+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Wiley

Aug 12, 2019
Thank you for your posts, I feel better that I'm not the only one in PRP purgatory !

AOR date : 14 November 2018

Have not had any communications since the request for biometrics for my partner on 14 December 2018. I have not been able to get through to IRCC by phone - is there any trick to that ? I have used the web form 3x (twice to ask for updates and once to update address) but each time only get stock response.

Today I emailed Ralph and received response very quickly : application is at CPC Ottawa, criminality is in progress, eligibility is met, security checks have not been initiated and my medical has now expired. What does this mean ?

I also requested GCMS today - I've been trying to be patient but this #snailentry is terrible !

Last edited:

amans39

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Thank you for your posts, I feel better that I'm not the only one in PRP purgatory !

Have not had any communications since the request for biometrics for my partner on 14 December 2018. I have not been able to get through to IRCC by phone - is there any trick to that ? I have used the web form 3x (twice to ask for updates and once to update address) but each time only get stock response.

Today I emailed Ralph and received response very quickly : application is at CPC Ottawa, criminality is in progress, eligibility is met, security checks have not been initiated and my medical has now expired. What does this mean ?

I also requested GCMS today - I've been trying to be patient but this #snailentry is terrible !
When you dial, continue pressing 1 till the time it connects to IRCC. It worked for me.

Reactions: kzeed12

amans39

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
True that...my case was very weird... I haven't received any update on my application since med passed I.e 5th aug...in this 9months of journey i have raised just 2 web forms and sent 1 mail to Ralph.. 1st web form when I completed 6months and my status bar was full... And another in July to check if my application needs any additional documents.. I have never made any calls to their call centre...And out of no where I have received this PPR email..
Congratulations Ruchika.

Reactions: ruchikathakur16

amans39

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I called IRCC today. Here's what I got:
AOR: November 02, 2018
Medical Passed: December 03, 2018
Medical valid till: October 15, 2019
Eligibility: Under Review
Criminality: Passed
Security Screening: Not Started

Should I be worried about the eligibility under review even after 10 months of application submission?

The lady told me that I should hear something from IRCC before September 23, 2019; seemed like some kind of deadline. If I don't get any response by then, then call back for an update.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I called IRCC today. Here's what I got:
AOR: November 02, 2018
Medical Passed: December 03, 2018
Medical valid till: October 15, 2019
Eligibility: Under Review
Criminality: Passed
Security Screening: Not Started

Should I be worried about the eligibility under review even after 10 months of application submission?

The lady told me that I should hear something from IRCC before September 23, 2019; seemed like some kind of deadline. If I don't get any response by then, then call back for an update.
Did you order gcms notes and do you know what you are under RR for .. i would proactively send docs for whatever you are under rr for .. not late yet to order gcms notes if you haven't..
Good luck

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018

Someone shared in here before - when you call - choose option 1 1 1 - get transferred from global affairs canada to ircc - then options 2 1 1 0 - you will be transferred to member sponsorship dept but they have the same operator - you will be put in queue rightaway and you will not get disconnected..
Good luck

Chee

Nov 2, 2018
True that...my case was very weird... I haven't received any update on my application since med passed I.e 5th aug...in this 9months of journey i have raised just 2 web forms and sent 1 mail to Ralph.. 1st web form when I completed 6months and my status bar was full... And another in July to check if my application needs any additional documents.. I have never made any calls to their call centre...And out of no where I have received this PPR email..
Who is Ralph

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
All data for Country of Residence - India

Is it possible that they have 'country of citizenship' and 'country of residence' wise yearly quotas? I don't know if anybody has noticed, but the number of PPRs issued recently with 'country of residence' as India has drastically reduced. This is just an observation from immitracker.

As per immitracker, there were 534 PPRs issued till Aug 22, 2018 last year, and they issued 900 in 2019 (year to date), with country of residence as India. Just comparing year-on-year data.

2019 Statistics (PPRs issued):
Jan: 111
Feb: 115
Mar: 125
Apr: 130
May: 144
Jun: 133
Jul: 101
Aug: 41 (till yesterday Aug 22)

Now what I can infer is that they are mostly issuing more than 100 per month as per the sample from immitracker. But, they have only issued around 40 this month. So either we will see a big batch in the next 7 days for Indians or they must have reached their country of residence wise limit. I would like to believe the former and be positive :)

Let's hope for the best!!!

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
All data for Country of Residence - India

Is it possible that they have 'country of citizenship' and 'country of residence' wise yearly quotas? I don't know if anybody has noticed, but the number of PPRs issued recently with 'country of residence' as India has drastically reduced. This is just an observation from immitracker.

As per immitracker, there were 534 PPRs issued till Aug 22, 2018 last year, and they issued 900 in 2019 (year to date), with country of residence as India. Just comparing year-on-year data.

2019 Statistics (PPRs issued):
Jan: 111
Feb: 115
Mar: 125
Apr: 130
May: 144
Jun: 133
Jul: 101
Aug: 41 (till yesterday Aug 22)

Now what I can infer is that they are mostly issuing more than 100 per month as per the sample from immitracker. But, they have only issued around 40 this month. So either we will see a big batch in the next 7 days for Indians or they must have reached their country of residence wise limit. I would like to believe the former and be positive :)

Let's hope for the best!!!
What a deep study :)
Don't know if this is true, but I would really want to believe this...... And hope they release a big batch soon......
Ur theory is again giving hope

Reactions: amans39

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....