+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

He1g@

Nov 15, 2016
Eligibility met and Eligibility recommended passed are the same. Sydney uses the former term and Ottawa uses the latter when an agent reviews the eligibility. But Eligibility passed is different from the above. Eligibility passed is used when the officer finally approves.
Oh, wait... Ottawa is secondary office, primary is “Centralized intake office” which I think is Sidney, right?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Has your background check started?or is it still the same message?as her’s is in progress means it has changed
Nope. It has been same as it was on December 4.

ADR still says "We are reviewing your additional documents received"
BG "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when background check starts"

The ADR status is strange, almost 3 months and it still says the same thing. I expected it to be changed to "We do not require additional documents" by now.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I phoned a couple of weeks ago and criminality was in progress, eligibility and security had not started.
No updates either from MEP. I get the impression from the Calgary VO forum that it takes the full 6 months ot longer.
Inland CEC applicant :) what about you?
CEC is usually faster than FSW-O applicants so you guys will probably get it before I do.

But I heard Calgary VO is slow

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I got a personal reflection.

Before I joined this forum, I would just submit applications and forget about them. I remember I would get ghost updates and would be a bit confused, but never really paid much attention. I would just get the permits on the mail and that would be the end of it. I remember my PGWP took 7-8 months because of a strike, even then I could care less because I was working under implied status. Even now, I will pretty much keep doing the same things even if I get the PR. Of course, I understand that this is much more serious than permits, but still I feel that it's just not healthy to be obsessed like this.

Another thing is when my friend stopped smoking based on some book, the trick was not to count the days. And here we are counting every day, being depressed from others' applications advancing etc.

The moral of the story is I gotta move on. It comes when it comes, they have my email if they need me. Now I gotta find a way to blacklist this forum and immitracker everywhere..

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
Ok, I noticed one little problem - there is no date on our letter from employer that explains all the duties etc. It is written on a letter head paper. I guess the boss just forgot about that and we didn’t notice.
Should we raise a cse about that since the officer mentioned it in his notes?
We can ask for another letter from the employer
He1g@ - I also have same issues, my ref letters are undated. What exactly did the agent mentioned on your notes concerning this? Do you mind sharing?

Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Hi,

I am 19th a November AOR, and my application is being processed at Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Anyone else in the same boat? And info as how is the processing at this location?