+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

MostafaMantis

Jan 17, 2018
I am a Nov 2017 applicant
My application is in IP status since Jan 9th.
After that no progress , no message.
I called CIC twice and they said that this year the timelines can go even higher than 12 months due to double load.
Is there anyone similar to my case (in IP since Jan 2018 but no message after that) ?
Same, and this waiting is killing me.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

afuaamoako

Jul 21, 2011
I got an email from immigration today. I was at work so I couldn't read it but I saw it pop up on my phone and got excited! Turns out, it was just a survey full of questions about Newcomer Services... Dang!
That's happened to me as well a few times! Hopefully we hear back soon. Please let us know when you finally get the right email

likaoge

Aug 12, 2018
I applied in November of 2017 for a single app in Vancouver and I'm finally done. Status shows complete.

Timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 4, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 10, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 11, 2018 at 12:33 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 11, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 10, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on August 10, 2018.
Good luck to the rest.

subansina

Nov 24, 2014
I moved within a Brampton, same city. What are procedure to change my address? I am in IP since Jan 2018, will address change make my application process more slow? Please share your knowledge.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I moved within a Brampton, same city. What are procedure to change my address? I am in IP since Jan 2018, will address change make my application process more slow? Please share your knowledge.
You could update the address using a webform or can change it via ECAS. It’s better to change the address, not sure if it will slow down anything. It is what it is. Good luck.

Reactions: subansina

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Happy news (at very long & agonising last!) out here on the prairie:

I have just received my test/interview notification for Sept. 14th.

Wow. I'm totally elated.

With thanks to the long-suffering admin.'s for their updating of the sheet.

And an especial shout-out to all of those still anxiously awaiting their test/interview invitations. May yours come quickly now, too.

Reactions: venAAA and meayman

maverickdexter

Star Member
May 30, 2018
congrats! can you share your timeline?
Happy news (at very long & agonising last!) out here on the prairie:

I have just received my test/interview notification for Sept. 14th.

Wow. I'm totally elated.

With thanks to the long-suffering admin.'s for their updating of the sheet.

And an especial shout-out to all of those still anxiously awaiting their test/interview invitations. May yours come quickly now, too.