+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Sailaja444

Oct 3, 2018
Hi,

Raised a status request last week for our case: Nov 28 AOR FSW-O-Indian (12 days to go when I received this: yesterday):

1. I am happy that my case is in Ottawa (and not in NDVO, which I assume is slower). I read here frequently that Ottawa processes app in a day or two if it touches the app. Is that a correct assumption?

2. Nobody has requested pending docs from us, since AOR. Ok to assume that sufficient docs are provided to IRCC for their decision making?

3. How to interpret the below IRCC message beyond the above two points?

4. Or things have gone real haywire and my file is somewhere in the dungeons under the IRCC castle where people go once a year to clean the sewers?

/*---start of message

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
· Your application was received via your account on November 28, 2018.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
· The responsible office has not begun verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and your dependent child.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

---end of message-----*/
Hi,

Raised a status request last week for our case: Nov 28 AOR FSW-O-Indian (12 days to go when I received this: yesterday):

1. I am happy that my case is in Ottawa (and not in NDVO, which I assume is slower). I read here frequently that Ottawa processes app in a day or two if it touches the app. Is that a correct assumption?

2. Nobody has requested pending docs from us, since AOR. Ok to assume that sufficient docs are provided to IRCC for their decision making?

3. How to interpret the below IRCC message beyond the above two points?

4. Or things have gone real haywire and my file is somewhere in the dungeons under the IRCC castle where people go once a year to clean the sewers?

/*---start of message

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
· Your application was received via your account on November 28, 2018.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
· The responsible office has not begun verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and your dependent child.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

---end of message-----*/
I'm AOR 29th Nov and have received the same message, after which I spoke to an agent who also informed that nothing has started. He added that the delay is because of the no. of applications but nothing is there to really worry about my profile. Let's have patience and wait for our turn.

Reactions: pgpg

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So I just received the response from my VO (I previously raised a web form asking about the status of my case and they told me that they were going to forward my enquires to the office responsible for my case). It turns out that my file is still in Ottawa, because the message came from CPC-CTD-Ottawa.

The message says:

“Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.”

I haven’t received any update or request since I was asked to pay RPRF 4 months ago.

Any thoughts?

What does “requires additional verifications” mean?

How generic is the message? Should I worry?

:(
I got the exact same response from Ottawa too. What is your eligibility status?

I think this has more to do with background checks.
This is a generic message, usually sent when your eligibility is passed and the security has commenced.

priya93

Apr 27, 2019
My Timeline got over on 14 May, still in IP1. On 15 May I dropped a web query to the authorities. However I have not heard from them. Does anyone knows how many days do they take for replying.

Reactions: Prapri2912

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
pleasantries + this text: "My application is almost at the estimated-completion-date and I have not seen any movement in it for past many months. I wonder what is my application status for 1. Eligibility 2. Background check 3. Security check It'd be great to know which office is processing my application? Thank you "
Thanks a lot for this.

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
I am certain that i haven't received any email or messages for ADR but seeing the link when i login to my account, " View submitted application or upload documents " makes me wonder if i have missed ADR, so wanted to check how do we get to know if we have received an ADR request? Is it through the email or we get a message in the account?

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Hii Guys,
Yesterday I recieved the ADR request and i upload...now my status review additional documents showing NOT APPLICABLE .
What it is ?
It means you are in the clear. Once you upload, it first shows :"Reviewing additional documents", if it has already changed to NA, then it means they are done reviewing.

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
My Timeline got over on 14 May, still in IP1. On 15 May I dropped a web query to the authorities. However I have not heard from them. Does anyone knows how many days do they take for replying.
7-8 days ideally.

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
I am certain that i haven't received any email or messages for ADR but seeing the link when i login to my account, " View submitted application or upload documents " makes me wonder if i have missed ADR, so wanted to check how do we get to know if we have received an ADR request? Is it through the email or we get a message in the account?
This link " View submitted application or upload documents " at the top part of your "Application status and messages" page is visible to all. In case you are asked to upload any new document by IRCC, you would use this link to do the same.

ADR requests are seen under the section " Messages about your application" on the same Application status and messages" page.

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
You will receive an email notification.
You can also see a request letter under your message board in the profile page. " View submitted application or upload documents" is for checking the list of documents submitted and to upload new document if there is a ADR. But to see if you have received ADR or any message - you need check the end of the Profile page under "Messages about your application"