+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

John P.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Hey guys, apart from the original documents like passports, 2 valid Ids, would it be necessary to have the COPR with you at the interview? Thanks!

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
It will be moved to Scarborough and don’t worry you’d get it under 12 months.
My file is being transferred from Scarborough to Mississauga according to cic agent!(it's in transit for weeks now and Scarborough is even too slow to mail it to Mississauga even though that's their plan to do) You should hope it stays in Mississauga because Scarborough is not doing anything ! I've been waiting for oath for over 3 months

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
My file is being transferred from Scarborough to Mississauga according to cic agent!(it's in transit for weeks now and Scarborough is even too slow to mail it to Mississauga even though that's their plan to do) You should hope it stays in Mississauga because Scarborough is not doing anything ! I've been waiting for oath for over 3 months
Scarborough is doing a lot lately. Most people who were anxious and yelling at Mississauga, received test invites from Scarborough and miraculously after taking the test, asked to attend the oath on the following day. Not bad! Hold tight, your destination will arrive soon. Good luck!

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Scarborough is doing a lot lately. Most people who were anxious and yelling at Mississauga, received test invites from Scarborough and miraculously after taking the test, asked to attend the oath on the following day. Not bad! Hold tight, your destination will arrive soon. Good luck!
Yes I saw few people got their oath the next day, what about us who are waiting for months and now they are transferring my file to Mississauga, so that's more delay? Because Mississauga is slow now?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Yes I saw few people got their oath the next day, what about us who are waiting for months and now they are transferring my file to Mississauga, so that's more delay? Because Mississauga is slow now?
Does worrying help? Would anxiety expedite the process?

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am 10 days from 10 months since I applied for grant citizenship application. My file at IRCC office in Mississauga. I need an advice. I am planning to travel to my home country on Mid of October this year because I am having an exam. Should I tell the IRCC about this and is this gonna lead to inviting me for a test and expedite the process of my application. Your advice guys will be appreciated

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Hello Guys,

I am 10 days from 10 months since I applied for grant citizenship application. My file at IRCC office in Mississauga. I need an advice. I am planning to travel to my home country on Mid of October this year because I am having an exam. Should I tell the IRCC about this and is this gonna lead to inviting me for a test and expedite the process of my application. Your advice guys will be appreciated
Submit IRCC webform with flight details

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Submit IRCC webform with flight details
I am afraid. They might say okay, you have a valid PR card and you can travel. My only issue is that I want to get the citizenship done before I travel because if I get scheduled for a citizenship test , flight expenses will be too much. I have been waiting 10 months now and nothing even without a test invitation.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I am afraid. They might say okay, you have a valid PR card and you can travel. My only issue is that I want to get the citizenship done before I travel because if I get scheduled for a citizenship test , flight expenses will be too much. I have been waiting 10 months now and nothing even without a test invitation.
Citizenship is for life. One time expense won’t hurt your wallet.

Reactions: nofrills

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Call cic, let them know so they can add notes in your file about your travel, also its been delayed long enough! they should have all the steps done within 12 months, I was frustrated because I've been waiting for oath since May, seeing your situation I feel your case is worse than mine! For you they might just schedule test and if you pass oath will be next day or so, if you can postpone traveling, postpone, otherwise if you have to travel, call and submit IRCC form, some people say if you show them booked flight and so, they might expedite the process, or you can also call your local MP, they can contact the officer directly who has your file, might be able to help as it's already 10 months for you.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys so I just received a test invite for August 28. A quick question. It says in the email when I come to the appointment I must bring
all my original documents that support my citizenship application (as listed in the document
checklist in the citizenship application form). For example, I didn't keep the online calculator form after I have submitted it in my application. Would anybody have any suggestions on this? Should I complete a new one or what do you think?
Updated. Congrats!!

Did you get Test invite from Mississauga office? You do not need to take online calculator or photos