+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Jul 25, 2018
Hello,

Please add me to the sheet.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 22, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 19, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 7, 2018.
No further updates or communication thereafter. We live in Brampton. Waiting patiently!

Application(s) sent for self, wife and elder son (minor). Younger son is a Canadian citizen.

CURRENT SITUATION: My Indian passport expires in September '18. I applied for renewal of my passport at BLS and received it today. I need to send them a copy of my new passport.

Could someone please tell me what the most efficient way of doing that would be?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I had my test today at Glen Erin and was called to be there at 7:45 AM. I was there around 7:30 AM, we were called at exactly 7:45 AM and folks who were over 55 years were processed faster and before we even sat for the test they were done. We are allowed to carry our bags and phone in the testing center - the test began exactly at 8 AM and everyone was done before they called the 30 minutes deadline. We were asked to sign a form and bring it back in where most of the folks were interviewed. I was checked for my IDs and my dates when I stepped out of the country. BTW I passed with 19 points out of 20. Please do not take it easy, study for the test we had 3 applicants who failed the test today. The interviewer told me that I will be called for Oath after 1-2 months...that was a dampener as I was expecting that to be earlier than 2 months..but what can you say we are in Mississauga.

Good luck guys who are appearing for the test.
Well done and very thoughtful of you to share your experience with us.

Reactions: CAforCA

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello,

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 22, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 19, 2018.
No further updates or communication thereafter. We live in Brampton. Waiting patiently!

Application(s) sent for self, wife and elder son (minor). Younger son is a Canadian citizen.

CURRENT SITUATION: My Indian passport expires in September '18. I applied for renewal of my passport at BLS and received it today. I need to send them a copy of my new passport.

Could someone please tell me what the most efficient way of doing that would be?
A web form.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Added you to November sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks, Jayson.

It appears to be an online form with the ability to upload a scanned (soft) copy of the new passport. Is that the way to go? Are there any other actions to be undertaken like mailing a physical copy etc. please?
Once they have looked at your web form request; they should reply back with the next steps. You might be asked to send it to your local office where your file is getting processed. Also, I don’t think you have to dig too deep, since your case has been in process based on the information you had sent initially! Good luck!

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
RPRF Req.: May 18, 2015
I imagine by then you would have already had your ceremony, so you will need a Canadian passport. You can enter any country with your existing passport but you can't reenter Canada without a Canadian passport, given that you will be a Canadian citizen.

You can request the passport 2 days after your oath ceremony.
Makes sense. Thank you for your response.

Reactions: permafrost_can

Major-off

Jul 26, 2018
Hi all,
Please add me to the records...
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
No further updates or communication from CIC. We live in North York (Toronto). Still waiting patiently :)

We applied as a family, two adults and two minors.
A month ago called to the office , officer just confirmed that they received our docs, no additional info provided...

braindead

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Kitchener, ON
I had my citizenship test today at the Kitchener office. Scored 20/20 (test was not too difficult but it is important to prepare well for it and not to take it lightly). After that, I had an interview where the officer checked all my original documents (all old passports, PR card, driver's license, health card, COPR and educational degrees). Was a decent guy, told me that my application has been approved and it will take 2 to 4 months to get oath invite. He also said that COPR (confirmation of permanent residence, also called record of landing) is an extremely important document and we must keep it safe FOREVER.

Now waiting for DM on ECAS.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Are candidates from a particular location facing longer delays in the Citizenship process or am I reading the data incorrectly? We have been waiting for my wife's application for over 2.5 months for an Oath invitation, I'm not sure if its due to the fact that we are in the Scarborough pool or is it something else. I recall when I got my citizenship, I got an invite for Oath within 6 weeks and that too with the December holiday period overlapping the wait time, I was in downtown though this was over 3 years ago.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I had my citizenship test today at the Kitchener office. Scored 20/20 (test was not too difficult but it is important to prepare well for it and not to take it lightly). After that, I had an interview where the officer checked all my original documents (all old passports, PR card, driver's license, health card, COPR and educational degrees). Was a decent guy, told me that my application has been approved and it will take 2 to 4 months to get oath invite. He also said that COPR (confirmation of permanent residence, also called record of landing) is an extremely important document and we must keep it safe FOREVER.

Now waiting for DM on ECAS.
Congratulations to you. You shared the details thoroughly. Thank you!

Jul 25, 2018
Once they have looked at your web form request; they should reply back with the next steps. You might be asked to send it to your local office where your file is getting processed. Also, I don’t think you have to dig too deep, since your case has been in process based on the information you had sent initially! Good luck!
Thanks again, Jayson for the details. Really helps!