+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**November 2017** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Stephgall22

Dec 9, 2017
Hello I sent my outland sponsorship for my husband from Cuba on Oct 31 it was received Nov 1st. Can I be added to the spreadsheet. From Charlottetown PEI.Originally sent it Aug 18 but was returned Oct 20. Best of luck to everyone.

Aezeani

Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Question: Must the checklist be completed (check) by computer or can it be done by pen?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Question: Must the checklist be completed (check) by computer or can it be done by pen?
I did mine by pen after checking it again

galore

Nov 29, 2017
second because we didn't submit a Use of Representative form for me as the sponsor (as you all know, the checklist says this form is not mandatory and I assumed it was to authorize the use of an immigration lawyer, not the wife/sponsor acting as representative -- so we were unlucky in this regard, because I read elsewhere that it depends on the day and the IRCC official, and we have close friends going through the exact same process who applied two weeks later, didn't submit one, and got through just fine).

So fingers crossed that this time works and good luck to everyone here!
This is something I'm concerned about because we listed the same email for the both of us... How long did it take between the time they received the mail and the time it was returned and you got it back from them?

Last edited:

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
I sent my application in October 19, it was received on October 20, sent back to me on December 13 and returned to Mississauga on the 15, with the new forms filled out. They didn't tell me the forms had been updated, when I printed off the checklist I noticed. It was a scramble to get originals signed. So I guess I'm now technically a December applicant. Here goes the process.

galore

Nov 29, 2017
I sent my application in October 19, it was received on October 20, sent back to me on December 13 and returned to Mississauga on the 15, with the new forms filled out. They didn't tell me the forms had been updated, when I printed off the checklist I noticed. It was a scramble to get originals signed. So I guess I'm now technically a December applicant. Here goes the process.
Oh gosh this is something I'm concerned about too.. DL'd the forms before the October update, finished filling them out 'n everything, but had to sit and wait on them until the marriage license came in so didn't get to send it 'til the end of November. Didn't realize there had been an update 'til it was too late. I had been hoping there would be a courtesy period.. Dang.

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
They only told me I missed an address, they didn't even say the forms have been changed. So I would have sent that back in and had it returned. So annoying.

okaydarwin

Dec 5, 2017
This is something I'm concerned about because we listed the same email for the both of us... How long did it take between the time they received the mail and the time it was returned and you got it back from them?
I received a phone call directly from IRCC about five weeks after we submitted telling us we hadn't submitted the Use of Representative form. So the usual amount of time to process for AOR, not any earlier.

okaydarwin

Dec 5, 2017
Oh gosh this is something I'm concerned about too.. DL'd the forms before the October update, finished filling them out 'n everything, but had to sit and wait on them until the marriage license came in so didn't get to send it 'til the end of November. Didn't realize there had been an update 'til it was too late. I had been hoping there would be a courtesy period.. Dang.
This is terrifying. We didn't update our forms when we resubmitted in October because the IRCC official said we were simply missing the Use of Representative form but that we were nearly there. If this happens to us, it will be sent back for a third time. Any idea if others have had the experience of their application sent back because of updated forms?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
This is terrifying. We didn't update our forms when we resubmitted in October because the IRCC official said we were simply missing the Use of Representative form but that we were nearly there. If this happens to us, it will be sent back for a third time. Any idea if others have had the experience of their application sent back because of updated forms?
It happens all the time. There is a grace period but if you pass it, the application will be returned. If it is, just make sure you use the most up to date forms.

okaydarwin

Dec 5, 2017
It happens all the time. There is a grace period but if you pass it, the application will be returned. If it is, just make sure you use the most up to date forms.
We sent out application within one week of the update and it was received exactly 1 week and 1 day after the update so hopefully that is within the grace period! I can't believe how many unlucky minor things keep holding up or potentially continue to hold up our application!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We sent out application within one week of the update and it was received exactly 1 week and 1 day after the update so hopefully that is within the grace period! I can't believe how many unlucky minor things keep holding up or potentially continue to hold up our application!
No way to know but hopefully you'll be ok :)

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
I wish I had known about the grace period, I had my husband resign the papers and courier them to me.
I do think once they find one mistake they don't look any further and send the forms back. I'm hoping as I resubmitted I'm ok now. This is crazy stressful.

okaydarwin

Dec 5, 2017
Hey November folks! I sent our app in November 1, 2017 and I just received AOR1 today finally!

Also, for anyone worried about the form updates, as I previously mentioned I didn't update my forms since the October 24th change and they seemed to accept them and honour a grace period. So I hope other folks are as lucky!

KMNg

Nov 4, 2017
Hey November folks! I sent our app in November 1, 2017 and I just received AOR1 today finally!

Also, for anyone worried about the form updates, as I previously mentioned I didn't update my forms since the October 24th change and they seemed to accept them and honour a grace period. So I hope other folks are as lucky!
I think my will be in January, now already holiday