+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I got my second gcms report today.... it is the same status as it was 2 months back.. Eligibility met, Criminality and security not started... it is practically untouched for months

My application is not under RR... cant understand why there is so much delay for no reason at all...
Pretty much like my case.

Let's just hope this month brings good news!!

There is only so much they can delay :)

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Does someone has info about this pls?
As in your case, my POF was also a mix of FDs and savings account balance. The certificate issued by the bank had three parts - statement of that financial year including the information requested by IRCC, an account of balance in FDs and an account of balance in the savings account. That should be all.
Savings account statements do not show information on FDs, generally speaking. Just ask the bank to issue a certificate that captures all that information.

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Welcome back @SithLord. Since I confirmed my file was under SS since Feb 2, I leave the waiting in peace. Positive thinking is my eligibility passed that case rejection rate very closes to 0.
How did you find out that your are under SS? Did you order CBSA? How long does it take before you get the result?

Last edited:

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
I have been wondering about the medical thing as well for a while. The re-med/extension seems to random and totally depends on the case officer. But it is a
Definitely very crucial and a strong indication of PPR.

I'm just not sure whether they look at cases that are nearing medical expiration dates or after medical have expired. A lot of people from September and October said their medical were either extended or remed a month or two before expiry. My medicals expire on Oct 16 so in the next couple of weeks someone definitely has to look at my case or must get some sort of notification.

Let's see!!
My meds expire Sept 27th. I'll let you guys know if I get any notification.

Reactions: SithLord and bc92

seantung

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
SK-EE
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2018
Med's Done....
2018-12-14
How did you find out that your are under SS? Did you order CBSA? How long does it take before you get the result?
Base on GCMS notes and calls to CIC. Normal SS will take from 6-10 months. I hope mine could end at Oct.

Reactions: Maziar

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
Well, I was initially surprised about the delay but then realised most of these cases are stuck at CPC-Ottawa which also processes student visas.

July is a peak period for processing student visas for fall admissions. Anyways, they should have cleared all that by now so hopefully from next week they will put their attention towards PR applications.
I follow a Brazilian group about student visas as well and I'm sad to report they're very delayed as well. The service level standard goal for that (our 6 months) is 8 weeks. There are lots of people over that and I know a few who have been waiting for some 20 weeks now! Not sure they cleared the September intake yet. I hope that processing for student visa and PR go as separately as possible.

Reactions: SithLord

Max_Rimon

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
My meds expire Sept 27th. I'll let you guys know if I get any notification.
My medical expired a week ago and the message on the profile changed from "Medical Passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

I think that CEC applicants usually will get medical extended automatically by the officer and BTW Medical Expiry is good for the processing time because the officer will have to open the file and finally work on it ;)

Lydz86

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
I'm currently applying for jobs since this process is obviously going to go on for another couple months. My only concern now is that once I finally get PPR (fingers crossed) they will tell me I have to enter Canada by a specific time that my new employer won't appreciate me taking off. Leaving, even just for a short time for soft landing, after just starting a job is so disrespectful. If I'd known about soft landing before and had the foresight to know this would take up to a year I would have renewed my last work contract. This whole process has really broken my spirit.

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
I follow a Brazilian group about student visas as well and I'm sad to report they're very delayed as well. The service level standard goal for that (our 6 months) is 8 weeks. There are lots of people over that and I know a few who have been waiting for some 20 weeks now! Not sure they cleared the September intake yet. I hope that processing for student visa and PR go as separately as possible.
Oh no....... that's not good at all :confused:

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
I'm currently applying for jobs since this process is obviously going to go on for another couple months. My only concern now is that once I finally get PPR (fingers crossed) they will tell me I have to enter Canada by a specific time that my new employer won't appreciate me taking off. Leaving, even just for a short time for soft landing, after just starting a job is so disrespectful. If I'd known about soft landing before and had the foresight to know this would take up to a year I would have renewed my last work contract. This whole process has really broken my spirit.
I can relate to this... i left my job thinking i will get ppr in 6 months... now jobless

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
This doesn't look good!! I wonder what kind of state IRCC has implemented to deal with these massive backlogs.