+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Oakville

Jul 21, 2018
Hello Friends,

I applied on November. On April I completed the FP. After that, no news. Still waiting for the write test.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 3, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: thegentleman

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hello Friends,

I applied on November. On April I completed the FP. After that, no news. Still waiting for the write test.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 3, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Can you share your complete timeline?

hitsbecool

Apr 9, 2014
Toronto
Hi,
Following is our status ( me and my spouse)
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 10, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 24, 2018.
We applied from Toronto.

And no news since then.

hitsbecool

Apr 9, 2014
Toronto
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 1, 2018.

From Toronto. Still no news. Anybody else in the same boat? I'm travelling for work (2 months) so I'm sure I'll get my invite in the middle of my trip. Can I re-schedule my test? Thanks in advance folks and congrats to everybody else who made it to citizenship!
I am on the same boat. And I also have to travel in coming months. I applied from Toronto.
Here is my status
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 10, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 24, 2018.

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hi,

My file has been in Mississauga office since 1st of June. I am still waiting for test invitation. Anyone knows how long does Mississauga office need to schedule the test. Thanks

Jul 23, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Good afternoon everyone,

So I think I am one of the earliest November applicants here with an 'In Process' status. I called them about 3 weeks ago and the gentleman on the phone said my file is quite straight forward and he too was surprised as to how long my file has taken given I applied in early November. He was reassuring though that everything with my file is well and he doubts they will ask me for fingerprints because he sees that I am in the file ready to be sent for the Test date. This was 3 weeks ago...I still see this dreaded 'in process' on my profile.

This is all it says below...so let's say my test is in August. That means that when I pass, my oath will be in November? (as per the CIC website saying it can take up to 3 months from test to oath).

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 2, 2018.

I came here in 2005 as a student, graduated, work in capital markets and the most traditional route to PR. Wondering if there is anyone else here who has applied around my date and still waiting for their test?!!?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Good afternoon everyone,

So I think I am one of the earliest November applicants here with an 'In Process' status. I called them about 3 weeks ago and the gentleman on the phone said my file is quite straight forward and he too was surprised as to how long my file has taken given I applied in early November. He was reassuring though that everything with my file is well and he doubts they will ask me for fingerprints because he sees that I am in the file ready to be sent for the Test date. This was 3 weeks ago...I still see this dreaded 'in process' on my profile.

This is all it says below...so let's say my test is in August. That means that when I pass, my oath will be in November? (as per the CIC website saying it can take up to 3 months from test to oath).

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2017.

I came here in 2005 as a student, graduated, work in capital markets and the most traditional route to PR. Wondering if there is anyone else here who has applied around my date and still waiting for their test?!!?
Yes, I am!

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
RPRF Req.: May 18, 2015
Good afternoon everyone,

Citizenship

My application date is nov 3, in progress since feb 10. No news since then. How did you get hold of anyone on the phone. I tried calling twice and each time my call is disconnected because of high call volume. ;(

femishow99

Apr 9, 2014
My application date is nov 3, in progress since feb 10. No news since then. How did you get hold of anyone on the phone. I tried calling twice and each time my call is disconnected because of high call volume. ;(
Hello, I have a similar timeline as you. Submitted my application on 8th Nov 2017 and "In Process" since 11th Jan 2018.
No news since then. I have a Brampton address.