+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
HI Jayson, why do u recommend that? Is there any strong reason? Please reply. Anybody else's comments on this?
I can only tell u if u know that the money to buy ur ticket won’t affect ur living, I will advise u to buy it and go do ur test, Bt if u have any strong reason to travel out like business reason, u can contact cic they should schedule u for another test date.

Reactions: Zacks

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
HI Jayson, why do u recommend that? Is there any strong reason? Please reply. Anybody else's comments on this?
Dude, an additional $1000 for citizenship is not much. People are willing to travel on top of an aircraft to take their test. Honestly, Listen to your inner voice; I hope you do and determine what’s best for you.

Reactions: Zacks

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello, I have been invited for test. My test date is September 5, 2018. The problem is I'm out of the country and was thinking of rescheduling the test. If I buy a return ticket before September 5, the prices are 1000$ higher than the normal prices. My test date is in Saskatoon, I live in Regina. Please guide what shud I do in this situation. Is it worth paying a higher price for the ticket to attend my test.?
I can only tell u if u know that the money to buy ur ticket won’t affect ur living, I will advise u to buy it and go do ur test, Bt if u have any strong reason to travel out like business reason, u can contact cic they should schedule u for another test date.
HI, thanks for the reply, do u know how much delay it would cause if I request to reschedule. It's just the money thing in my case. Not on a business trip.

supadude

Feb 11, 2014
HI, thanks for the reply, do u know how much delay it would cause if I request to reschedule. It's just the money thing in my case. Not on a business trip.
Budget two more years. There's no guidance on rescheduling. I will make your application "non routine". You better chip a thousand bucks and get your paperwork done. By the way, did you inform CIC that you have changed your address? I will also add time.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
send a webform immediately, so that you are opening a communication line with IRCC, and keep checking for travel deals online.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Budget two more years. There's no guidance on rescheduling. I will make your application "non routine". You better chip a thousand bucks and get your paperwork done. By the way, did you inform CIC that you have changed your address? I will also add time.
Absolutely! :)

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
What does AOR mean?

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Has anyone applied for citizenship after being deported? Applicant has received a pardon and was re-issued perminant resident status. Has been here with no issues since 2010.
Please advise of your timeline.

Zacks

Sep 18, 2017
Toronto
I’m I the only one in this forum, who is working on salary, doesn’t do business trips and doesn’t need to travel urgently back home? Common people, just STOP no one really care why you asking those questions, just keep it up to the point, it will be beneficial for everyone

Reactions: supadude
Jul 23, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi all. FINALLY...just got an email for my Citizenship Test - however my on-line CIC page still says In Process. They definitely can send the email first and then update CIC.

So my timeline is below once again, and my test is scheduled for September 6th in Mississauga.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 2, 2018.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi all. FINALLY...just got an email for my Citizenship Test - however my on-line CIC page still says In Process. They definitely can send the email first and then update CIC.

So my timeline is below once again, and my test is scheduled for September 6th in Mississauga.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2017.
Whoohoo, congratulations. Good luck with your test.

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018

Congratttttttttttts. Good luck with your test.