+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Guys.. I wanted to share a good news.. I believe the background checks will be way faster now.. Guess how?
they completely changed the form for citizenship.. the unclear answer about whether u lived outside Canada has changed and it clearly stats crown servant. the Police clearance requirement has totally changed.
it clearly says if you have lived in a country for 183+ days in a ROW. and your time in home country prior to PR application wont get added to PCC requirement. so Wish you all the best.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Guys.. I wanted to share a good news.. I believe the background checks will be way faster now.. Guess how?
they completely changed the form for citizenship.. the unclear answer about whether u lived outside Canada has changed and it clearly stats crown servant. the Police clearance requirement has totally changed.
it clearly says if you have lived in a country for 183+ days in a ROW. and your time in home country prior to PR application wont get added to PCC requirement. so Wish you all the best.
I have been living in Canada for 10 years and my background check took 12 months. I won't believe it would make much difference for applicants who faced longer waiting period.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I have been living in Canada for 10 years and my background check took 12 months. I won't believe it would make much difference for applicants who faced longer waiting period.
I don't see it either. I spent less than 90 days outside Canada during the entire eligibility period, and I am entering my 17th month in a week

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
lol, just keep your expectation low, that way you won't get too disappointed.
I am a silent reader of this forum till June 2019, I haven't applied yet, but I am glad I am not required to provide certificate from FBI as I have many business trips to US and will get eligible in June 2019. but I think with this relaxed PCC rule, means less checks with foreign countries.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
I am a silent reader of this forum till June 2019, I haven't applied yet, but I am glad I am not required to provide certificate from FBI as I have many business trips to US and will get eligible in June 2019. but I think with this relaxed PCC rule, means less checks with foreign countries.
No one needs to provide certificate from FBI. IRCC/CSIS sent applicants information for so called international criminality check and it depends on your luck if you get trapped in FBI secondary clearance check or not. Many of us traveled to US and still faced delayed due to security screening.

Reactions: itsmyid

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
No one needs to provide certificate from FBI. IRCC/CSIS sent applicants information for so called international criminality check and it depends on your luck if you get trapped in FBI secondary clearance check or not. Many of us traveled to US and still faced delayed due to security screening.
the application before January 2019, clearly says you need a police clearance certificate from a country where you have stayed 183 + days in total, and if someone like me has visited US too frequently on business so the only way to get a certificate is FBI.
the point I am making is there no need to provide PCC if someone has not stayed in any country for 183+ days in a ROW. so this is a good news for all applicants, I can feel your frustration :) but let the new applicants enjoy the moment.. lol

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
well, as you said, you have 'many business trips to the US', chances for you to avoid longer delay in background check is pretty slim, so, don't get your hopes up. You may get lucky but realistically you just need to keep your expectation low. I was not required to provide any PCC but I travel to the US 4-6 times a year, and I haven't been waiting since Oct 2017, just for your reference.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
the application before January 2019, clearly says you need a police clearance certificate from a country where you have stayed 183 + days in total, and if someone like me has visited US too frequently on business so the only way to get a certificate is FBI.
the point I am making is there no need to provide PCC if someone has not stayed in any country for 183+ days in a ROW. so this is a good news for all applicants, I can feel your frustration :) but let the new applicants enjoy the moment.. lol
I just received my citizenship Oath invite for 28Feb. Hopefully your process goes smoothly as you hope.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
congratulations! were you stuck in background check? did you follow up a lot before decision made?
Thanks for congrats. It was background check that hold back my application. (Test was 10May2018 and Background check was completed 21Jan2019).
I called IRCC on monthly basis and requested CSIS and IRCC ATIP. I can't make a case if it had push my application forward but it worth the try to request ATIP. May be it moves thing around and someone bothers to look at your file.

Cheers,

Reactions: zorroo

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for congrats. It was background check that hold back my application. (Test was 10May2018 and Background check was completed 21Jan2019).
I called IRCC on monthly basis and requested CSIS and IRCC ATIP. I can't make a case if it had push my application forward but it worth the try to request ATIP. May be it moves thing around and someone bothers to look at your file.

Cheers,
Thank you for the information. I am in quite similar situation as you. Applied January 2018, did my test in August 2018 in Vancouver office and waiting since then for my background check to be finished! :(

French 2014

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone, I am a November 2017 applicant (an Iranian), today at February 8th. at 9am was supposed to be my oath ceremony,but yesterday at 3:30 pm someone from IRCC office called me that your ceremony was cancelled.When I asked her the reason "she said you criminality letter not yet received".It is shame! Whenever I called the IRCC agent during the last 6 months they told me that everything is OK,but waiting for prohibition and residency checks.What is happening in IRCC after I finished my test and completed DECISION MADE and ceremony invitation, just 1/2 a day remaining for the oath,they are still waiting for my CRIMINALITY situation. Any comment!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 21, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Reactions: dmn1363

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hi everyone, I am a November 2017 applicant (an Iranian), today at February 8th. at 9am was supposed to be my oath ceremony,but yesterday at 3:30 pm someone from IRCC office called me that your ceremony was cancelled.When I asked her the reason "she said you criminality letter not yet received".It is shame! Whenever I called the IRCC agent during the last 6 months they told me that everything is OK,but waiting for prohibition and residency checks.What is happening in IRCC after I finished my test and completed DECISION MADE and ceremony invitation, just 1/2 a day remaining for the oath,they are still waiting for my CRIMINALITY situation. Any comment!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 21, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
It is awful. Give them a call and ask them about what is going on.