+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Did you reply to your test invite email or Vancouver office has a different email address?
Yep, I replied to test invite email address and included Name, UCI, file number, Date of birth, Country at birth. Basically, all the information you provide when submitting a webform.

Cheers

Reactions: zorroo

supadude

Feb 11, 2014
Another long and bumpy journey is over! Please update the timesheet. Also, could you please change my city from Scarborough to Toronto. Thank you!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 2, 2017.

2. We started processing your application on January 9, 2018.

3. We sent you a notice on September 5, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 18, 2018 (Scarborough)

Now the most interesting part. I have waited after my exam and didn't hear anything from CIC. I have filled the webform and received pretty standard respond - in processing, just wait. Immediately I have contacted my MP and initialized the communication between my MP and CIC. After two days I have received finger print request by email.

4. We sent you correspondence on November 20, 2018 - FPR

The email for FP was really scary. Basically, it said that I am a criminal and lied on my application. It was not pleasant to read. Immediately I went to a fingerprinting service and the lady there told me that it is a standard wording they put on such letters. Shame on CIC! They could've just say that they need my FP. Period.
I was really really mad at this point and requested GCMS notes.
One month passed and I have received my GCMS notes and studied them carefully.
It came to my attention that on the day of my test, two months before I have initiated my contact, in the morning, CIC has realized that they didn't started my security and criminal background check. Next minute FP request was created - as a standard cover up for delay and to extend legally my processing time.
I am sure if I didn't initiate contact two months after my exam, I would've still waiting for my FP request.
I immediately contacted my MP once again and demand they ask CIC the new status. CIC said that I am waiting to be scheduled for the oath and after two weeks I have received the invitation.

5. We sent you a notice on January 4, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 21, 2019 (Mississauga).

I am glad that my journey is over, and suggest anyone with delays to contact your local MP immediately. Bug them, demand clarification, and don't be shy. They need your vote!

I had my ceremony in the middle of nowhere in Mississauga. It took me an hour to drive from Toronto. My seat was in the front row. I suspect it is the row for people who annoyed the system and their MPs. Demand the front row! Insist to have a service for your money you paid for processing of your application. Remember, it is almost $700 after all!

I wish everyone best of luck with the applications!

gamonVisa

Jan 19, 2019
Can you please add me to the spreadsheet? My application is still listed as "In process." I did not take a test or show proof of language skills, since I am outside the age limit for those requirements. However, the officer who reviewed my documents requested that I get FOIA documentation of my travel records, which I provided when I received it approximately 90 days later, about nine months ago.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 1, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 19, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 24, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
Although none of the above text has changed, the Citizenship Application Status has now changed to "Decision Made." I have received no further information. Anyone know what this means?

olivec

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 th April 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
14th May 2013
Med's Done....
15th March 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03rd June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 14th Feb, DM 16th Feb..ppts received 19 feb
LANDED..........
march 15
Reactions: gamonVisa

olivec

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 th April 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
14th May 2013
Med's Done....
15th March 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03rd June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 14th Feb, DM 16th Feb..ppts received 19 feb
LANDED..........
march 15
Reactions: gamonVisa

canada88

Oct 19, 2014
Hi all.
I passed my exam in April 2018, and my application status is still in process since then. Is there anyone who has the same situation? 15 months passed since I applied. I contacted MP, CIC, but no new news. any suggestion?

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Hi all.
I passed my exam in April 2018, and my application status is still in process since then. Is there anyone who has the same situation? 15 months passed since I applied. I contacted MP, CIC, but no new news. any suggestion?
I passed the test February 2018 and passed 18 months from beginning. I contacted to the everyone who can give me information about this slow process but was useless. Just wait, follow the process and in touch with them .

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hi all.
Don't lose hope. I was in your shoes till this week IRCC have completed security screening and my status changed to DM.
Last month I requested ATIP from CSIS and IRCC. I would suggest file a request for CSIS and IRCC (Free ones) it may help.