+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, i`m new and i`m really worried about my citizenship file. I sent the application on 31 October 2017 and after 9 months being in process still have not received the exam date. however i know people applied after and were invited for the exam. if anyone`s in this situation please let me know also if you have any suggestion or advice I really appreciate it.
It would help if you had mentioned your location. Some centres like Mississauga have probably had more influx of applications, and have been taking more time to process applications compared to other locations. Even within the same location- you'd have cases where somebody applied after you getting their application processed before you (could be their case was more straight forward, lesser travel, the case officer etc).
I would suggest you check out the citizenship applications tracker linked in one of the signatures above to compare where you stand with other applicants to get a better picture.
TLDR: There are many people like you waiting for a similar period, so no reason to worry.

Shayjay

Jul 15, 2018
It would help if you had mentioned your location. Some centres like Mississauga have probably had more influx of applications, and have been taking more time to process applications compared to other locations. Even within the same location- you'd have cases where somebody applied after you getting their application processed before you (could be their case was more straight forward, lesser travel, the case officer etc).
I would suggest you check out the citizenship applications tracker linked in one of the signatures above to compare where you stand with other applicants to get a better picture.
TLDR: There are many people like you waiting for a similar period, so no reason to worry.
thanks for your reply,,,,, im living in North York Toronto, so I guess my center is Scarborough.... and how can i check out the tracker, it needs to be added to the table??? by the way anyone has the email to contact individually and getting more information in detail?

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Mississauga residents breathe easy, I wrote my test on Tuesday and got decision made yesterday and today received email to appear for oath on August 7 in Mississauga.

They have finally picked up as I was not expecting this quick turnaround. Really happy and the wait is over.

Cheers

Congratulations!

How many people wrote test that day with you?

braindead

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Kitchener, ON
Sorry if this has already been answered before, but I need some help preparing for the test. I am really bad at remembering names and dates, and the Discover Canada book seems full of them! What should I memorize and what should I leave out?

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Sorry if this has already been answered before, but I need some help preparing for the test. I am really bad at remembering names and dates, and the Discover Canada book seems full of them! What should I memorize and what should I leave out?
I got 20/20 on the test. Used the below links and listened to the book on audio a few times. Try for 3-5mins on the test and only do 20 questions each time.
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm?province=NS

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
Update:

Oath Invite: July 13, 2018
Oath Date: August 24, 2018

subansina

Nov 24, 2014
HI All,

I applied in Nov 2017 and am in IP since Jan 28. Just received an email for the Finger Print. And I believe this will delay my application to finalize.

Please advise me which is the best way to send FP result at St. Clair, through RCMP or by myself

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
HI All,

I applied in Nov 2017 and am in IP since Jan 28. Just received an email for the Finger Print. And I believe this will delay my application to finalize.

Please advise me which is the best way to send FP result at St. Clair, through RCMP or by myself
There wouldn’t be any delays. If you have an option to send it yourself. Do an urgent courier. Good luck with that!

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Please update:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 15, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 12, 2018.
Congrats, updated the sheet