+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**November 2017** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

lfindlay

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Background check changed to processing today, but they've asked for my partner to get a new passport as his now expires within 12 months (it didn't at the time we submitted application), and have also asked for a full license search for Victoria (Australia) as he lived there briefly.. hoping this doesn't delay things too much. And hoping it's a good sign that at least they're looking at the application and it's not just sitting in a pile....

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello,

It normal. SA: Decision made follows with an email, medical request to PA and PCC.
Order may vary. But you will get everything in 2 weeks max. (Thats what the current trend is)
In my case, i got SA email, then it was Decision made on ecas after 2-3 hours. and after 24 hours, PA got the email for Medical exam.
and request for PCC.

So yea, wait for one more week.
Good Luck!!

You're right, just got SA emailed now - finally, and also another email for AOR2 and that the app is staying at Mississauga

Reactions: HereforPR

Ykaz

Mar 4, 2018
Hi
It seems like we r i am an sponsor in the same boat as u mine was received on Nov 8th and pretty much everything is done medicals also they were sent from Mississauga cpc just 1 question what do u mean by aor2 does rhat means my wife the applicant uci no was created in Mississauga is that aor2 please reply ur help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi
It seems like we r i am an sponsor in the same boat as u mine was received on Nov 8th and pretty much everything is done medicals also they were sent from Mississauga cpc just 1 question what do u mean by aor2 does rhat means my wife the applicant uci no was created in Mississauga is that aor2 please reply ur help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
No, the AOR you received with UCI is AOR1. And everybody's UCI is created by CPC-Mississauga, not just your wife's. And all US applicants and a very few selected non US applicants, their cases will be processed by CPC-Mississauga. The majority of non US applicants'cases will be transferred to their local VO for processing. AOR2 is the email that sent by the local VO to inform you the application transfer.

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Congrats, for cases that processed by CPC-Mississauga, the current processing time is about 4 to 5 months, from the day CIC received your application.
That's so exciting I really hope that will be the timeline for ours. Do you know what they look at to determine whether the app stays there rather than sending it to the VO?

gnomer

Nov 17, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We got word on Feb 23rd that our case is being processed by CPC-Mississauga. Ours arrived in Mississauga on November 16th, 2017. I just checked today and the background check is in processing. Fingers crossed it continues to be a smooth process. Any estimates as to how long till completion of Background check and DM?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
That's so exciting I really hope that will be the timeline for ours. Do you know what they look at to determine whether the app stays there rather than sending it to the VO?
If you are not a US applicant and they selected your case to be processed by CPC-Mississauga, that means your case was qualified per OB570, which indicated your case was a very straight forward case, determined by initial review/assessment. There will be still possibility that CIC will transfer your case to local VO to do a further assessment, if they deemed so.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
We got word on Feb 23rd that our case is being processed by CPC-Mississauga. Ours arrived in Mississauga on November 16th, 2017. I just checked today and the background check is in processing. Fingers crossed it continues to be a smooth process. Any estimates as to how long till completion of Background check and DM?
If everything works out, the estimated time for you to get a DM of your case is around early to Mid. April.

Ykaz

Mar 4, 2018
You're right, just got SA emailed now - finally, and also another email for AOR2 and that the app is staying at Mississauga
No, the AOR you received with UCI is AOR1. And everybody's UCI is created by CPC-Mississauga, not just your wife's. And all US applicants and a very few selected non US applicants, their cases will be processed by CPC-Mississauga. The majority of non US applicants'cases will be transferred to their local VO for processing. AOR2 is the email that sent by the local VO to inform you the application transfer.
Thanks for your help it has been almost 120 days since they received our app on Nov 8th 2017

KiwiKat

Nov 8, 2017
Hi All

I just wanted to share my timeline and see if anyone has any thoughts:

20 Nov - Application received at Mississauga
17 Jan - AOR1
26 Jan - Med Req
30 Jan - SA
1 Feb - Email stating case will be processed at Mississauga
10 Feb - ECAS showing Med Passed
1 Mar - ECAS showing 'We are processing your Background check'

Just wondering if it is normal to not have received an AOR2, or have had any communication from CIC since my medical was requested. My ECAS still says 'Application Received'.

Also any estimates on DM?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for your help it has been almost 120 days since they received our app on Nov 8th 2017
Unless your application is fully processed by CPC-Mississauga and by few fast processing local VOs like Caro or Ankala, you should expect your case will take 8 to 12 months to process.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi All

I just wanted to share my timeline and see if anyone has any thoughts:

20 Nov - Application received at Mississauga
17 Jan - AOR1
26 Jan - Med Req
30 Jan - SA
1 Feb - Email stating case will be processed at Mississauga
10 Feb - ECAS showing Med Passed
1 Mar - ECAS showing 'We are processing your Background check'

Just wondering if it is normal to not have received an AOR2, or have had any communication from CIC since my medical was requested. My ECAS still says 'Application Received'.

Also any estimates on DM?
Are you sure your case will be fully processed by CPC-Mississauga?:) Because on ECAS, Mississauga folks never received lines such as Med Passed (Only Med Received) and "We are processing your Background check"

1. We received your application for permanent residence on XXXXXXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on XXXXXXXX. (Actually this line was the last update I received, two days before my case approval)
  3. We sent you correspondence on XXXXXXXX. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Above is what is shown on my ECAS as of Today, even I had received my COPR.

Well, don't be panic yet, I believe your case will be fully processed by CPC-Mississauga, the email you received on Feb.1 is considered as your AOR2. And it is very normal that for Mississauga folks, the "Application Received" will be there till almost end of the process. When you see the change from "Application Received" to "In Process", usually means that you will have your DM in the next couple days (This is only applies to cases processed by CPC-Mississauga).

One more thing though, CPC-M handles both inland and outland applications. If you are an inland applicant, then your processing time is likely will be around 8 to 10 months. The 4 to 5 months processing time is only for Outland applicants, which their cases are fully processed by CPC-M.

Last edited:

KiwiKat

Nov 8, 2017
Are you sure your case will be fully processed by CPC-Mississauga?:) Because on ECAS, Mississauga folks never received lines such as Med Passed (Only Med Received) and "We are processing your Background check"

1. We received your application for permanent residence on XXXXXXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on XXXXXXXX. (Actually this line was the last update I received, two days before my case approval)
  3. We sent you correspondence on XXXXXXXX. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Above is what is shown on my ECAS as of Today, even I had received my COPR.

Well, don't be panic yet, I believe your case will be fully processed by CPC-Mississauga, the email you received on Feb.1 is considered as your AOR2. And it is very normal that for Mississauga folks, the "Application Received" will be there till almost end of the process. When you see the change from "Application Received" to "In Process", usually means that you will have your DM in the next couple days (This is only applies to cases processed by CPC-Mississauga).

One more thing though, CPC-M handles both inland and outland applications. If you are an inland applicant, then your processing time is likely will be around 8 to 10 months. The 4 to 5 months processing time is only for Outland applicants, which their cases are fully processed by CPC-M.

Yes sorry it was my GCKey, not ECAS that showed Med Passed & BCIP. My ECAS currently shows:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence on January 17, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. Medical results have been received

The email my SA received said: "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga."

I'm an Outland application (in New Zealand).

Last edited:

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Yes sorry it was my GCKey, not ECAS that showed Med Passed & BCIP. My ECAS currently shows:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence on January 17, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. Medical results have been received

The email my SA received said: "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga."

I'm an Outland application (in New Zealand).
Then you will probably get your DM pretty soon. I think it will be probably around Mid to late April.