+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
From my point of view..
All applications submitted prior the new government decision will not be affected.
well that would be ideal... but i know for a fact that prior to 2009 or pre 2010 ( dont know the exact year) lot of PR files were returned along with application fees.. stating to apply in the new scheme which was faster and had changed from prior. Infact my parents had applied at that time and their file was returned after 3-4 yrs ( can be longer as well but definitely not less) which was the normal processing times during those times. .

My point is there any law this time around that prevents them from doing so again or can somebody sue the federal government for this ...

amans39

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Guys just wanted to ask a question that has been bothering me of late..

If there is a change of government in the upcoming federal elections and the next government decides to decrease or change the laws of immigration ... what happens to the cases already submitted ???

Any thoughts.....
Applications submitted are generally processed in accordance with the rules prevalent at the time of application submission. It is highly unlikely that our cases will be effected due to change in the government, unless they bring some radical changes to Immigration laws.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
well that would be ideal... but i know for a fact that prior to 2009 or pre 2010 ( dont know the exact year) lot of PR files were returned along with application fees.. stating to apply in the new scheme which was faster and had changed from prior. Infact my parents had applied at that time and their file was returned after 3-4 yrs ( can be longer as well but definitely not less) which was the normal processing times during those times. .

My point is there any law this time around that prevents them from doing so again or can somebody sue the federal government for this ...
If I understand you well..
The scenario you just mentioned above, they were trying to make the process more efficient and not that they tried cutting down number of applications already submitted.
If a new government even comes in, I do not think their rules is going to affect already ongoing applications

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
I have an update for you guys! My application for a study permit was approved! It's not the PR yet, but already I feel out of the limbo of not being able to make plans for my life. I'm going to Canada in December (guaranteed!!) and start studying in January. Hopefully by then I'll have the PR and pay less tuition, but happy with the decision regardless! :cool:

Novich

Nov 27, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-11-2018
Congrats @Novich :)..

will you share your timeline - rr info if any when you get a chance - Thanks :)
My timeline:
AOR 15/11/2018
Medical pass:17/12/2018
Dead silence no update whatsoever.Then received GCSM notes some time in May and noticed that my file was last touched in January with Eligibility met.Called IRCC once and agent told me nothing to worry about all looks good and i waited.
Then 23/08/19 received email request to submit additional family information form 5604 and i submitted it on Monday and received RFV email the next day.

Last edited:

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
My timeline:
AOR 15/11/2018
Dead silence no update whatsoever.Then received GCSM notes some time in May and noticed that my file was last touched in January with Eligibility met.Called IRCC once and agent told me nothing to worry about all looks good and i waited.
Then 23/08/19 received email request to submit additional family information form 5604 and i submitted it on Monday and received RFV email the next day.
Congratulations! Good luck for your landing.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
My timeline:
AOR 15/11/2018
Thanks a lot for posting your timeline @Novich ..
All the Best for the Life ahead in Canada ..
:)

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
I have an update for you guys! My application for a study permit was approved! It's not the PR yet, but already I feel out of the limbo of not being able to make plans for my life. I'm going to Canada in December (guaranteed!!) and start studying in January. Hopefully by then I'll have the PR and pay less tuition, but happy with the decision regardless! :cool:
Yaaay that's awesome!!! By January I'm sure you'll have your PR, but having something like this is already a huge change! :):):)

Last edited:

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
i javr a question if eligibility is not met is it an automatic refusal or the reviewing officer can over ride that when it goes for final review.