Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Not sure about the Use of Representative form. I am the sponsor and sent the application package to IRCC few days ago. My spouse (Principal applicant did not submit the use of representative form). Does that mean that the application will be returned?
No, don't worry, the Use of Representative Form is optional. You can use the form if you, as the sponsor, want to be considered as the representative, which means that all correspondence for the principal applicant would be handled through you instead of your spouse. I didn't use one, and my husband (the applicant) is just sharing the emails with me to keep me in the loop. It's just a legality, because legally they can't send me info regarding his application (application for permanent residence, which is separate from application to sponsor), they can only send it to him, unless I submit a Use of Rep form.

asmarino

Dec 22, 2017
Yes but only if you use the information of the Principal Applicant, set it up in their name. Then after you set up a GCKey account and you enter information to link the app, you have to use the PA's info (name, birth date, passport number, etc).
Thank you so much for the reply! I really appreciate your help ....I was able to create gckey account and setup cic account.

Last edited:
Reactions: karagreer

Natashare

Dec 27, 2017
I have a question about obtain police reports. So after reading the website, I thought we could do it at home and mail the fingerprint card and application in. But now I'm not sure- I think we have to get it done at a police station? Can someone confirm this please?

Also, on the USA site it says it will take about 18 weeks for us to receive the police report! What happens if the deadline passes for us to upload the report and we still haven't received it yet?? Will our sponsorship application be defined?? Kind of getting worried here :(

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
I have a question about obtain police reports. So after reading the website, I thought we could do it at home and mail the fingerprint card and application in. But now I'm not sure- I think we have to get it done at a police station? Can someone confirm this please?

Also, on the USA site it says it will take about 18 weeks for us to receive the police report! What happens if the deadline passes for us to upload the report and we still haven't received it yet?? Will our sponsorship application be defined?? Kind of getting worried here :(
read this link for obtaining police cert from the US: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html
You can choose the third party option (option 2 on the link) and it's much, much faster, especially if you choose a place where they can scan your fingerprints right there (then you can skip going to a police station to get your fingerprints). We used Fieldprint and did it at a UPS store that did background checks with Fieldprint and we got the results in literally 10 minutes via an email link. Not all cities might have this, so check the link under that option and you'll have to search around to find a third-party channeler near you.

For anyone else who can't get theirs a fast way, for example if your country doesn't have a quick option, then as long as you provide a copy of a receipt that states that you've paid to obtain a police certificate within the required timeline, then you'll be okay.

Natashare

Dec 27, 2017
read this link for obtaining police cert from the US: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html
You can choose the third party option (option 2 on the link) and it's much, much faster, especially if you choose a place where they can scan your fingerprints right there (then you can skip going to a police station to get your fingerprints). We used Fieldprint and did it at a UPS store that did background checks with Fieldprint and we got the results in literally 10 minutes via an email link. Not all cities might have this, so check the link under that option and you'll have to search around to find a third-party channeler near you.

For anyone else who can't get theirs a fast way, for example if your country doesn't have a quick option, then as long as you provide a copy of a receipt that states that you've paid to obtain a police certificate within the required timeline, then you'll be okay.
Thanks so much for the info!
The thing is that we're not US citizens so I don't think that will apply to us, right? Since it says "Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents."

But as long as I have the receipt of payment and submit that, we should be fine?

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Thanks so much for the info!
The thing is that we're not US citizens so I don't think that will apply to us, right? Since it says "Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents."

But as long as I have the receipt of payment and submit that, we should be fine?
Oh, I read that you were looking at the USA site and I thought you needed police certs from USA, so disregard that first part.
Yes, you will be fine, as long as you request the police certificate within the 30-day timeline. If your results will take longer than the 30 days, then you can send them a copy of the receipt just to be safe (it's quickest to just upload a scanned or digital copy to the IRCC webform on the Canada.ca site).

Natashare

Dec 27, 2017
Oh, I read that you were looking at the USA site and I thought you needed police certs from USA, so disregard that first part.
Yes, you will be fine, as long as you request the police certificate within the 30-day timeline. If your results will take longer than the 30 days, then you can send them a copy of the receipt just to be safe (it's quickest to just upload a scanned or digital copy to the IRCC webform on the Canada.ca site).
We do need a police certificate since we're living on the US currently but we're not citizens. My husband is here under a student visa and I'm under him.

When you say a receipt of payment or proof that we submitted it within the 30 days, what does that mean? Since we are mailing our application it in, we have to send a money order or cheque or credit card information, so there's not really a "receipt" given. When we go to the police station to get the fingerprints done, would they issue us a receipt?

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
We do need a police certificate since we're living on the US currently but we're not citizens. My husband is here under a student visa and I'm under him.

When you say a receipt of payment or proof that we submitted it within the 30 days, what does that mean? Since we are mailing our application it in, we have to send a money order or cheque or credit card information, so there's not really a "receipt" given. When we go to the police station to get the fingerprints done, would they issue us a receipt?
anything that proves you have ordered a police certificate... scan a copy of the completed fingerprint card or police cert application before you mail it in.

Reactions: Natashare

Hafsa_ahmed

Jan 3, 2018
I sent in my application to Mississauga processing centre on November 11th and I still haven’t received AOR1. Should I be worried?

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
I sent in my application to Mississauga processing centre on November 11th and I still haven’t received AOR1. Should I be worried?
I saw a recent post on this forum that stated that AOR1 is currently taking between 6 to 8 weeks, so you're still within the timeline.

Natashare

Dec 27, 2017
I have a question about submitting the Schedule A form. Do we need to fill it out, print, sign, and then mail it to the office? Or can we just fill it up and submit it online? Or both? The instructions are a bit unclear and I don't want the deadline to pass without us submitting it.

asmarino

Dec 22, 2017
I have a question about submitting the Schedule A form. Do we need to fill it out, print, sign, and then mail it to the office? Or can we just fill it up and submit it online? Or both? The instructions are a bit unclear and I don't want the deadline to pass without us submitting it.
The instruction says to fill it up and submit online. Make sure you sign it (by writing your name) and put the current date.
You can send it via mail but it’s faster to do it online. You don’t have to do both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Natashare

AnkitRiddhi

Jan 8, 2018
I sent my application in October 19, it was received on October 20, sent back to me on December 13 and returned to Mississauga on the 15, with the new forms filled out. They didn't tell me the forms had been updated, when I printed off the checklist I noticed. It was a scramble to get originals signed. So I guess I'm now technically a December applicant. Here goes the process.
I have sent my application on 18th Dec with olf application forms not suree what is going to happen.. so warried

ginapie06

Aug 29, 2017
Category........
FAM
Download the form.. fill it.. validate it.. save it.. then upload it online.. signature is electronically..just put date and at the end there is like a waver that your infos are correct and true..

ginapie06

Aug 29, 2017
Category........
FAM
I just uploaded my Schedule A form online and after few minute i check again and it says “ Replacement Provided”??!! Uploaded file name eIMM5669E.pdf.. I’m confused.. what is the meaning of this?!!