+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I moved to Singapore on Jan 26,2018. Before moving I lived in USA for 5 years. During that stay I travelled singapore twice during March 2017 and November 2017 just for vacation. But pcc submitted dated from Jan 26, 2018 to October 11.
So should I get a PCC from March 2017 to till date?
Your vacation period doesn't count. You only need to provide PCC from a country if you had stayed there for 6 months continuously. So in your case it is correct that you got certificate from January 2018.

ankit1703

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
N.A. for NDVO
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
File Transfer...
18-08-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting for Dream Come true
Hi Guys

Can you please add +16477726984 for Nov AOR WhatsApp group

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
I moved to Singapore on Jan 26,2018. Before moving I lived in USA for 5 years. During that stay I travelled singapore twice during March 2017 and November 2017 just for vacation. But pcc submitted dated from Jan 26, 2018 to October 11.
Could be because how you may have mentioned your travel history. While mentioning your leisure Singapore visits, what was the base country used? Probably they are using your Nov’2017 visit to Singapore as first day and US visit as a vacation one. Evaluate the travel history..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Your vacation period doesn't count. You only need to provide PCC from a country if you had stayed there for 6 months continuously. So in your case it is correct that you got certificate from January 2018.
That's not correct.
The time spent does not have to be continuously 6 months. Any number of days split over the years which totals to 6 months or more requires PCC.

If the PCC is issued on current date, i suppose it should cover the whole last period of many years, isn't that so?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
That's not correct.
The time spent does not have to be continuously 6 months. Any number of days split over the years which totals to 6 months or more requires PCC.

If the PCC is issued on current date, i suppose it should cover the whole last period of many years, isn't that so?
CIC website says they will ask for police certificate if the stay is 6 months in a row.

Example provided;
Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application.

I believe his case is similar.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Reactions: wasifbd

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
CIC website says they will ask for police certificate if the stay is 6 months in a row.

Example provided;
Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application.

I believe his case is similar.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
I agree.
I think its a new information which might have recently been updated where they ask for pcc for 6 months or more in a row.

The page was updated on
Date modified:2018-10-18

I remember seeing cic website in the past where it mentioned that if the person has multiple stays in a country and if that totals to 6 months or more then cic may need police clearance certificate

As the website currently states that CIC may ask for PCC thus its always best to get PCC regardless of CIC asks for it or not.

Reactions: SithLord

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Usually, when PCC is issued, there is no FROM and TO date.
My brother got PCC from USA and India and it does not state FROM and TO date however these PCC's were recently issued in September which is within past 6 months timeframe.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Usually, when PCC is issued, there is no FROM and TO date.
My brother got PCC from USA and India and it does not state FROM and TO date however these PCC's were recently issued in September which is within past 6 months timeframe.
Even my Indian and UK PCC doesn't say have a FROM and TO date.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
so I got this weird email from IRCC which says the following

"On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times. We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application."

I was like, what crap. What was this, i would have preferred an update to my profile. Still went ahead and checked.

Looks like I got an update for the medicals (didn't receive an update on my email for the meds). Additionally, I got my application UCI updated from CAN00000XXXXXXXX to the one I had when I had applied for my student permit.

They also updated my biometrics information by plucking out the information of my student permit and putting it on my profile and giving it an expiry date ten years from the date i gave my biometrics. Funnily enough the status still shows you don't need biometrics.

I am FSW-inland applicant and now the profile shows this

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
so I got this weird email from IRCC which says the following

"On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times. We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application."

I was like, what crap. What was this, i would have preferred an update to my profile. Still went ahead and checked.

Looks like I got an update for the medicals (didn't receive an update on my email for the meds). Additionally, I got my application UCI updated from CAN00000XXXXXXXX to the one I had when I had applied for my student update.

They also updated my biometrics information by plucking out the information of my student permit and putting it on my profile and giving it an expiry date ten years from the date i gave my biometrics. Funnily enough the status still shows you don't need biometrics.

I am FSW-inland applicant and now the profile shows this

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My brother received same email too as follows:

On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application.

Last edited:

jaySil

Nov 30, 2018
Got an email saying that my application is updated. However medical check tab says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". So medical is not passed yet.

The BG check says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Bit confused about the status of my application. AOR was on November 5th and most people applied on that date have already passed the medicals.

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
That's not correct.

This was earlier rule - n
Got an email saying that my application is updated. However medical check tab says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". So medical is not passed yet.

The BG check says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Bit confused about the status of my application. AOR was on November 5th and most people applied on that date have already passed the medicals.
in my case - the meds showing passed, but Background Check shows - Your application is in progress. We will let you know when we start your background check. My is AOR 4-Nov MEP 6-Dec