+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 10, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 9, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 27, 2018 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 13, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 24, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on August 24, 2018.

IceMaple

Mar 13, 2018
Today I am 10 months since I applied for grant citizenship. I have been in process since early January 2018. No test invitation yet, my file in Mississauga office for the last 4 months. Anyone with the same situation. Thanks
applied in Late november...in IP since Jan 31, ...had FP req a month back.....nothing since then....so hopefully we all will have our citizenship before Nov 2018

jaihanuman

Nov 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
30-01-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
I Received my Oath on Friday.
Oath date is 18th Sept , Please update my file.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
I have a question.... do they still send out actual mails for the Citizenship Exam/Interview or do you just need to print the email attachment?
Thank you.

Reactions: qorax

Maverick869

Jun 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application in November, 2017 from Toronto. Processing started in January 12, 2018. I recently contacted CIC and they mentioned that the application was marked complete and was passed on to the Scarborough and I should wait for a test invite for them.

Has anyone tried to contact the Scarborough and ask them for an update?

CityZen11

May 7, 2018
Hello all,

I have a question. I received an invite to appear for the test on July 27th. I appeared for the test, got a 20/20 score and was told that an oath invitation would be sent within 2 months by the interviewer. please see the invitation below from IRCC

Please appear on:

2018/07/27 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 8:15 AM

IRCC Ottawa

235 Queen Street, C3 Level, Suite 005

Ottawa, Ontario

SEAT #: 047

Thank you for your interest in Canadian citizenship. We are pleased to inform you that you have reached the next stage of your application for Canadian citizenship.

· If you were under 18 years of age or 55 years of age or older on the date you signed your application, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application.

However in the e-cas it's still says InProcess and there is no mention of the test invitation or any update regarding that:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 13, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 18, 2018.

Has this happened to anyone? it's been a month since my test and no update about the oath or the test invite itself on e-cas. Just wondering if anything's wrong?

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hello all,

I have a question. I received an invite to appear for the test on July 27th. I appeared for the test, got a 20/20 score and was told that an oath invitation would be sent within 2 months by the interviewer. please see the invitation below from IRCC

Please appear on:

IRCC Ottawa

Ottawa, Ontario

Thank you for your interest in Canadian citizenship. We are pleased to inform you that you have reached the next stage of your application for Canadian citizenship.

· If you were under 18 years of age or 55 years of age or older on the date you signed your application, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application.

However in the e-cas it's still says InProcess and there is no mention of the test invitation or any update regarding that:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 13, 2018.

Has this happened to anyone? it's been a month since my test and no update about the oath or the test invite itself on e-cas. Just wondering if anything's wrong?
The exact same thing has happened to me too. I passed the test on Aug 16. 20/20. The status is still "In process". I know few other Ottawa applicants who are also going through the same phase.
The last line on my ecas status is still "We started processing your application on March 19, 2018"

when did you get your test invitation? Did you get your DM status (if so, when?)

CityZen11

May 7, 2018
The exact same thing has happened to me too. I passed the test on Aug 16. 20/20. The status is still "In process". I know few other Ottawa applicants who are also going through the same phase.
The last line on my ecas status is still "We started processing your application on March 19, 2018"

when did you get your test invitation? Did you get your DM status (if so, when?)
I got the test invite on July 12th and not gotten a DM status yet either

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello all,

Please appear on:

IRCC Ottawa

Ottawa, Ontario

It really doesn’t matter. The correspondence/email received is more important than the actual e-cas status. In fact, if you see test invite updated on e-cas, but you had not reveived the email or mail, that would be a problem, because you cannot (if I’m not mistaken) show up at the venue to take test without the invitation document.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I have a question.... do they still send out actual mails for the Citizenship Exam/Interview or do you just need to print the email attachment?
Thank you.
If you`re receiving email notifications - then you`ll NOT receive snail-mails from them. Just take a printout of the emailed letter for your test/interview/oath.

Reactions: YumiMedina

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Just got my oath invitation!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon January 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 10, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Ecas hasn't updated the last part yet but got the invite today. Around 11am.

Reactions: egghead and qorax

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my oath invitation!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon January 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 10, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Ecas hasn't updated the last part yet but got the invite today. Around 11am.
When is your Oath?