23-02-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 - 04-10-2012 PPR2 - 02-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2012
please update:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 17, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 5, 2018 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on November 13, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 5, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Reactions: thegentleman

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2014 Citizenship.......: 07-12-2018
Hi guys,

Please update my record:

* Meanwhile I moved to Milton and notified CIC on new address. Please update city to Milton.

* Aug 22nd got invitation to write test on Sep 13th

* Sep 13th passed test and had interview with immigration officer

* Just checked ECAS (Sep 16th), my status has changed to "Decision Made"

* Next: Waiting for Oath invite. ETA: sometime in November

Thanks a lot!
Hey guys,

Please update:

* November 17th - received notice to take the oath
* December 7th - Oath ceremony; (location: luckily, in Mississauga :) )

Currently I'm at row 221 in November 2017 spreadsheet

Thanks a lot!

sophon

Nov 13, 2017
Good day people,

Admin, please update the spreadsheet. We had our oath ceremony on 6th November 2018 in Hamilton, and the Oath ceremony email was received on October 16th. So became Canadians within one year (just) of application submission.

Sorry for the late update, and best of luck to all who are still awaiting....

Sophon

Reactions: thegentleman

Chintu1988

May 6, 2014
Please update below: thanks for your support
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 7, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 7, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 24, 2018 at 10:20 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 13, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 5, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

M1KE

Mar 7, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
01-07-2010
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
Hi Guys,

We have applied 22nd November 2017. We did our test in March and it took them till October to change our status to decision made. Still waiting for the Oath letter. We have applied from Toronto. Is there anyone here having the same issue?

I called them one time and they didn't help me at all unless telling me to wait it will come.
For me also more or less the same thing has happened. Did the test in May, decision made at the end of September and no news of oath letter so far...

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Oath invite received today - 12 December 2018

I have my fingers crossed for everybody who is still waiting.

I'm not sure why, but I'm relieved and v. happy

Last edited:

supadude

Feb 11, 2014
Would you please let me know how to contact MP? do I need to call or email? MPs have their governmental email. Should I send an email to governmental email or they have another email for these kind of issues?

Thanks my friends
First of all - establish who is your MP. There will be an email address and a phone number. Call them and explain your situation. They will require your consent for data request. They will email you a special form, which you have to email them back. Then they will tell you what to do.
But based on my experience - it will not help you to move your application, rather to establish the current status (which you already know).

kidult7

Jul 5, 2018
did you guys receive the oath invitation by email or mail? I checked my status online today saying they sent the invitiation on Nov 14th, but I do not receive anything yet by email nor mail....just wondering...

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
My application is completed on the 19th of November, did oath yesterday at Mississauga.. thanks to everyone on this forum and I wish everyone good news soon who that’s waiting test n oath.

Reactions: olivec

yourvish

Dec 11, 2013
did you guys receive the oath invitation by email or mail? I checked my status online today saying they sent the invitiation on Nov 14th, but I do not receive anything yet by email nor mail....just wondering...
Same here, called them up and they gave me the details about (a) Venue and (b) Documents to bring. That date they gave is final. Email and Mail Communication is all messed up. May be delays there. Mine is in Oshawa in Dec 1st week.

kidult7

Jul 5, 2018
Same here, called them up and they gave me the details about (a) Venue and (b) Documents to bring. That date they gave is final. Email and Mail Communication is all messed up. May be delays there. Mine is in Oshawa in Dec 1st week.
but don't you need to bring a document as the final notice as proof on the date? do they send it to you after you call? I used the webform but still pending for their respond..