+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
How do you know you are in ip2 if you do not mind me asking. I have a similar AOR as you, medicals passed december 2, and I only received one ghost update since then.

Cheers.
IP1 background check is not started.
IP2 background check is being processed.

The change from 1 to 2 seem to happen for outland applicants. Most of inlands (I am just guesstimating since I am an inland) get IP2 right away. I have also seen cases going IP2>>IP1>>IP2.

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016

The change from 1 to 2 seem to happen for outland applicants. Most of inlands (I am just guesstimating since I am an inland) get IP2 right away. I have also seen cases going IP2>>IP1>>IP2.
Yeah I am CEC Inland, Background Check has been in processing since medicals passed. I did apply for a BOWP the same day and it has been also processing for 63 days now. My current WP is up January 24 and am hoping that my BOWP gets approved before that. I hope I passed r10 by now...

Awaismoneeb

Jan 6, 2018
Here is the link if anybody wants to join.
https:// chat. whats app.com /EATWgVpj C0NF2JKoN QiHeM

Remove six spaces in the link and join.

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I am trying to understand in which stage my application is. is it in IP2? as my background check says - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. It doesn't say not started, or something else.

this is what I have in my account:
Application/profile details
Application step Current status
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks for all who can clarify this.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am trying to understand in which stage my application is. is it in IP2? as my background check says - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. It doesn't say not started, or something else.

this is what I have in my account:
Application/profile details
Application step Current status
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks for all who can clarify this.
yes, the background check being processed means IP2. However some people seem to have it right from the beginning so make of that what you will.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

wrong guesstimating :p

I am FSW-inland. And my BGC was N/A in the beginning and changed with MEP. When i last checked over the weekend it was saying we will send you a message when we start your background check.(which is what it had turned to when i got MEP).

But FSW-inland is the slowest of the lot so it might be different for fsw-inland

I am abstaining from checking my profile for at least 5 business days. The addiction is so strong that i check it multiple times a day. I have succeeded in not checking it for 2 days now. 3 more to go for my target :p

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
yes, the background check being processed means IP2. However some people seem to have it right from the beginning so make of that what you will.
I see... I am just trying to understand what is going on with my application, as it seems most people around my AOR date and even later already passed their meds. It seems odd that I am in IP2 without meds passed, so I was wandering if there is an issue or a problem.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I see... I am just trying to understand what is going on with my application, as it seems most people around my AOR date and even later already passed their meds. It seems odd that I am in IP2 without meds passed, so I was wandering if there is an issue or a problem.
I have read of people getting their meds passed close to 90 days as well. So it is not unheard of. It is hard to predict why certain applications take longer.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Maybe they have a problem and R10 takes longer.
R10 and Medicals are separate. They just happen to to be completed at the same time

Sdk2317

Dec 11, 2018
AOR 17th November
MEP 20th december
Background check is not started since then and it is mentioned that we will send you a message once we start it. But on 4th janJanu I got an update that said HOW TO FIND A JOB IN CANADA.
Is it any relevant? Trying to indicate something?