+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

balateen

Aug 12, 2015
Nigeria,Lagos
This is very good detailed explanation.

Copied from another thread - might be helpful for some :
“I Applied my GCMS notes just a week before my PPR is issued and got it in exactly 30 days. I was fortunate to see the whole detailed process of my complete application to the PPR since the notes was generated on the same day that they issued my PPR. I would share my analysis on how they process CEC applications.

Long words short, I think that they have 3 validation stages through the process:

0. The start of everything is medical pass. This triggers multiple processes to start including but not limited to criminality check. (29 days after the time you take your exam)

1. Program Assistant Review (10 days after medical pass)

a. This role does a very rough check on your files after your medical passes. (maybe this is R10)

2. Case Analyst Review (30 days after the Program Assistant Review)

a. To me this is the real and most important role that may send out procedural fairness letter (or the procedural fairness letter is sent by the immigration officer who knows..)

b. This role runs a thorough validation on your files and write a detailed report on what he/she find and submit the report to the immigration officer

c. This person also makes a rough decision of your eligibility A11.2 such as “Recommend Pass”

d. This person’s notes are long and are in details.

3. Immigration Officer Review (24 days after the Case Analyst Review)

a. The immigration officer makes the final decision based on the report gathered by the case analyst.

b. This role determines whether he/she is satisfied with your eligibility A11.2 and makes a final decision right after you pass A11.2.

c. Though this role’s notes are very short, according to the processing time during this stage, this role may also do a thorough validation on your files.

4. PPR send out (6 days after the Immigration Officer Review)

Details:

Day 16: Files transferred from Centralized Intake Office to CPC Vegreville

Day 28: Medical Passed. Criminality In Progress. RCMP submitted and passed on the same day. US Partner Biographic check submitted and passed on the same day.

Day 29: Files transferred from CPC Vegreville to CPC Ottawa

Day 38: Program Assistant Review - Candidate Eligibility at CPC Vegreville

Score met, Fees Paid, Med passed, R10 Passed, English Test Met (This is the earliest time I see the keyword R10 appears in the notes)

PCC Pass, RCMP Pass, Criminality – Recommend Pass

Day 56: My first GCMS note generated (I guess that the visa officer can see this message in their system)

Day 58: Biographic shared with the USA returned as Passed. (should be passed on 29th?! but they updated this field on this day)

Day 68: Case Analyst Review - Class Eligibility(CEC) at CPC Ottawa

Reviewed everything that Program Assistant reviewed and

CRS Score Summary, Current status in Canada, Marital status, Medical Validity, Passport Validity, Work experience

A11.2 Recommend Pass

[To me, Case Analyst is the real person that does thorough validation of your application documents including researching your work experience through web-based search, calculating your work period in detail, confirming your annual salary, job description/NOC, full-time/part-time job type, employment letter, as well as validating your paystubs]

Day 92: Criminality Passed

Day 92: Officer Review – Eligibility at CPC Ottawa

Reviewed everything that Case Analyst reviewed and

Satisfied with the application without any concerns. Eligibility Pass - A11.2 Pass

[The officer is the real big CROWN guy who takes the detailed report from the case analyst, reviews the report and determines whether this application is okay or not. The officer will approve your application right after A11.2 passes. In my case, the final decision was made in 2 minutes after A11.2 passed.]

Day 92: Security is only mentioned here as not started through the whole GCMS note. No further details. It’s either withheld by them or never started…

Day 92: Final decision made, application approved. (This approval only shows in the GCMS notes)

Day 98: Ready For Visa email sent (This is PPR)

Day 98: Group Number Assigned (from other’s GCMS notes showing they seem to process Passport in batches/groups)

Day 99: (Digital) COPR Saved to The System and queued for printing

Day 99: (Digital) Counterfoil Saved to The System and queued for printing

I have never had a chance to dig into “Security” check as the GCMS notes did not mention anything.”

Copied

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
I have a doubt ,my AOR is 24th November,MEP-3rd january,background status is still the same that we will send a message once we start the check.On 15th Jan I got an ADR that was in relation to POF,submitted the letter and ADR is now Not Applicable the same day I got a message about how to find a job in Canada.
Now the thing is am very confused which stage am in as my BG status is still the same.:D

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
I'm Dec 6 AoR. Sorry for posting here but I was confused with few things..

On 16 Jan - my application was updated and medical status was changed to Passed

On 17 Jan - again application was updated and background status changed to -- We will send you a message once we start checking..

I didn't get email for any of above updates..

Now the questions are:

1 Am in IP1 phase ?
2 Doesn't background check start after medical is passed ?
3 Is there any timeframe when background start based on previous experience ?

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
I'm Dec 6 AoR. Sorry for posting here but I was confused with few things..

On 16 Jan - my application was updated and medical status was changed to Passed

On 17 Jan - again application was updated and background status changed to -- We will send you a message once we start checking..

I didn't get email for any of above updates..

Now the questions are:

1 Am in IP1 phase ?
2 Doesn't background check start after medical is passed ?
3 Is there any timeframe when background start based on previous experience ?
Yes you are in IP1 as of now.

Reactions: vinay16

Inabt

Jul 19, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Rome
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
01/11/2018
Passport Req..
01-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
14-10-2019
Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi All,

I just moved to the IP2 stage today.

Aor : Nov 12th 2018
Mep passed : Dec 12th 2018
IP1 : Dec 13th 2018
IP2 : Jan 18th 2019
FSW - O : Single

I wanted to know at which stage would the eligibility checks be done ? (IP1 or IP2)

Thanks,

Best,
Vishnu
Congrats

Reactions: cvish92

mkandadai

Sep 7, 2017
Hi all,
I submitted my express entry documentation on 17th of November. I got a message saying medical exam passed on 21st of December. Any idea when the bg process will be processed ?
Also how much time will it take for PPR request.

Thanks in advance.

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
So the change was that your background check status changes from we will send a message once we start to it’s in process?Right?
Nope. My previous status was IP1 : Your application is in process. It changed directly to IP2 : Background check is in progress.

I did receive a PDF from CIC stating ways to search for a job in Canada. That's probably why I got an update in my emails.

Thanks,
Vishnu

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I have a doubt ,my AOR is 24th November,MEP-3rd january,background status is still the same that we will send a message once we start the check.On 15th Jan I got an ADR that was in relation to POF,submitted the letter and ADR is now Not Applicable the same day I got a message about how to find a job in Canada.
Now the thing is am very confused which stage am in as my BG status is still the same.:D
From what I've heard, it really does not make too much sense to debug how the updates are made. Yes, we do move in stages but what really is checked in them (eg. IP1 and IP2) is a little blurry. Some people get PPRs immediately after IP2 and some stay in this stage for a long time.

Your best bet to knowing what's going on is if you request for GCMS notes. I have requested mine which should come in on the 27th tops. I will let you guys know what's going on behind the scenes hopefully and give you guys an insight :)

-Vishnu

Reactions: Shweta1289