ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
  • Citizenship[/paste:font]
My time line

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 22, 2017.
    • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2018.
    • We started processing your application on February 9, 2018.
    • We sent you a notice on April 19, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 24, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    • We sent you a notice on June 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 3, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    • You became a Canadian citizen on August 3, 2018.
Logout

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
My time line

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 22, 2017.
    • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2018.
    • We sent you a notice on April 19, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 24, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    • We sent you a notice on June 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 3, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Logout
Haha congrats!

Reactions: ibry

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
My time line

Logout

Hi Ibry,

Congrats on your now being a Canadian citizen.

I got my oath letter last week and just had a question about what all do you carry.

As per the oath letter
- 2 id's (PR, DL/ Health card)
- COPR - Landing document original. Here it says all original documents in your possession, which other document do we need to carry other than landing document, just a bit confused
- All passports in my possesion (current and expired)

Thanks in advance.

Saimeet

jbBeans

May 2, 2018
Finally! Got my notice to appear for oath. Hopefully there will be a flood of us today who are waiting!

App Received: Nov 14
IP: Jan 12
Test: Apr 23
DM: Apr 24
Email for Oath: Aug 21
Oath date: Sept 12

(I'm on the spreadsheet but included the details for anyone else who's waiting...)

Reactions: thegentleman

jbBeans

May 2, 2018
Finally! Got my notice to appear for oath. Hopefully there will be a flood of us today who are waiting!

(I'm on the spreadsheet but included the details for anyone else who's waiting...)
Oh, btw, I took the test in Scarborough, but in keeping with the trend, my ceremony is in Mississauga.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013

Congrats, updated

Reactions: jbBeans

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi Ibry,

Congrats on your now being a Canadian citizen.

I got my oath letter last week and just had a question about what all do you carry.

As per the oath letter
- 2 id's (PR, DL/ Health card)
- COPR - Landing document original. Here it says all original documents in your possession, which other document do we need to carry other than landing document, just a bit confused
- All passports in my possesion (current and expired)

Thanks in advance.

Saimeet
Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your oath date and center. Your entry on the sheet seems not be updated.

claporte

Oct 24, 2017
Toronto
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 1, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 15, 2017.
3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2018.

I contacted CIC about 1 month ago and I've been told that nothing is wrong with my application so far, and it is within the expected time-frame according to their processing times. They asked me to contact them again after Nov 1st, 2018, if it hasn't changed. Endless waiting!

cdnfullmoon

Sep 29, 2013
I received an email this morning inviting my husband to appear to take his citizenship oath on Wednesday, September 12 in Mississauga.

We live in Oshawa and he had his interview at Scarborough. Going to be a long, but worthwhile, day. From processing to oath date will be just under nine months. :)

Ecas has not yet been updated:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 29, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 19, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 8, 2018 at 10:15 AM.
November spreadsheet line is: 177

Reactions: thegentleman

leo1971

Apr 9, 2018
Hi Guys,

i spoke with CIC agent today. My receiving date is Nov 2, 2017 and IP Jan 9, 2018. She said wait for the test invitation which i may receive very soon (but no definition of very soon).

I asked about 12 month thing and she said it is not necessary 12 month even if everything is complete, it may take 13 or 14 months as well. So wait, wait, wait and have lots of patience.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received an email this morning inviting my husband to appear to take his citizenship oath on Wednesday, September 12 in Mississauga.

We live in Oshawa and he had his interview at Scarborough. Going to be a long, but worthwhile, day. From processing to oath date will be just under nine months. :)

Ecas has not yet been updated:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 29, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 19, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 8, 2018 at 10:15 AM.
November spreadsheet line is: 177
Updated. Congrats!!

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hi Guys,

i spoke with CIC agent today. My receiving date is Nov 2, 2017 and IP Jan 9, 2018. She said wait for the test invitation which i may receive very soon (but no definition of very soon).

I asked about 12 month thing and she said it is not necessary 12 month even if everything is complete, it may take 13 or 14 months as well. So wait, wait, wait and have lots of patience.
Yeah, we all knew that was coming.

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello, I have been invited for test. My test date is September 5, 2018. The problem is I'm out of the country and was thinking of rescheduling the test. If I buy a return ticket before September 5, the prices are 1000$ higher than the normal prices. My test date is in Saskatoon, I live in Regina. Please guide what shud I do in this situation. Is it worth paying a higher price for the ticket to attend my test.?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello, I have been invited for test. My test date is September 5, 2018. The problem is I'm out of the country and was thinking of rescheduling the test. If I buy a return ticket before September 5, the prices are 1000$ higher than the normal prices. My test date is in Saskatoon, I live in Regina. Please guide what shud I do in this situation. Is it worth paying a higher price for the ticket to attend my test.?
Please attend your test :)

Reactions: supadude