+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
Is there anyone whose have had MEP and BG check not yet started? Specifically like this?
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Help - Review of eligibility

You passed the medical exam.

Help - Review of medical results

We do not need additional documents.

Help - Review of additional documents

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Help - Interview

We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Help - Biometrics

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Help - Background check

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been mad

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Is there anyone whose have had MEP and BG check not yet started? Specifically like this?

Help - Interview

Help - Biometrics

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Help - Background check

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been mad
Majority of the population have this status for months. So no need to worry. It's so called IP1 which can remain in same status for 2 to 4 months.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
My brother received same email too as follows:

On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application.
I received the same email now. This maybe a good thing at it will provide us with an estimation when we can expect the golden email :)

Ashoksinp1

May 27, 2018
Hello all,

AOR: nov 18

Today i received email stating that express entry application status has have some issues so, cant show exact status of our application. And, email also notify that they will fix all issues from dec.12 and they will also add other status column that will clarify our file status in near future as well.
No need to worry now.

Dotosy

Oct 3, 2018
AOR Received.
30th November 2018
My brother received same email too as follows:

On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application.
I got same email

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Hi all,

Received AOR on 19th NOV

I too got an email , but don't have high hopes on the status bar to provide the exact status considering how inefficient the entire process is .
Anyway will wait and watch . Hope they make it application specific and not display a generic message just to avoid individual query

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Help - Interview

Help - Biometrics

Help - Background check

I have the same status. Except for Additional documents it says "we are reviewing your additional documents"

This is IP1 stage and should stay like this for a few months

tony789456

Jun 16, 2017
Hi Guys, My AOR is Nov 2. Biometrics request letter (Dec 1st) only received for wife/dependant but not for me. I have raised a CSE, yet to receive a response. I'm thinking of emailing them again as they haven't responded in a week. Should I be concerned?

I got a request to Upload IMM5475 (nominated my spouse) and the last date was Dec 7. I sent CIC via CSE Email as that was the only way I knew. Today, I logged in and saw "Replacement Overdue' (Required by Dec. 7 - Yesterday) under 'Documents submitted by the client'. Am I in trouble? Should I call CIC? If so, what's their Number? I have uploaded the document there as well.

Application Steps/Current Status

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also, could someone please add me to the Whatsapp group, my number: +45 53105922. Thanks!

My application has already been canceled as incomplete once and I lost 5 points (now CRS at 450) due to a stupid PCC that I had but did not upload. They did not even ask (although I had given them 4 PCCs already) and just canceled without warning - hence the apprehension if everything is on track this time.

Appreciate the time!!

Last edited:

Gbemi18

Dec 8, 2018
Got an email saying that my application is updated. However medical check tab says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". So medical is not passed yet.

The BG check says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Bit confused about the status of my application. AOR was on November 5th and most people applied on that date have already passed the medicals.
Im in the Same situation as you brother..november 5th.the update was for my uci number that changed from CAN to a 10digit number..no mep passed

Reactions: Max_Rimon

tony789456

Jun 16, 2017
Bump................ :confused:

Hi Guys, My AOR is Nov 2. Biometrics request letter (Dec 1st) only received for wife/dependant but not for me. I have raised a CSE, yet to receive a response. I'm thinking of emailing them again as they haven't responded in a week. Should I be concerned?

I got a request to Upload IMM5475 (nominated my spouse) and the last date was Dec 7. I sent CIC via CSE Email as that was the only way I knew. Today, I logged in and saw "Replacement Overdue' (Required by Dec. 7 - Yesterday) under 'Documents submitted by the client'. Am I in trouble? Should I call CIC? If so, what's their Number? I have uploaded the document there as well.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also, could someone please add me to the Whatsapp group, my number: +45 53105922. Thanks!

My application has already been canceled as incomplete once and I lost 5 points (now CRS at 450) due to a stupid PCC that I had but did not upload. They did not even ask (although I had given them 4 PCCs already) and just canceled without warning - hence the apprehension if everything is on track this time.

Appreciate the time!!

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Bump................ :confused:

Appreciate the time!!
ugh, sorry to hear of your past experience man.

I think you should be fine if you uploaded it within the required time. They also get the date when you uploaded the document so i believe you should be ok.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
so I got this weird email from IRCC which says the following

"On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times. We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application."

I was like, what crap. What was this, i would have preferred an update to my profile. Still went ahead and checked.

Looks like I got an update for the medicals (didn't receive an update on my email for the meds). Additionally, I got my application UCI updated from CAN00000XXXXXXXX to the one I had when I had applied for my student permit.

They also updated my biometrics information by plucking out the information of my student permit and putting it on my profile and giving it an expiry date ten years from the date i gave my biometrics. Funnily enough the status still shows you don't need biometrics.

I am FSW-inland applicant and now the profile shows this

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Wasn't expecting anything today and had just gone online to check something in my profile when I saw that there has been an update to my profile (so, a ghost update).

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So my BGC went from NA to we will send you a message when we start your background check.

jaySil

Nov 30, 2018
Im in the Same situation as you brother..november 5th.the update was for my uci number that changed from CAN to a 10digit number..no mep passed
Looks like the status changes in our applications are different than the others.

Pak 7625

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Hey all my AOR is 7th nov, MEP 7th Dec and biometrics requested on 7th dec. My background check has been “We are ltocessing your background check......” ((The IP2 statement) since day 1. Even after MEP. How is this possible tht I went directly into IP2

Getitnow

Dec 7, 2018
Hey all my AOR is 7th nov, MEP 7th Dec and biometrics requested on 7th dec. My background check has been “We are ltocessing your background check......” ((The IP2 statement) since day 1. Even after MEP. How is this possible tht I went directly into IP2
Which stream?