+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
My aor is also 4th Nov.
Ur file is in which stage?
I mean did u call cic to ask about ur eligibility. Criminality and security.......
Also...... Did u receive any ghost update?
Hi Priya
I am in IP1. No update since MEP. My file has not been picked up.

Eligibility - Met
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete
Criminality - Not started
Security - Not started

Same status since Dec 20, 2018.

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hi Priya

Eligibility - Met
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete
Security - Not started

Well...... Criminality and security might have started...... Just that it might not be updated......
I suggest.... Call and confirm......

Amit#

May 28, 2019
Hi All,
Can someone please help me with the contact number in order to check the status of my file.
Also if someone know what numbers to be pressed on the IVR.
It will be of great help!
Thanks in advance.

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
Well...... Criminality and security might have started...... Just that it might not be updated......
I suggest.... Call and confirm......
My notes were generated on May 22, 2019. Due date mentioned on the file is June 20, 2019, so I am going to wait till then. Let's hope that we get our PPR soon. All the best!

Reactions: Priya0227

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
Hi Priya

Eligibility - Met
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete
Security - Not started

Hey,
You file has been well picked up dear!!
Else Eligibility would not have been met and Info sharing completed.

181 days now, nothing started. just done with MEP.
This is what is known as file not being picked up..lol:D:D:D:D:D:D

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
Hello again,

I knew a girl whose AOR was July 28th 2018.
She had got her PPR mail today finally :)
Really very happy for her. She had no ADR. Simple application, Masters, IELTS in 1st attempt, 1 employer for 3 and above years, no foreign trips, FD worth 10lacs.
Yet she waited for 3 months for her security to start!!
On 12th May she told me she had got her re-medical request and she already did them on 11th. Probably came on 1st week of May. Her last medical was done on June 2018.

I read on CIC website that when re-medical request comes, it either means that final decision is only pending due to expiration of medical or if the application needs landing time.

I also saw another couple who got re-medical request and got ppr within a week of submission.

Now, my husband got his medical back in the 1st week of July 2018 when he applied for his students visa.
It is on the verge of expiry now..
So do you guys think, this could be one reason they would be bound to pick up my file?
I am the primary applicant and my medical expires in Nov 18.

Is there any rule like the dependents medical expiry is not a concern. Primary's medical is the priority??
Also he has already entered Canada back in April last week, so even if it expires would they still need a new one? (because even inland applications are asked to do medical, but I have no idea if they need to redo when about to expire)

Anyone has any idea????

ZEDDZ

May 13, 2019
hello,

my AOR was on 27 November 2019 and I received this answer from Ottawa Office :

" Please note that your application is currently awaiting the review of an officer. Unfortunately, we can't tell you when the review will be done".

(review of an officer) : is that mean it is the last step ?

OjideK

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi All,
Can someone please help me with the contact number in order to check the status of my file.
Also if someone know what numbers to be pressed on the IVR.
It will be of great help!
Thanks in advance.
+16139444000

I would suggest you listen to the voice prompt to select the option you want. After providing your application number and the automated system reads out what you know online already, a voice prompt would tell you to select some numbers to listen again or select 0 to transfer you to an agent.

You should also know that likelyhood of you being transferred to an agent is slim and you may have to call again and go over the whole process again till you are placed on queue

Reactions: Upasana

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
Hey,
You file has been well picked up dear!!
Else Eligibility would not have been met and Info sharing completed.

181 days now, nothing started. just done with MEP.
This is what is known as file not being picked up..lol:D:D:D:D:D:D
Haha! Did you order notes? There are many people from Sept and Oct with their status as eligibility met. My eligibility was met on December 20, 2018 and there has been no update since then. My application is pretty straightforward and there are no red flags as per my notes dated May 22, 2019. I was really excited in January when I got to know that my eligibility had been met, and thought that I would get the PPR within a month as eligibility is the main hurdle. Here I am at 206 days and background check has not even started.

As much as I would like to think that the process is random, I really think that there is some criteria to prioritize applications. It could be the score, NOC, family size, or something else. I don't see any other reason for the delay in my application. We will obviously never know what the exact process is and I don't even expect more transparency from their end as immigration can have national security implications.

I just hope that all of us receive our PPR ASAP. I am sure that many here, including me, have a lot riding on this decision. Wish you all the best!!!