+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Does the second official language (French) score of the dependent in an express entry application contribute to the overall CRS score?

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
Hi,

Raised a status request last week for our case: Nov 28 AOR FSW-O-Indian (12 days to go when I received this: yesterday):

1. I am happy that my case is in Ottawa (and not in NDVO, which I assume is slower). I read here frequently that Ottawa processes app in a day or two if it touches the app. Is that a correct assumption?

2. Nobody has requested pending docs from us, since AOR. Ok to assume that sufficient docs are provided to IRCC for their decision making?

3. How to interpret the below IRCC message beyond the above two points?

4. Or things have gone real haywire and my file is somewhere in the dungeons under the IRCC castle where people go once a year to clean the sewers?

/*---start of message

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
· Your application was received via your account on November 28, 2018.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
· The responsible office has not begun verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and your dependent child.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

---end of message-----*/
Same AOR, same status!! :(

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
So this is how it works.
1.Under Privacy Act only the person whose information is requested can be released to the person himself.
If you request information on behalf of your spouse who is dependent, they won't release any information.
You can use the consent form for the same.
2. Did you mention your husband's email ID anywhere in the application? Sometimes Agents are also wierd so that is normal.
You should order gcms notes to understand what is going on. Do use a consent form if you want the information for both of you, else use the third party service for the notes.
Hello, thank you for the information :)

1. No information was asked. Only wanted to update that my husband (Who is dependent) has entered Canada.
2. Yes, his email address was already updated on the application as the secondary email address to contact us.
3. Ordered GCMS notes via third party back on 29th April. Ordered from 3rd party, but again he requested it through his email address. I am not sure now if we will get it now or not.
4. When I called this week, the CIC agent confirmed my identity by my husband email address and not mine. Pretty weird this is.

My husband raised another webform today and this time used my identity even in LOE. Lets see.
Fingers crossed!! 11 days left.

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
I can’t really tell about my eligibility, as I haven’t received my notes yet (is the first set I order) and when I raised a webform asking about this, they didn’t address that question at all. I’m guessing that when I was asked to pay RPRF it was at least recommended passed, since I haven’t received any ADR and otherwise why would they ask for RPRF if they didn’t consider that the file looked good; but that’s just a guess.

The weird thing is that on my profile, I’m still technically in IP1, so that may contradict somehow the “Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications”. I guess maybe that it’s true that the profile isn’t always up to date.

At least it seems our cases are not isolated cases. There’s some sort of pattern here.
Could it have to do with RPRF maybe? since you didn't have ADR? just yesterday I got the following response from CSE:

"
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
"

Those seem to be the two automated formats they have.

Alecm464

Feb 3, 2019
Hey everyone,
Mostly a silent reader.
But I have a question to pose in regards to my application now.
Our (my wife and my) AOR is 20th Nov 2018.
3 days left on out timeline essentially.
We used a company for our immigration and we have a consultant who gets our notifications.
Today we received an email for RPRF to be paid.

As we are so close to 6 months timeline, what are the chances that our visa will be declined now since they have asked us to pay the RPRF?

Reactions: micomics

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hey everyone,
Mostly a silent reader.
But I have a question to pose in regards to my application now.
Our (my wife and my) AOR is 20th Nov 2018.
3 days left on out timeline essentially.
We used a company for our immigration and we have a consultant who gets our notifications.
Today we received an email for RPRF to be paid.

As we are so close to 6 months timeline, what are the chances that our visa will be declined now since they have asked us to pay the RPRF?
I highly doubt they will reject your case after asking you to pay RPRF :p