+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Me and my family became Canadian citizen today morning. Took the oath along with 85 others in a nicely organized ceremony. Thanks everybody in this forum for being with us during this 9 month journey. Good luck to everyone who are at different stages of their citizenship application process.

Thank you.
Congratulations!!

Is there room for guests at the ceremony in the train station? I was wondering if I will be able to invite 3 people (family) or if I can only invite one.

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Congratulations! Where did it take place at in Winnipeg?
Via Rail station?
Yes.
Congratulations!!

Is there room for guests at the ceremony in the train station? I was wondering if I will be able to invite 3 people (family) or if I can only invite one.
There were family members attending the ceremony with many applicants. The hall is big, was full but not cramped. I guess you can bring 3 people with you.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Me and my family became Canadian citizen today morning. Took the oath along with 85 others in a nicely organized ceremony. Thanks everybody in this forum for being with us during this 9 month journey. Good luck to everyone who are at different stages of their citizenship application process.

Thank you.
Marvellous! One fortunate applicant.. happy Canadian way...

Reactions: dutts

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
RPRF Req.: May 18, 2015
You've just got to hang-up & keep calling again and again until, eventually, you'll luck-out and it'll swing you through the door onto a queue, in which you'll have to wait for up to an hour to get to speak to an agent.

IP since Feb. 20th, & no test invitation yet; rural prairie.
I just got my test invite. Hamilton test center. Good luck to you!!

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
RPRF Req.: May 18, 2015
How soon after oath ceremony one can get or apply for Canadian passport? Or can I travel on my existing passport even after taking Oath?

I am planning to travel abroad in November... in dilemma to book tickets if there is any such condition/restriction to travel on current passport.
Any info is greatly appreciated!

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
How soon after oath ceremony one can get or apply for Canadian passport? Or can I travel on my existing passport even after taking Oath?

I am planning to travel abroad in November... in dilemma to book tickets if there is any such condition/restriction to travel on current passport.
I imagine by then you would have already had your ceremony, so you will need a Canadian passport. You can enter any country with your existing passport but you can't reenter Canada without a Canadian passport, given that you will be a Canadian citizen.

You can request the passport 2 days after your oath ceremony.

Reactions: stuapp

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013

You could apply for a Canadian passport after 48 hours and it arrives within days to maximum a week. If your home country allows dual nationality then it would be alright to travel; you may want to check online or at a local embassy!?

Reactions: stuapp

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I imagine by then you would have already had your ceremony, so you will need a Canadian passport. You can enter any country with your existing passport but you can't reenter Canada without a Canadian passport, given that you will be a Canadian citizen.

You can request the passport 2 days after your oath ceremony.
Oops! Sorry, didn’t know that you had already replied..