+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Just received another response from Ottawa VO - file in queue for review by officer.

Been receiving this same response since May 9.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm feeling the same... I would at least like to know why this delay... I've applied for a study permit beginning of June because I didn't trust them to finish my PR application by September, but even that is delayed, 11 weeks and no news at all
Even I asked the reason for the delay during the last call with the agent but all I got was "administrative delay".

We should be prepared for the worse. Good chance we will be here in 2020. I thought I will celebrate 2020 new year in Canada, guess it will be 2021.

Ojans19

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
That pretty much killed all hopes now. There is just no way for us to trigger our applications. Who knows when they will send us remedial request. It could be next year considering they're already planning on taking winter break in December.

They even refused my withdrawal request, so now I can't even send a new application. There is just no end to this nightmare.
You tried to Withdraw your application??
Can you please tell us more about it

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Even I asked the reason for the delay during the last call with the agent but all I got was "administrative delay".

We should be prepared for the worse. Good chance we will be here in 2020. I thought I will celebrate 2020 new year in Canada, guess it will be 2021.
Atleast Now they admit there is a delay called "Administration Delay"..
And Sith - i pray you would see 2020 in Canada and not anywhere else..
I hope next 2 Months should clear as many files as possible ..
Ircc - do something to clear the administration delays

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
You tried to Withdraw your application??
Can you please tell us more about it
You will need to send them in writing, explaining your reason for withdrawal and include your full application details.

They will consider your request if your application is not in final stages and will refund the RPRF fees. It could take 2-3 weeks to complete the process but the refund it could take around 16 weeks.

uday453

May 6, 2019
I am Nov 4 AOR . Called CIC two weeks back and i came to know that i have passed all the stages and my medicals are requested to be extended from their end. So now i want to know how much time do they take to extend my medicals? . and how much time for a golden email? Can some one help me to know a timeline for this please.

amans39

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Similar aor and bg check. Just waiting.
Is ur eligibility met or rr or wat?
I actually don't know since I did not order GCMS notes. The last time I called, the agent told me that the decision on eligibility is not made and the same is reflected on myCIC account.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
I am Nov 4 AOR . Called CIC two weeks back and i came to know that i have passed all the stages and my medicals are requested to be extended from their end. So now i want to know how much time do they take to extend my medicals? . and how much time for a golden email? Can some one help me to know a timeline for this please.
if everything is passed, then maybe your golden email is on its way, just on the horizon.

I mentioned this earlier, repeating again, in past some cases, call center guys told applicants, that they are pending for final review, means, everything passed, but a decision is to be made by some senior, final decision.

an another case, decision made, but email will be sent shortly

in both cases, they can take a day, to a month - so at the end, it is your luck.

godbless, and godspeed, waiting from past 8 or 9 months.

Reactions: uday453 and kzeed12

Yatin62441

Aug 14, 2019
Just received another response from Ottawa VO - file in queue for review by officer.

Been receiving this same response since May 9.
Hello Sithlord!!
I was a silent reader till now!! Yesterday my file got rejected because of wrong NOC code i guess!! So what should i do?

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hello Sithlord!!
I was a silent reader till now!! Yesterday my file got rejected because of wrong NOC code i guess!! So what should i do?
did you know you were under Review Required for noc mismatch?? did you order GCMS notes.. just a suggestion - try raising a webform explaining your situation with mismatch - call ircc and talk to an agent regarding the same - i hope you will be able to convince them to reopen your file

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Can anyone answer it ....... Are the cases at ip2 stage takes more time to get the ppr than the cases at ip1 stage?
@Sabisingh1016 it is hard to understand how ircc works .. each case is different and it is not possible to derive a timeline with regards to ip1 and ip2..
If you know any info on Eligibility, Security, Criminality and Medicals - these are good indicators regarding the status of an application - if Eligibility passed - huge hurdle overcome - Medicals and Criminality doesnt take long for ircc - Security is the next stage which could go from one week to 6+ Months ..
So if you know about the four elements of processing - should give you a fair idea on your status