+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

kidult7

Jul 5, 2018
I received the email on Nov 19 but the online status says the notice was sent on Nov 16. However, in both of them the ceremony date is the same. Therefore, it seems first the decision is made to send the invitation letter and the officer sends the emails some later days... you must receive the email in coming days...
Thanks for responding- I am still waiting for the email to come- I used the webform and they come back they sent it via mail to my address---- just wondering if that's the real case.

kidult7

Jul 5, 2018
Same here, called them up and they gave me the details about (a) Venue and (b) Documents to bring. That date they gave is final. Email and Mail Communication is all messed up. May be delays there. Mine is in Oshawa in Dec 1st week.
hv you get your notice now? mine is pretty the same they just give me the venue and doucments to bring- but I'm still waiting the notification

leo1971

Apr 9, 2018
hv you get your notice now? mine is pretty the same they just give me the venue and doucments to bring- but I'm still waiting the notification
Hi friends, one QQ. On test day, after passing test, husband and spouse are called for intetview together or seperately?

kain

Jan 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-June-2013
AOR Received.
02-August-2013
File Transfer...
20-August-2013
Med's Request
I hope
Med's Done....
I hope
Hi friends, one QQ. On test day, after passing test, husband and spouse are called for intetview together or seperately?
In my case and all the others during my test date always together

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case- we were called together, but questions were addressed to each of us separately. While checking my passport, the officer asked me some questions and then did the same with my wife.

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
did you apply separately or with few family members? did you call cic about this delay?
Family application. No additional documents were requested nor FP. Supposed to be routine application. Also we applied with a buffer of an extra year than the requirement. So I am very surprised of this delay. CIC sent a note to local and said we had to wait 3 months if no updates they can contact them again. My MP says no issues we have to wait and no timeline again. So yeah I guess we'll have to wait.

optimus

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
Thanks for responding- I am still waiting for the email to come- I used the webform and they come back they sent it via mail to my address---- just wondering if that's the real case.
No worries, Yes they are truly sending by mail. I got it almost a week after it got updated in ECAS. Btw mine is also on same date in Oshawa

adi2999

Dec 2, 2017
Good evening ,

I have applied in November for Citizenship like everyone else on this thread. I was working until then as a truck driver crossing into US weekly and I've considered the days spent in US in my application, totaling 1096 number of days.
A few months ago I was asking on this thread what chances are for a truck driver to get the Citizenship with less than 1095 physical spent days in Canada. I was told " none". It is obvious that you were probably right.

This is what happened: I was invited for the test and after I have passed it, I was told that I will be issued RQ. I got the RQ and my file was sent to CEN Montreal.
I have sent everything that they asked (paystubs, T4, passport copies, rent contract e.t.c).
Since then I have requested the notes every 2 months and noticed that no updates were made from the date the file arrive in Montreal except that they received and updated the requested docs on my file.

My MP called IRCC every 2 months and the answer was that my app is now non routine and I will have to wait. No one tells us what to wait for.
I even wrote to the Minister two times and got the same generic answer: "Wait"
I do have now 1300 days since I am not driving in US anymore. I have changed my job in the mean time.

I have asked them several times to consider this and "update" the calculator on my file since all the checks and tests are passed already and avoid this way another fee and the most important another one two years waiting time period. No answer. I know it will be too easy for them and they don't seem like it the easy way.

What should I do now ? Wait a few years for a CJ hearing and be denied most probably? Withdraw the application and reapply?

Is this application going to affect the new one since I will withdraw it and an RQ was issued ?

I was honest with them and declared everything from the beginning, attaching a letter regarding my job and the fact that I've considered the time spent in the truck working in US in my application and that is how I've got the days..

Also, I have applied for my wife and child during this summer, separately. Is my app going to affect theirs in any way ?

Please share your thoughts or related experience regarding similar situations.

Thank you.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Good evening ,

I have applied in November for Citizenship like everyone else on this thread. I was working until then as a truck driver crossing into US weekly and I've considered the days spent in US in my application, totaling 1096 number of days.
A few months ago I was asking on this thread what chances are for a truck driver to get the Citizenship with less than 1095 physical spent days in Canada. I was told " none". It is obvious that you were probably right.

This is what happened: I was invited for the test and after I have passed it, I was told that I will be issued RQ. I got the RQ and my file was sent to CEN Montreal.
I have sent everything that they asked (paystubs, T4, passport copies, rent contract e.t.c).
Since then I have requested the notes every 2 months and noticed that no updates were made from the date the file arrive in Montreal except that they received and updated the requested docs on my file.

My MP called IRCC every 2 months and the answer was that my app is now non routine and I will have to wait. No one tells us what to wait for.
I do have now 1300 days since I am not driving in US anymore. I have changed my job in the mean time.

I have asked them several times to consider this and "update" the calculator on my file since all the checks and tests are passed already and avoid this way another fee and the most important another one two years waiting time period. No answer. I know it will be too easy for them and they don't seem like it the easy way.

What should I do now ? Wait a few years for a CJ hearing and be denied most probably? Withdraw the application and reapply?

Is this application going to affect the new one since I will withdraw it and an RQ was issued ?

I was honest with them and declared everything from the beginning, attaching a letter regarding my job and the fact that I've considered the time spent in the truck working in US in my application and that is how I've got the days..

Also, I have applied for my wife and child during this summer, separately. Is my app going to affect theirs in any way ?

Thank you.
As offered elsewhere: THERE IS NO UPDATING A PRESENCE CALCULATION TO COUNT DAYS AFTER THE APPLICATION WAS MADE.

There is an elevated risk for RQ for any second application. If IRCC suspects or perceives possible misrepresentation, of course that can have an impact on how they assess a later application.

A Citizenship Judge has NO discretion to count days that were not days actually present in Canada (with narrow Crown Servant exceptions).

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Oath invite received today - 12 December 2018

I have my fingers crossed for everybody who is still waiting.

I'm not sure why, but I'm relieved and v. happy
Can somebody please update this on the spreadsheet? Thanks!

rapzfan

Jan 8, 2018
Hi Mod,

My wife received her oath today. It's set for December 13th 9:00 am in Mississauga.

Long journey is finally coming to end.

Cheers to everyone and hang in there for rest

shafu

Nov 22, 2013
Hi

Today morning received our Oath Invite for Dec 13th. Overall timelines below:

Application Posted - Nov 17, 2017
Application Received - Nov 21, 2017
Processing Started - Jan 29, 2018
FP Request - May 31st , 2018
Citizenship Test Invitation - Sept 25, 2018
Citizenship Test Date - Oct 15, 2018
Decision Made - Oct 16, 2018
Oath Invite - Nov 23rd, 2018
Oath Ceremony - Dec 13th, 2013

Thank You and All the Best to everyone else waiting.......

YWG3

May 23, 2018
Good evening ,

Thank you.
If I was in your shoes, I will just withdraw and re-apply since you now have a better chance with the new application than the previous one. One thing I am not sure of is if you will need to re-take the test.

Best of luck