+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Smriti Sethi

Jun 28, 2018
Congratulations..!! :)

Could you please let me know if your apploication had any update like BC check started or there was no update and you received the PPR mail today directly in your mailbox?

I am 28th NOV AOR, no update since Jan and when called this week, the agent said nothing has been started.

Hi,
My AOR i 30 Nov. Do you advise that i should call and check about my status or should i wait for 6 months to be completed as only 14 days remaining now. Thanks

karinada

May 14, 2019
Hello,
Does anybody know how long will it take to get the passport back from the date the visa officer receives it?
Thank you

Grizz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
7 days left as per my progress bar. No update since medical. Haven’t contacted IRCC and don’t intend to till the deadline. Good strategy or should I find out what’s going on?

Reactions: Upasana

Mark888

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,
I got the same reply. The funny and annoying thing at the same time is that the call center agent said I was welcome to contact them at any time, but in their CSE replies they ask to keep the correspondence to a minimum.

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
Agent said that background check has started but in my profile IP1 has not shifted to IP2:(
I had similar situation.
April last week we called, was said BC started but no update on profile. Same was told to us again when we called last week. However, this week when I called again, the agent named Jeremy said nothing has started.
I am very confused, who to believe.
AOR 28th NOV 18. 12 days left..!!!!! :(

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
Can someone tell me , how many days it takes for cic to review the documents? How do I know if they have rcvd the documents?
I called today to know if they rcvd the documents.. ... But they had not received. So if someone can tell me how much time it takes for them to rcv the documents?

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I got the exact same response from Ottawa too. What is your eligibility status?

I think this has more to do with background checks.
I can’t really tell about my eligibility, as I haven’t received my notes yet (is the first set I order) and when I raised a webform asking about this, they didn’t address that question at all. I’m guessing that when I was asked to pay RPRF it was at least recommended passed, since I haven’t received any ADR and otherwise why would they ask for RPRF if they didn’t consider that the file looked good; but that’s just a guess.

The weird thing is that on my profile, I’m still technically in IP1, so that may contradict somehow the “Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications”. I guess maybe that it’s true that the profile isn’t always up to date.

I got the same reply. The funny and annoying thing at the same time is that the call center agent said I was welcome to contact them at any time, but in their CSE replies they ask to keep the correspondence to a minimum.
At least it seems our cases are not isolated cases. There’s some sort of pattern here.

Manali Deshpande

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
I had similar situation.
April last week we called, was said BC started but no update on profile. Same was told to us again when we called last week. However, this week when I called again, the agent named Jeremy said nothing has started.
I am very confused, who to believe.
AOR 28th NOV 18. 12 days left..!!!!! :(
Even I was told by the agent yesterday that nothing has started. Aor nov 28.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much for your reply!
So you haven’t seen many cases of rejection due to PCC at this stage (after 3,5 months)? Should I attempt to renew my PCC (consulate in a another city)?

Since my file was transferred to LVO (Paris VO) I sent a request for an update on criminality check yesterday, but I doubt they will reply...
Since I am not privy to your documents, I cannot conclusively say anything. But by this time the R10 and criminality is done for most applicants. To know if your criminality is passed, see your GCMS notes.

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
So I just received the response from my VO (I previously raised a web form asking about the status of my case and they told me that they were going to forward my enquires to the office responsible for my case). It turns out that my file is still in Ottawa, because the message came from CPC-CTD-Ottawa.

The message says:

“Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.”

I haven’t received any update or request since I was asked to pay RPRF 4 months ago.

Any thoughts?

What does “requires additional verifications” mean?

How generic is the message? Should I worry?

:(
Same reply. AOR Nov 4 and eligibility met. Status is IP1.

Reactions: greenboymx

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
So I just received the response from my VO (I previously raised a web form asking about the status of my case and they told me that they were going to forward my enquires to the office responsible for my case). It turns out that my file is still in Ottawa, because the message came from CPC-CTD-Ottawa.

The message says:

“Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.”

I haven’t received any update or request since I was asked to pay RPRF 4 months ago.

Any thoughts?

What does “requires additional verifications” mean?

How generic is the message? Should I worry?

:(
Apply for GCMS notes for a detailed explanation. Be ready to wait for a month for the notes to arrive. It is very much possible that ur PPR email might come before GCMS notes :)

Reactions: greenboymx

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi @SithLord, I also received the exact same response just a while back. My eligibility status is MET as per the agent.

AOR : 9th Nov
No update after MEP, still in IP1
There were others who got same response and they were told eligibility was met/recommended pass/passed and background checks were going on