praying for our brother @SithLord

Reactions: devikaroland