+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Even I want to know this. This way if there is a remed request then they will already have my result. Medical in India is not very expensive so there is no harm in taking it.
Since morning I've been digging hard on this but can't seem to find anything. I'm not sure if this is same as doing upfront medicals or you need to fill some new form

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
@SithLord it is crazy to see people in 2019 March- May saying that they got PPR with so much ease like "Hey i got ppr - thanks everyone"" - and i am like - you do not know what you got and how easy it was when people in 2018 are waiting so anxiously and eagerly for this Email :D...
Every PPR Email from 2018 candidates is like BINGO and everyone gets excited each time someone gets a PPR whereas in 2019 it is just another person getting PPR :) o_O

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I asked that a while back and no one replied... I'm seriously considering that since there's only a bit over a month until my meds expire.

btw, the only ghost update I got was 2 weeks over I proactively sent my husband's military service form
Even I am seriously considering this now as it doesn't look like my case will be picked up anytime soon. I'm definitely going to be stuck here for 1 year. or maybe more.

submitting a new medical form might be the only shot for them to look at my case.

Only thing I've managed to find so far is that they will not refuse your case if you re-take medicals before they request you to take it.

Reactions: zafontana

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
@SithLord it is crazy to see people in 2019 March- May saying that they got PPR with so much ease like "Hey i got ppr - thanks everyone"" - and i am like - you do not know what you got and how easy it was when people in 2018 are waiting so anxiously and eagerly for this Email :D...
Every PPR Email from 2018 candidates is like BINGO and everyone gets excited each time someone gets a PPR whereas in 2019 it is just another person getting PPR :) o_O
Yes, I have noticed that too. Most of them are panicking before even completing 6 months because others got it in 4-5 months :confused:

I have also noticed applicants from post February 2019 are getting PPR at a very fast rate. All call centre agents I talked to have said 8 months is the normal processing time because they have received so many applications. Honestly, no clue how the backlogs have not affected them. It's very strange how slow 2018 applications are being processed compared to 2019.

It will be funny if November 2019 cases get PPR before us :D:D:D

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
Even I am seriously considering this now as it doesn't look like my case will be picked up anytime soon. I'm definitely going to be stuck here for 1 year. or maybe more.

submitting a new medical form might be the only shot for them to look at my case.

Only thing I've managed to find so far is that they will not refuse your case if you re-take medicals before they request you to take it.
if both of us do this and both the our pprs, than it would definitely be a trend! :p

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I have also noticed applicants from post February 2019 are getting PPR at a very fast rate. All call centre agents I talked to have said 8 months is the normal processing time because they have received so many applications. Honestly, no clue how the backlogs have not affected them. It's very strange how slow 2018 applications are being processed compared to 2019.
Because the Express Entry system replaced the old system, which was based on FIFO (first - in, first - out)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
if both of us do this and both the our pprs, than it would definitely be a trend! :p
I'm going to wait till August 29th as that's my new due date. if nothing comes up I am just going to take my medical exam. Worse thing that could happen is they will be upset I retook medicals before they requested for it. Well, I waited 10 freaking months for them to look at my case.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Yes, I have noticed that too. Most of them are panicking before even completing 6 months because others got it in 4-5 months :confused:

It will be funny if November 2019 cases get PPR before us :D:D:D
@SithLord It seems like as far as i know - 2018 was a year where they gave out too many ITA's - beyond what their system can handle - which could explain the volume of backlogs..
Around Jan- Feb 2019 - they started streamlining their processing - started regulating CRS scores and ITA's given out ..
So volume of applicants in 2019 has reduced compared to 2018 - hence increase in % of PPR's given out to meet their 80%threshold..

There are applicants who supposedly fall over the 80% in 2019 (i do not believe they meet 80% every month- maybe 60%+) whose application has not even started getting processed..
It is a balance between clearing backlogs from 2018 &2017 for them while getting as many PPR's for 2019 ..

For every PPR for 2018 - looks like atleast 10-15 PPR's are given out for 2019(not precise - just an assumption by the way it looks)..
The Good news is THEY HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN 2018 BACKLOG FILES altogether..
Everytime someone from 2018 gets PPR - i feel happy and glad that there is still movement..
As days gets closer to Med Exp (1 yr) - there is hope ..

Lets pray - all the 2017(there are still some) and ALL 2018 FILES gets cleared in next 2-3 Months and not beyond that :)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So I just found out you cannot take your second medical exam without a request from CIC.

Unlike upfront medical exam where you can just walk in to the hospital and get your exam done, to re-take medicals you will need to submit 'IMM 1017E'. This form is not available anywhere for download and will only be provided by CIC when they send you a medical request.

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
So I just found out you cannot take your second medical exam without a request from CIC.

Unlike upfront medical exam where you can just walk in to the hospital and get your exam done, to re-take medicals you will need to submit 'IMM 1017E'. This form is not available anywhere for download and will only be provided by CIC when they send you a medical request.
And there goes our hopes... even my GCMS notes are delayed now, should have received them yesterday

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
And there goes our hopes... even my GCMS notes are delayed now, should have received them yesterday
That pretty much killed all hopes now. There is just no way for us to trigger our applications. Who knows when they will send us remedial request. It could be next year considering they're already planning on taking winter break in December.

They even refused my withdrawal request, so now I can't even send a new application. There is just no end to this nightmare.

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
That pretty much killed all hopes now. There is just no way for us to trigger our applications. Who knows when they will send us remedial request. It could be next year considering they're already planning on taking winter break in December.

They even refused my withdrawal request, so now I can't even send a new application. There is just no end to this nightmare.
I'm feeling the same... I would at least like to know why this delay... I've applied for a study permit beginning of June because I didn't trust them to finish my PR application by September, but even that is delayed, 11 weeks and no news at all

Reactions: SithLord