+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm writing here because I'm a Nov 2017 applicant who still hasn't received any updates since the start of processing in Feb 2018, and all my inquiries have remained unanswered or "if you need to do anything, we'll let you know". I requested GCMS notes last month, and the result has come, but there's something I don't get. It says "Test pending clearance". The security clearance seems to have been submitted a long time ago. Besides the fact that I've passed the police clearance, etc. there's no info on the security clearance, nor any update on my file for a long time. Is there anyone else in the same boat, or any advice on what to do?
Welcome to the IRCC waiting club ... the 'clearance' thing is their go-to excuse for all kinds of delay, and there's nothing we can do about it

Dodgecaravan

Dec 14, 2017
I would suggest request your MP to make an inquiry, even call the call center. I did my test in Sept 2018 and DM in Oct 2018 and got the letter for Oath in Feb for March 6th ceremony.

all the best!

I have contacted my MP, and he sent me an email saying you are queued for ceremony, last Friday, i receive the GCMS and it is clearly mentioned C6 CEREMONY READY since Nov 10th!! it has been 4 months, is there anyway someone can buzz the office of scarborough? i am thinking of showing up there and try to meet an officer and taking a copy of the GCMS, does that work? , your thoughts???

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I have contacted my MP, and he sent me an email saying you are queued for ceremony, last Friday, i receive the GCMS and it is clearly mentioned C6 CEREMONY READY since Nov 10th!! it has been 4 months, is there anyway someone can buzz the office of scarborough? i am thinking of showing up there and try to meet an officer and taking a copy of the GCMS, does that work? , your thoughts???
No it won’t work , you will be kicked out by security guards

Reactions: SoftwareEngg

Mpraja

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi All I am from January 2018 applicant
I need some help on below matter...

I had contacted my MP to look into my case file and apparently I have passed criminality verifications as well as security verifications (it notes currently valid)
however they says my immigration verifications have not yet been initiated.

Does anyone know what does it mean? / How long once initiated is that process going to take?

olivec

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 th April 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
14th May 2013
Med's Done....
15th March 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03rd June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 14th Feb, DM 16th Feb..ppts received 19 feb
LANDED..........
march 15
Finished my ceremony yesterday was worth the wait, was in Scarborough but worth the drive from Mississauga. Short clip was aired on CTV new yesterday. :)

All the best those who are waiting.

Reactions: SANAGhada

gamonVisa

Jan 19, 2019
Got the word on February 14 to take the oath today. Thank you to all on this thread who offered advice and support. Contacting my MP's office was probably the key thing that got the process moving, which I learned about here. Thank you all.

Reactions: callbox

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Got the word on February 14 to take the oath today. Thank you to all on this thread who offered advice and support. Contacting my MP's office was probably the key thing that got the process moving, which I learned about here. Thank you all.
Your location and the MP?

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Congratulations @gamonVisa
Involving your local MP might have helped in your case, but certainly not in mine. My MP's office is pleasant to deal with and really good at returning emails. Long story short, they reached out to IRCC and forwarded me the exact response that they received, which didn't look that different from the information that's available on eCAS. When I asked MP's office for more deeper inquiry and info related to finalization of the application, they simply called me and said we are not able to get a timeline from IRCC for test and/or ceremony and they don't have any influence on processing of a citizenship case unless it's a real emergency, in which case they will ask IRCC to look into the file but still can't promise that it will speed up the processing.

Again, that was my experience with involving MP.

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Eventually after getting my MP involved, I received my test invitation today!
I am Mississauga applicant...applied in November 2017. After waiting for a year, got my MP involved last year in December 2018. MP office sent a couple of communications in between and this morning I got the surprise!
Hence, please get your MP involved if you haven't already done. And if you have, wait a bit more and eventually you will hear good news soon!

alternatestar

Mar 26, 2019
Eventually after getting my MP involved, I received my test invitation today!
I am Mississauga applicant...applied in November 2017. After waiting for a year, got my MP involved last year in December 2018. MP office sent a couple of communications in between and this morning I got the surprise!
Hence, please get your MP involved if you haven't already done. And if you have, wait a bit more and eventually you will hear good news soon!
Thanks for the tip! Can we only get the MP involved after a year has passed or can we contact them sooner?