+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

gurpreetkaur_21

Sep 10, 2017
As per Kubeir Sir, current avg processing time is between 5-8 months. We have to be patient. Till then #foreverhopeful that PPR email will come soon

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for the Biometrics step to be updated to complete once you have submitted them ? Also, is this any indication as to where you are in the process or merely the next step once your medical is passed ? Currently IP2 for background check which changed once I passed my medical.
some people have it updated immediately, some in a few weeks, I am still waiting.. did it about a week ago. The VAC in my country said to contact the embassy, embassy says that they have my biometrics on file. It still didn't changed to "completed" in my profile tho..

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
It's been 10 days since I gave my biometrics and it still doesn't appear as completed on my profile, so I've filled the web form and the agent said everything looks fine with my account and it is being processed. I thing some agents do not bother with updating the accounts they work on. It is entirely possible that we will not see any changes on our accounts before getting PPR.
Yeah, I have been waiting for about a week, and it still not "completed" altogh the number is seen in my application. Raised a CSE, but no reply yet. Did you raise a technical inquiry or a regular CSE?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am loving the positivity on this forum.

Now if I can just get some hypnotherapy to get over my addiction of checking my profile 10 times a day

Last edited:
Reactions: Inabt

Ceppiman

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Yeah, I have been waiting for about a week, and it still not "completed" altogh the number is seen in my application. Raised a CSE, but no reply yet. Did you raise a technical inquiry or a regular CSE?
Technical CSE, they simply told me everything looks fine and nothing else. It's still not completed

Last edited:

Inabt

Jul 19, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Rome
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
01/11/2018
Passport Req..
01-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
14-10-2019
I am loving the positivity on this yhrthr.

Now if I can just get some hyonothhypno to get over my addiction of checking my profile 10 times a day
if you find the solution to that please let me know o_O:p

Reactions: smash1984

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
FSW - outland
Nov 14 - Documents submitted/uploaded.
Dec 14 - Passed the medical exam.
Jan 22 - We are processing your background check.

No email received.

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I am in the same boat too. AoR Nov 14. MeP DeC 14. Eligibility is in process. Background check : Your application is in process. No updates so far.
It sucks to not know anything where your application is at. Everyday I keep checking my account for any updates but same old story. I am in long queue when I call CIC as well so I have just given up on this nightmare.

Just focussing on other things now to put my mind away from this frustration.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
We all in the same boat. I would really like ton know whether I have passed eligibility or not.

But in the same time, you should not be depressed about it! You have already done so much do change you life so this small period is nothing. You passed IELTS, you got experience, you made an affort to change something and now what is left is waiting. If to think about it, it is not the hardest part of the whole process.

Personnaly for me it was IELTS and doing translations because my translator was so awful that I had to do his job for him.

In the end, waiting is painful but it is the last step before your goal. Sometimes a road to it is worth a prize!
This is so true!!

I have literally put every ounce of my energy into this and getting the ITA was like a dream so now the hardest part is walking the road with no idea when your destination arrives :(

Reactions: Inabt

subbu790

Oct 2, 2018
FSW - outland
Nov 15 - AOR
Dec 17 - Passed the medical exam.
received an email saying that profile has been updated.
Also received a message 'How to find a Job in Canada' , is this any positive indication or a general message?

Ceppiman

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
FSW - outland
Nov 15 - AOR
Dec 17 - Passed the medical exam.
received an email saying that profile has been updated.
Also received a message 'How to find a Job in Canada' , is this any positive indication or a general message?
It may have been a late mail informing you about the IP2, but either case, it is a positive indication

steoneill

Feb 28, 2017
If your Background Check goes to IP2, does this have any reflection on whether eligibility has been met or do they both happen concurrently ?