+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
My application date is nov 3, in progress since feb 10. No news since then. How did you get hold of anyone on the phone. I tried calling twice and each time my call is disconnected because of high call volume. ;(
You've just got to hang-up & keep calling again and again until, eventually, you'll luck-out and it'll swing you through the door onto a queue, in which you'll have to wait for up to an hour to get to speak to an agent.

IP since Feb. 20th, & no test invitation yet; rural prairie.

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
Hi,
Following is our status ( me and my spouse)
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 10, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 24, 2018.
We applied from Toronto.

And no news since then.
Hello,
My appln is in IP since Jan 9th.No news after that.I called CIC today and they said that this is normal in ceratin locations as there are lot of applications.She said to wait for a year.My location is Mississauga.

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
Good afternoon everyone,

So I think I am one of the earliest November applicants here with an 'In Process' status. I called them about 3 weeks ago and the gentleman on the phone said my file is quite straight forward and he too was surprised as to how long my file has taken given I applied in early November. He was reassuring though that everything with my file is well and he doubts they will ask me for fingerprints because he sees that I am in the file ready to be sent for the Test date. This was 3 weeks ago...I still see this dreaded 'in process' on my profile.

This is all it says below...so let's say my test is in August. That means that when I pass, my oath will be in November? (as per the CIC website saying it can take up to 3 months from test to oath).

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 2, 2018.

I came here in 2005 as a student, graduated, work in capital markets and the most traditional route to PR. Wondering if there is anyone else here who has applied around my date and still waiting for their test?!!?
My application is in IP status since Jan 9th.No news after that.

MostafaMantis

Jan 17, 2018
My application date is nov 3, in progress since feb 10. No news since then. How did you get hold of anyone on the phone. I tried calling twice and each time my call is disconnected because of high call volume. ;(
Try calling them in the early morning, but i believe nothing will happen.
There is something called access to personal information where you see where is your file and any concerns. At the same time i know that they have a lot of applications and it is the normal process, frustrating though.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hi all,
my wife just had her test invite (she is May 2017 applicant) but she only got the test invite 2 weeks back.
In the interview, the officer said that he needs to check the exits to usa report (because usa does not always stamp the passport )and asked her to sign a form to allow him to do so. But he also said that he has no concerns and they would get back to her in 1-2 months for oath.
Do you know how long that usually takes? how can he get the CBSA reports , can he access them or he has to wait a month to get them similar to what we wait?
thank you!

liwei8759

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
xx-06-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
Received invite for test. After 7 long months...

Test date Aug 21, 2018. Please update.

liwei8759

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
xx-06-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
Two questions about the documents to bring to the test:

1. My PR card will have expired for three days on my test day. Does it affect anything?

2. The original documents... Are there anything else than the passports and temporary permits I've received over the years? Aren't the original forms for the citizenship application already with the CIC?

Thank you in advance for your input.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Two questions about the documents to bring to the test:

1. My PR card will have expired for three days on my test day. Does it affect anything?

2. The original documents... Are there anything else than the passports and temporary permits I've received over the years? Aren't the original forms for the citizenship application already with the CIC?

Thank you in advance for your input.
1. No, it doesn't matter if it is expired.

2. They mean your PR card, your ID(s) and your passport(s). I also took a photocopy of my IELTS score but they didn't ask to see it. The actual application is obviously with them, so it would be impossible for you to bring it.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi all,
my wife just had her test invite (she is May 2017 applicant) but she only got the test invite 2 weeks back.
In the interview, the officer said that he needs to check the exits to usa report (because usa does not always stamp the passport )and asked her to sign a form to allow him to do so. But he also said that he has no concerns and they would get back to her in 1-2 months for oath.
Do you know how long that usually takes? how can he get the CBSA reports , can he access them or he has to wait a month to get them similar to what we wait?
thank you!
It shouldn’t take more than a month.

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Me and my family became Canadian citizen today morning. Took the oath along with 85 others in a nicely organized ceremony. Thanks everybody in this forum for being with us during this 9 month journey. Good luck to everyone who are at different stages of their citizenship application process.

Thank you.

Romanmoskva

Apr 24, 2018
Me and my family became Canadian citizen today morning. Took the oath along with 85 others in a nicely organized ceremony. Thanks everybody in this forum for being with us during this 9 month journey. Good luck to everyone who are at different stages of their citizenship application process.

Thank you.
Congratulations! Where did it take place at in Winnipeg?
Via Rail station?