+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Me and my family members are taking our oath on 24th July and my family will be travelling to India on 25th July. Our PR Cards are valid till 5th Sept. We don't have the time to apply and get our Canadian passport. Can my family travel to India and back with Indian passport and Canadian PR card after oath? Please advise.
They take away PR card on Oath day but I have read on the forum in the last 2 weeks where after oath someone travelled and then applied for passport abroad and they were able to get it.

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! I have received the physical letter and also got the update on ECAS.

Congrats. Winnipeg CIC moving after a long time. Did you received a physical letter only or email and ECAS update as well?

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Guys, I applied from Toronto in November 2017, and I only received an e-mail in January 2018, saying they've received and started processing my application. No news since then... Not even anything about my test date etc. Even people who sent theirs after me have heard back. Should I be worried? :(
Only if you want to be, lots of people in the same boat.

Reactions: N_Shine

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello guys, so I checked Ecas and I saw this:

We sent you a notice on June 29, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 6, 2018 at 11:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I told them I was going to travel outside of Canada on the 10th of August haha! I will have to re-schedule it unless i can get a passport within 4 days lol :D:p
I have to travel on 14th too mine is on 3 rd am worried. You can do next day delivery but they said to wait 3 business days before applying. Mayb they can bump yours up days of oath