+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I can’t really tell about my eligibility, as I haven’t received my notes yet (is the first set I order) and when I raised a webform asking about this, they didn’t address that question at all. I’m guessing that when I was asked to pay RPRF it was at least recommended passed, since I haven’t received any ADR and otherwise why would they ask for RPRF if they didn’t consider that the file looked good; but that’s just a guess.

The weird thing is that on my profile, I’m still technically in IP1, so that may contradict somehow the “Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications”. I guess maybe that it’s true that the profile isn’t always up to date.

At least it seems our cases are not isolated cases. There’s some sort of pattern here.
As per what I've read that from others, most said they were under security/background checks.

The statement implies the application is pending review and the officer is waiting for additional verifications to complete.

nitin1282

Jan 16, 2012
AOR - 18-Nov
ADR - 19-Dec
ADR - 16-May (Procedural Fairness letter requested)

Can anyone suggest/help on how to draft Fairness letter and what all documents to include in it?

Below is the Procedural Fairness letter requested:
I have almost completed the assessment of your application for permanent residence in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) category.

The FSW category is prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers, who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada, and who intend to reside in a province other than Quebec.
Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.

Next steps
Please respond to this email with written evidence and documentation that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec in order for me to make a final decision on your application. Your application number must be included in the subject line of your response.

Reactions: Upasana

Canada_Diaries

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
IELTS Request
30-01-2019
AOR - 18-Nov
ADR - 19-Dec
ADR - 16-May (Procedural Fairness letter requested)

Can anyone suggest/help on how to draft Fairness letter and what all documents to include in it?

Below is the Procedural Fairness letter requested:
I have almost completed the assessment of your application for permanent residence in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) category.

The FSW category is prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers, who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada, and who intend to reside in a province other than Quebec.
Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.

Next steps
Please respond to this email with written evidence and documentation that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec in order for me to make a final decision on your application. Your application number must be included in the subject line of your response.

Are you in Quebec? One of my friend got the same request earlier this year, and he just provided the intentions of living in a Province other than Quebec. If you have offer letter, it would be best Bet, otherwise you have to take a lease and send the leasing papers

nitin1282

Jan 16, 2012
Are you in Quebec? One of my friend got the same request earlier this year, and he just provided the intentions of living in a Province other than Quebec. If you have offer letter, it would be best Bet, otherwise you have to take a lease and send the leasing papers
Currently I am in Mexico. I moved to Mexico 2.5 years ago. I was staying in Quebec for 5 years(2011 till 2016) on work permit. My wife was also working. I have a son (born in Quebec).

But now I don't intent at all to go back to QC. I am wondering, what all documents & explanation, I can provide to solidify my statement.
I don't have offer letter from Toronto. What kind of lease are you talking about here?

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
I have a very strange situation.
Aor 28th Nov.

My husband is studying in Schulich School Of Business. He entered Canada on 30th April on Work Visa. He had his student visa renewed to Work Visa. He has student visa before our AOR.

Last week when we called CIC to check our status, my husband informed his about his entry and asked if it needs to be informed to CIC. The agent said it's good to inform and said would sent the web form link to the primary email address of our application. My email address is primary and his is secondary.
Soon we got the mail from him in my email address as expected. My husband however wrote the LOE stating that he entered Canada and submitted address and other proofs. He submitted the web form through his email address (it's updated as the secondary email address)

We just received a reply on our web form. Here it goes:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the file of Upasana Banerjee and were unable to find information stating that you are their representative.

The Privacy Act ensures that a person's identity and personal information are protected. For this reason, we cannot take action on your request since this file contains personal information about another person.

In order to respond to your inquiry, Upasana Banerjee must provide written consent to IRCC by completing theUse of a Representative form and submitting it via theIRCC Web form. You may also contact the appropriategoverning body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

Now, my query is:

1. First of all, he is the dependant and his email address is provided. Why did we get such a reply? As my email address is primary and as I am the primary applicant, only web form would be accepted from my email address and LOE should only be written by by the primary applicant only and not by dependent?

2. Here is the most strange part. I called cic this week again to check our status..And while verification of my identity i was asked about my email address. I provided mine but he did not seemed confident. Then I have my husband's email address and he agreed to proceed. The agent (Jeremy) then said my husband's email address is the one they have.

Though last week the previous agent said he would send the web form to the primary email address and it reached my inbox...!!!

Jeremy also said nothing has started on our profile where as the previous agents said file was in process internally.

Does this mean that that Jeremy gave me wrong information??

Please suggest what to do...I am so confused right now. :(

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Currently I am in Mexico. I moved to Mexico 2.5 years ago. I was staying in Quebec for 5 years(2011 till 2016) on work permit. My wife was also working. I have a son (born in Quebec).

But now I don't intent at all to go back to QC. I am wondering, what all documents & explanation, I can provide to solidify my statement.
I don't have offer letter from Toronto. What kind of lease are you talking about here?
Did you leave Quebec voluntarily? Maybe you could argue that you got sick and tired of Quebec and left even if you didn't have to.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018

Have you already applied for jobs in ON? Have you sent any email enquiries for your soons school or daycare? Anything that would show your intention to live in ON? You can also mention that you have no ties to QC- no assets, family, job ...

Reactions: nitin1282

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

You have to show strong evidences that you are not tied to Quebec.

How about applying for jobs? get a lease agreement? Do you have any family living in Ontario? You could try to provide evidence that you would like your son to attend an English school

Reactions: nitin1282

pratikmoon

May 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

Had a query. I got an ADR at the start of the week to upload the bank statements for the last 6 months. Uploaded the document today morning.

There was a link 'View submitted application or upload documents' just below the 'Application status and messages' header to upload the document. I went through the complete process - uploaded the document, signed the declaration again and submitted the application.

Now, when I log in again, my profile shows as 'submitted' but the link to upload the document still exists. When I open this link, I do not get any handler to upload the document but in fact a status showing the list of documents which have been provided. I see the the ADR document in the list as well.

Is the presence of the link 'View submitted application or upload documents' normal even after uploading the document or is this some glitch?

Arjun1240

Apr 18, 2019
I called CIC helpline. They told me my application has been forwarded to the local office in Toronto (Etobicoke).
and I will not receive the request for PPR. Local will schedule the appointment for the landing the interview and call me in the next 6 weeks.

I don't have any email confirmation or anything. Also, on portal, it is showing me still IP2 status.

Is there any way to contact local Etobicoke office via phone or schedule the appointment early.?

Last edited:

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
I called CIC helpline. They told me my application has been forwarded to the local office in Toronto (Etobicoke).
and I will receive the request for PPR. Local will schedule the appointment for the landing the interview and call me in the next 6 weeks.

I don't have any email confirmation or anything. Also, on portal, it is showing me still IP2 status.

Is there any way to contact local Etobicoke office via phone or schedule the appointment early.?

Congratulations..Atleast you have some good news!!
Ur AOR please?