+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Kashveer

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
My classmate who has the exact same NOC as me, lived in the town nearby and who submitted his profile 2 weeks before me, got his PPR in 4 months straight from CIO Sydney. My PPR took 8.5 months with the file being transferred from CIO to Montreal.

I don't think there is any prioritization based on NOC. I think that they put files aside if they wait for a 3rd party information, after this information becomes available, they put the file in the queue but this queue also consists of applications for all kinds of visas. If you are lucky then your queue will be short, if you are unlucky then your line will be long and you might need to wait more. Also I believe that our files go through a lot of lines throughout the process.

Immigration is not a top priority for the government. There are much more urgent visas than ours - visitor visa and student visa are just 2 examples.
Absolutely correct. I completely agree with what you say.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Logically speaking, one will only receive a remedical request if their application has been finalised and a positive decision has been made. For example, my medical expires in less than a month but I have not received such a request. I am still in IP1. So I don't think that expiry of medical triggers the PPR, but the other way round.

So basically if one has received a remedical request, it is a good indication that a positive decision has been made. Why else would IRCC ask the candidate to take the medical test again, if there is a chance that they may not reach a positive decision.
My file had no movement until close to medical expiration - almost one year - a lot of candidates close to 80% waiting on movement after file has been idle because of RR or no other specific reason got file movement close to medical expiration - just a heads up ..

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
My file had no movement until close to medical expiration - almost one year - a lot of candidates close to 80% waiting on movement after file has been idle because of RR or no other specific reason got file movement close to medical expiration - just a heads up ..
I understand that many people are seeing some movement close to the medical expiry date, which is usually close to the 1 year mark, but that may just be a coincidence as IRCC is trying to clear the backlog. There are many people who have not seen any movement even after medical expiry.

If we go by the logic of medical triggering PPR, then the people who did not receive a remedical request close to the expiry will be basically stuck for eternity. I don't know what triggers the PPR, or if there is a trigger at all. But, medical expiry triggering the PPR does not seem like a plausible explanation.

Many files are untouched after meeting eligibility almost a year ago, so the files are definitely being prioritized based on some criteria unknown to us. I guess the file will only be picked up once we come ahead in the queue defined by the criteria. For people who are in RR, I am sure that there is separate queue. For people in SS, IRCC is probably waiting for security to finish by the CBSA.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I understand that many people are seeing some movement close to the medical expiry date, which is usually close to the 1 year mark, but that may just be a coincidence as IRCC is trying to clear the backlog. There are many people who have not seen any movement even after medical expiry.

If we go by the logic of medical triggering PPR, then the people who did not receive a remedical request close to the expiry will be basically stuck for eternity. I don't know what triggers the PPR, or if there is a trigger at all. But, medical expiry triggering the PPR does not seem like a plausible explanation.

Many files are untouched after meeting eligibility almost a year ago, so the files are definitely being prioritized based on some criteria unknown to us. I guess the file will only be picked up once we come ahead in the queue defined by the criteria. For people who are in RR, I am sure that there is separate queue. For people in SS, IRCC is probably waiting for security to finish by the CBSA.
9 Months to 15 Months has generally been the trend for 99% of files to complete processing unless there is SS ..

Around 9-13 Months - files under RR wherein the candidate has sent in additional docs to support RR has seen remed or medical extension which surely is a sign the file processing is almost complete and medicals is the last step ..

Since there is no Stedfast Rule on how processing of files by ircc is carried out - we always look out for tell tale signs of process completion - Unfortunately 1 year which is when medicals usually expire has become a flag pole towards any movement for files that has been idle for months or has been on rr ..

So yeah - i agree

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
I am a silent reader and I applied for EE PNP Nov. 22, 2018.
MY case is complicated because i had applied for my PR through mpnp, but there was a RR for my work experience because i went on maternity leave 8months after work, but i was still employed.
I was going to use my work experience from back home for the one year experience, but my employer did not send me a letter, so i removed it from my points and used it as work experience instead.
After all of this confusion, i sent in a letter in September to cancel my application after 9months of waiting.
Then I was sent a re-medical request on the 17th of September.
I thought they were going to cancel my application or deny my PR????? Whats going on??
I just browsed through your previous posts, it seems like you are already in Canada. You can call IRCC directly and inquire about your case. This is the first time I read that someone inland got requested to repeat medicals.. The best thing you can do is CALL IRCC ASAP!

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Nov 14... Same situation...

i was wondering the same as well... I have no RR, SS or AOR... Absolute silence ...

how many are like this?
Where is your VO? Sydney has been on a roll recently..

Mom of 2 boys

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hey there everybody , I was wondering if medical extension is done before or after security checks are passed?? Does anybody know ?? I got medical extension after eligibility has been marked RR for whole 9 months & security wasn’t yet initiated so I just wonder if medical extension comes before or after security is cleared. I’am scared if security hasn’t yet started I would then be subject to SS after all this wait. Unfortunately, I don’t have any effective communication channels with IRCC to check my situation since they have disabled Outland calls ( textnow isn’t working in my country as well) even I emailed Ralph but they refused to give any feedback & asked me to write back on oct. 10th so I just raised a webform & you know of course that they may take now up to 10 days to reply & I can expect that the reply might be generic as usual. Don’t know what to do anymore to get some feedback about the recent movement, any insights??

BTW , based on my case I think medical request or extension depends on the officer’s discretion as I’m Outland & was given extension though.

Reactions: jumppluffww

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
Hey there everybody , I was wondering if medical extension is done before or after security checks are passed?? Does anybody know ?? I got medical extension after eligibility has been marked RR for whole 9 months & security wasn’t yet initiated so I just wonder if medical extension comes before or after security is cleared. I’am scared if security hasn’t yet started I would then be subject to SS after all this wait. Unfortunately, I don’t have any effective communication channels with IRCC to check my situation since they have disabled Outland calls ( textnow isn’t working in my country as well) even I emailed Ralph but they refused to give any feedback & asked me to write back on oct. 10th so I just raised a webform & you know of course that they may take now up to 10 days to reply & I can expect that the reply might be generic as usual. Don’t know what to do anymore to get some feedback about the recent movement, any insights??

BTW , based on my case I think medical request or extension depends on the officer’s discretion as I’m Outland & was given extension though.
Logically, it should be after all stages have been passed, including security. Let's hope that you get the PPR mail soon.

Mom of 2 boys

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Logically, it should be after all stages have been passed, including security. Let's hope that you get the PPR mail soon.
I hope so & I hope everyone suffering this tornamenting wait would get their PPRs soon as well. I agree with u that logically medical extension should come right before PPR but since there is no logic that governs these people, I’m somehow skeptic & anxious so I was hoping if anyone could give me a confirmed answer, I tried to search this forum , couldn’t find something as a crystal clear answer though the cases I traced got PPR after medical decision is finalized within 4 days to 2 weeks. I hope this week , I would either hear from IRCC or get a feedback at least . Thank u for ur reply :D

Anmol Gupta

Jan 12, 2019
Hi,

I have a query regarding soft landing. I have half of my POF as Fixed deposits and half in my bank account. So while soft landing, can I show the same FDs or do I need to liquidate them??

Kashveer

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
How did you find out that you are undesr ss
In my GCMS notes, few pages have S.15 written on top right corner and security is blank.
Rest all done. In this forum many said I am in SS. Have applied for CBSA notes, will get more information on the same.
How about you?