+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Agreed. What's the point in doing background checks before hand if the applicant is not eligible? I feel like that should be the first step in the process. But oh well, who knows.
Background checks are not done before eligibility, they are done in parallel. Eligibility check is a two day job where a case analyst & then a visa officer reviews your file. The "start" of eligibility is the review by the case analyst and the "end" is the review by the visa officer. Background check is an long process where info requests are sent to various countries & agencies, received, aggregated and a report created finally.

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Background check is done by CBSA which is separate from IRCC & probably most of it is automated, sending requests for info and just waiting for replies. Eligibility is different, someone has to go through your entire documents (which number close to 100) and check things such as your IELTS scores, ECA evaluation, legitimacy of your employment etc. This takes time.

Basically in 2017, the Canadian govt decided to both parallelize the application process and increase the number of ITAs. In the beginning it was good as files were cleared fast but the large increase in ITAs over 2 years is now catching up with IRCC and VOs are not opening files until after 3-5 months have passed.
Wow...if IRCC needs more information, only after 3 to 5 months they will issue an ADR?!

I´m concerned now...
I have been working in the same company for 9 years, holding different positions under the same NOC.
I uploaded just one letter of Proof of Work Experience for all the positions, but what concerns me now is that the letter, although has job duties and dates in each position, it includes just the number of work hours per week and annual salary (plus benefits) of the last position.
Should I upload information regarding the hours per week and salary of the previous positions through a Webform? Or should I wait for a possible ADR (after 3 or 5 months from AOR)?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Wow...if IRCC needs more information, only after 3 to 5 months they will issue an ADR?!

I´m concerned now...
I have been working in the same company for 9 years, holding different positions under the same NOC.
I uploaded just one letter of Proof of Work Experience for all the positions, but what concerns me now is that the letter, although has job duties and dates in each position, it includes just the number of work hours per week and annual salary (plus benefits) of the last position.
Should I upload information regarding the hours per week and salary of the previous positions through a Webform? Or should I wait for a possible ADR (after 3 or 5 months from AOR)?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
The visa officer is not the only person who sends out ADR. Program assistant (who does the completeness check) and case analyst (who does the initial processing and flags stuff for the VO to review) also can send ADRs. In fact, most ADRs are usually sent by these two types.

I don't think the situation that you mentioned would be an issue but if you are worried, my advice would be to order GCMS notes at 2 months and hope that a case analyst has reviewed your file by then. If there is any issue with the work exp letter, then he will flag it for review with remarks on what exactly the issue is. Then you can proactively upload information using webform.

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Background checks are not done before eligibility, they are done in parallel. Eligibility check is a two day job where a case analyst & then a visa officer reviews your file. The "start" of eligibility is the review by the case analyst and the "end" is the review by the visa officer. Background check is an long process where info requests are sent to various countries & agencies, received, aggregated and a report created finally.
I see that makes more sense.

a_tkd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Nomination.....
23-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Hello everyone,

Stream: PNP - Inland
AOR: 10 Nov 2018
MEP: 12 Dec 2018
Ghost Update: 10 Jan 2019

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
The visa officer is not the only person who sends out ADR. Program assistant (who does the completeness check) and case analyst (who does the initial processing and flags stuff for the VO to review) also can send ADRs. In fact, most ADRs are usually sent by these two types.

I don't think the situation that you mentioned would be an issue but if you are worried, my advice would be to order GCMS notes at 2 months and hope that a case analyst has reviewed your file by then. If there is any issue with the work exp letter, then he will flag it for review with remarks on what exactly the issue is. Then you can proactively upload information using webform.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your response! Maybe it will not be an issue...but I think I will wait a month and a half before asking GCMS notes.

a_tkd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Nomination.....
23-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
That's awesome.

What does your background status say?
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Based on what I've read on this forum, this might be IP2. It has been in IP2 since MEP.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Based on what I've read on this forum, this might be IP2. It has been in IP2 since MEP.
This looks pretty good man, especially if your application has been in background check mode since MEP.

Maybe you are the chosen one for November 2018 AOR :D

I'd be super excited too if I were in your position. Hoping that you get to hear good news very very soon.

Reactions: a_tkd

fahsa

Jan 10, 2019
Hello. I applied for FSW express entry from within Canada and got a biometric request letter. It says I have to leave Canada for the biometrics which is really difficult for me. Any way to avoid this? Welcome any feedback. Thanks.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello. I applied for FSW express entry from within Canada and got a biometric request letter. It says I have to leave Canada for the biometrics which is really difficult for me. Any way to avoid this? Welcome any feedback. Thanks.
Are you visiting?

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
wow, so for some reason, it took very long to get MEP. I have written here about it several times, but finally got it.
It also seems to be that I am in IP2, but I am not sure.
My AOR is Nov 24th
MEP is Jan 9th (my UCI changed about 2 weeks ago or so)

I called CIC and asked if they got my medical results, as I actually suspected that the doc didn't send it(I also read on the forum that that happened to someone). They told me that they received it, and I also asked where my application is being processed. (Sydney NS)
Apparently, if it's in the CIO in Sydney NS, it might take longer to process for some reason. I have read on the forum numerous times that people are receiving MEP after 2 months in this office, and other stages are taking longer as well, but I hope mine(and everyone else's) will go smooth this year.

The weird thing that they updated my MEP the day after I called them, I wonder if my call affected it somehow :/ probably not tho

Reactions: smash1984