+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

MostafaMantis

Jan 17, 2018
I moved within a Brampton, same city. What are procedure to change my address? I am in IP since Jan 2018, will address change make my application process more slow? Please share your knowledge.
I have a friend who moved to another province and this caused a delay in his application. I do not know if it is gonna be the case if you move to the same city. I would prefer to call them instead and tell them that you are planning to move, is this gonna delay my application?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy news (at very long & agonising last!) out here on the prairie:

I have just received my test/interview notification for Sept. 14th.

Wow. I'm totally elated.

With thanks to the long-suffering admin.'s for their updating of the sheet.

And an especial shout-out to all of those still anxiously awaiting their test/interview invitations. May yours come quickly now, too.
Updated. Congrats!!

Reactions: ChippyBoy

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Updated. Congrats!!
So my security clearance took just under six months (in IP for 175 days today, and it apparently came through this morning). So it looks as though CSIS are now pulling overtime to clear their backlog from late 2017. Let's look forward to many many more 2017 test/interview invitations over the coming days. Everybody check spam and eCAS and phone messages from now on. Let's get ready to celebrate! This is our time, for which we've waited for so so long now.

Reactions: Jayson and meayman

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
hey guys so I just received a test invite for August 28. A quick question. It says in the email when I come to the appointment I must bring
all my original documents that support my citizenship application (as listed in the document
checklist in the citizenship application form). For example, I didn't keep the online calculator form after I have submitted it in my application. Would anybody have any suggestions on this? Should I complete a new one or what do you think?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
So my security clearance took just under six months (in IP for 175 days today, and it apparently came through this morning). So it looks as though CSIS are now pulling overtime to clear their backlog from late 2017. Let's look forward to many many more 2017 test/interview invitations over the coming days. Everybody check spam and eCAS and phone messages from now on. Let's get ready to celebrate! This is our time, for which we've waited for so so long now.
Thank you mate! Rise and shine.. good luck with your next steps.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
hey guys so I just received a test invite for August 28. A quick question. It says in the email when I come to the appointment I must bring
all my original documents that support my citizenship application (as listed in the document
checklist in the citizenship application form). For example, I didn't keep the online calculator form after I have submitted it in my application. Would anybody have any suggestions on this? Should I complete a new one or what do you think?
You would be carrying your original passports; so don’t have to worry about creating a new Physical presence data.

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
They only check your travel history, they will have your documents with thrm you dontd need everything you submitted, to be safe I still brought all my boarding passes and flight tickets , all passports , original landing paper, and the invitation letter for the test, bring your PR card with you ofcourse

JasFer

Mar 6, 2017
Admin(s) please be so kind as to update...Received Oath Invitation this morning...Ceremony on August 27th. Thanks for the support, forum members!

adnan2018

Jan 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
Nov 15 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Already sent
I sent my finger prints with my application when I initially submitted it (heard from a friend that they will ask for it later).

so far:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 1, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 7, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 4, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I took my test in Scarborough and passed. The lady said I should be contacted soon for oath.

My status says "Decision Made".

Anyone else waiting for an Oath Date ?
:) Yup myself . I applied in November I took my citizenship test in April 2018 and decision made status online in July since then waiting for oath date .it sucks keep waiting

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
I moved from Toronto to Mississauga last month and updated my address online. Does anyone know if in this case my file will be transferred from Scarborough to Mississauga office? It looks like Scarborough office is one of the slowest... Wonder if Mississauga office is any better and if there is a chance they'll transfer my documents.

CanadaGoose

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Red Planet
NOC Code......
Allmost all
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2013
AOR Received.
16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
23-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Passport Req..
14-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
got oath request today for 29th august at Mississauga Please update line 154 (CanadaGoose)

Reactions: thegentleman

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I moved from Toronto to Mississauga last month and updated my address online. Does anyone know if in this case my file will be transferred from Scarborough to Mississauga office? It looks like Scarborough office is one of the slowest... Wonder if Mississauga office is any better and if there is a chance they'll transfer my documents.
It will be moved to Scarborough and don’t worry you’d get it under 12 months.