+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Guys, I applied from Toronto in November 2017, and I only received an e-mail in January 2018, saying they've received and started processing my application. No news since then... Not even anything about my test date etc. Even people who sent theirs after me have heard back. Should I be worried? :(
I would contact them, if nothing else just to confirm that they have your correct email address and mailing address. Not sure if it is possible to check that on the phone and/or by webform, but you have waited so long you might as well try.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Guys, I applied from Toronto in November 2017, and I only received an e-mail in January 2018, saying they've received and started processing my application. No news since then... Not even anything about my test date etc. Even people who sent theirs after me have heard back. Should I be worried? :(
You should not be worried! The process takes times; like they said 12 months.
Some applicants do get lucky if they hit right on the spot.
Some applications take longer than others, but you should have an answer soon.

I am confident you will hear something soon. Live your life one day at a time. Breathe and smile....
This phase shall pass. :)

Reactions: jessie_michael

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I would contact them, if nothing else just to confirm that they have your correct email address and mailing address. Not sure if it is possible to check that on the phone and/or by webform, but you have waited so long you might as well try.
If your last communication was through email, then you are good!
You could check your Ecas for an update, at the same time verify your address.
Just don't worry!

Reactions: jessie_michael

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I received my oath request for 17th August but I am travelling out of country on the day. I wrote back to CIC requesting a new date. I am wondering how long they usually take to respond back on such requests.
They will reply within a week.

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Me and my family members are taking our oath on 24th July and my family will be travelling to India on 25th July. Our PR Cards are valid till 5th Sept. We don't have the time to apply and get our Canadian passport. Can my family travel to India and back with Indian passport and Canadian PR card after oath? Please advise.

GingerKat

Jan 15, 2018
DM
Me and my family members are taking our oath on 24th July and my family will be travelling to India on 25th July. Our PR Cards are valid till 5th Sept. We don't have the time to apply and get our Canadian passport. Can my family travel to India and back with Indian passport and Canadian PR card after oath? Please advise.
No, they take away your PR on oath day!!!