+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello everyone,

Congratulation to all has good news from CIC.

I really need your feedback please (and I apologise if my message is long).
I have applied for Citizenship Oct 18th 2017 (application received on Oct 27th 2017, and application in process January 11th 2018). Since then I have no news, and it is written in my CICaccount: "in process".
I am living in Rimouski city (Quebec) and applied for citizenship form here. I verified with two different resources that immigration officers (for citizenship exam and oath) come to Rimuski only once a year (at the end of Sep). And I know that both the exam and oath are in one specific day (morning is exam, and afternoon is oath).
This means that I should wait at least one more year, to have the exam and oath.

My girl friend is living in Quebec city, and she had applied for citizenship Nov-2107, and she did her exam on Sep and her oath on Oct 2017.

I called two times to CIC (one time on April, and one time on Sep) for follow up; and I was responded to wait.

So, I have four questions:
1) Does really CIC have to process all the applications within time frame of 12 months?

2) Is there any betterway to follow my application with CIC, and possibly accelerate it?

3) given that my gilfriend is living in Quebec, I can change my address to Quebec city (which the citizenship exam are more frequent). As I have to wait at least untill Sep 2019 to have the exam in Rimuski, do you recomend to change my address to Quebec city?

4) Do you recomend to talk with a lawyer or to bring this subject to media (as my application processtime will be at least two years)?

Thanks you so much all in advance.

PS: it is important to mention that I should often travel to US, for which I cant have visa (because of President Trump travel ban against some countries), and this limitation thread me to lose my job.

Bab
1. Not really.
2. Contact your MP; send a webform request.
3. That “could” be falsification.
4. It’s your decision.

Reactions: Miramirjafari

Hanasal

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Well no , we did not ask. He said already the timeframe has exceeded the one year time frame that's all. We just were happy that he said next steps is oath ceremony and no new details is required.
Where is your application being processed?

Miramirjafari

Oct 15, 2018
1) Does really CIC have to process all the applications within time frame of 12 months?
---No. They clearly mentioned that 80%+ applicants will be done by 12 months.

2) Is there any betterway to follow my application with CIC, and possibly accelerate it?
---Contact your MP and order GSM notes to find out about the delay.

3) given that my gilfriend is living in Quebec, I can change my address to Quebec city (which the citizenship exam are more frequent). As I have to wait at least untill Sep 2019 to have the exam in Rimuski, do you recomend to change my address to Quebec city?
---Yes, you can change the address then they will transfer your file. That will take time or you can request them via webform that you like to have test and oath there.

4) Do you recomend to talk with a lawyer or to bring this subject to media (as my application processtime will be at least two years)?
---Lawyer can't do anything different than make you poorer. It's less than even one year. Bringing it to media only gonna make you look pathetic . Do you think any citizen cares if you even don't get citizenship?

About your US travel, not sure how long you work there. this travel ban is there for long time so far already. Your company hired you based on that fact already and they can't fire you because of that unless you lied to them about your citizenship and US visa status.
Did you mentioned them about the travel ban you had/or going to have when sign up for this job?
Hi karinamamamia,
Thank you so much for the detail info.
3- how I can request CIC via webform about my interest to do exam at Qyebec city? What is the webform? Is it via my account (Profile) in CIC or it is another platform? If it is another platform, can you please share the address (and let me know the process that I can ask for)?

4- my intention was to bring it to media on summer 2019, because the only answer they give us is: “in background check”.
And about my US trip, I told my employer that my citizenship is supposed to be maximum 12 months, but now I have to wait at least 24 months.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi, how can I know where my application is being processin? I have to ask from the CIC agent when I call them?
You could request for GCMS notes; it takes a month to arrive after your send the request. Ask MP to check for you. You may call IRCC to ask that. Good luck

rapzfan

Jan 8, 2018
Hi mod,

Status on ECAS changed to Decision Made as of this morning. Please update. Will keep you posted on oath (they mentioned during the interview that by november or mid december my wife should receive the invite)

ceeram

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
Doc's Request.
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2013
LANDED..........
13-01-2014
Hello Mod,

Status on ECAS changed to Decision Made as of this Morning for both my wife and myself. Please update. Hopefully we get the oath invitation very soon. I shall keep you posted once we get the oath invite.

ceeram

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
Doc's Request.
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2013
LANDED..........
13-01-2014

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi mod,

Status on ECAS changed to Decision Made as of this morning. Please update. Will keep you posted on oath (they mentioned during the interview that by november or mid december my wife should receive the invite)
Hello Mod,

Status on ECAS changed to Decision Made as of this Morning for both my wife and myself. Please update. Hopefully we get the oath invitation very soon. I shall keep you posted once we get the oath invite.
Congrats, updated the sheet

shafu

Nov 22, 2013
Citizenship Test completed at Scarborough office today with a score of 20/20.
Awaiting next steps!

Thanks all and all the best to who are waiting .....

The ECAS status changed to 'Decision Made' for me and my wife this morning.
However for my 10 year old son, it still says 'In Progress' . Is this normal? Or should I call CIC??

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
The ECAS status changed to 'Decision Made' for me and my wife this morning.
However for my 10 year old son, it still says 'In Progress' . Is this normal? Or should I call CIC??
It is normal. Congrats! You are almost there.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Dear Mod,

We appeared for the citizenship test on Saturday.
The ECAS status changed to Decision Made today.

Thanks
Rohit
Which office you applied?