+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Maverick869

Jun 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application back in November from Toronto. Qualifying Days : 1365 Days. This is what my ECAS is showing. Is this timeline normal (haven't heard anything since January)?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
    We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 29, 2017.
    We started processing your application on January 12, 2018.

Reactions: thegentleman

shengyenho

Sep 16, 2013
One more question :
Hi All,

Please help me here about sign and date the application form. what does it mean by the day before?

"You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form".

Can i send my application on same day e.g physical calculator eligibility period 06-09-2013 to 06-09-2018

I signed physical calculator page with date 06-09-2018
I singed Application form with date: 06-09-2018

Total Physical Presence is : 1150

Please advise , can i send my application on 06-09-2018 ?
You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form <--- this means you should have had 1095 days of physical presence on the day before you sign the application.
In other words, the date you sign your application should be at least the 1096th day of the physical presence.

In the example, yes, you can sign, submit the application on 06-09-2018 since you have been way past the 1095 bar.

Jan 29, 2018
Hi,

I had my citizenship test and interview on March 7 and passed the test. I was informed they were waiting for my background check and I would be invited for the oath in 2-3 months.

My application is still indicating in progress and I have not received any correspondence either through email or mail.

I called the call centre but could not proceed as the call was terminated by VM due to high volume.

Is this waiting time normal for the oath? Do you receive the intivation by mail? What would you suggest I do other than waiting?

Thank you.

Reactions: thegentleman

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi,

I had my citizenship test and interview on March 7 and passed the test. I was informed they were waiting for my background check and I would be invited for the oath in 2-3 months.

My application is still indicating in progress and I have not received any correspondence either through email or mail.

I called the call centre but could not proceed as the call was terminated by VM due to high volume.

Is this waiting time normal for the oath? Do you receive the intivation by mail? What would you suggest I do other than waiting?

Thank you.
It’s normal background check takes time and still within time line, I have not heard anything since January

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi there,
Applicants from several nationalities have to undergo longer security clearance. I'm from Iran and most of my friends have stuck in the security clearance. Some did the exam and interview back in February and they sent their application on 11 of October.
My suggestion is to be patient.
Cheers,

bold9k

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF, Biodata - Jan 2nd 2014
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents - Score 8.5
Med's Request
02-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014 - Medicals sent 14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 11th 2014
Congrats everyone those that are getting test invites.

My application is still In-Process - I did my FP back on March 23rd and RCMP said they sent my information to CIC on March 26th.

Other than that I haven't heard anything - What are the best next steps I should take? I can't even call CIC keep getting disconnected.

trungngo13

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application back in November from Toronto. Qualifying Days : 1365 Days. This is what my ECAS is showing. Is this timeline normal (haven't heard anything since January)?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
    We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 29, 2017.
I think this is normal in Toronto, as a few people I know also from Toronto have their application submitted October and November and have yet to get anything. I think this is ridiculous to make everyone wait this long especially if they have been investing a lot of time studying and preparing for the test.

Reactions: Maverick869

Knight007

Dec 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

Same here ... In Process since Jan 16th

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wao. Jan 16th is even further than mine. They're suppose to finalize everything in 12 months correct ?

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Oh wao. Jan 16th is even further than mine. They're suppose to finalize everything in 12 months correct ?
Kind of. Most complete/finished applications up to this point have been finished in an average of 12 months. That average doesn't include those who are still in process, including the backlog from October and onward, when the number of applications increased tenfold (at least based on the spreadsheet).

I imagine many applicants from October and afterwards may take longer than 12 months because of the backlog, and that will ultimately affect the average, but we won't see that change on the processing times until all those people take the oath.

Reactions: punk

shafu

Nov 22, 2013
Hi Friends

Is there a way to know if RCMP has forwarded the FP report to CIC?
I did mine last week and wanted to know if they sent the report yet or not

Thanks a lot

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi Friends

Is there a way to know if RCMP has forwarded the FP report to CIC?
I did mine last week and wanted to know if they sent the report yet or not

Thanks a lot
Email them, I did mine on the 29 of May and they sent email this morning that they don’t have specific time to complete my FP result

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello All, I applied November 2017 and my application updated to in process since Jan 9th, 2018 --- still in process, it is in Mississauga office. How can I know the update, should I call CIC? Thanks

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
Email them, I did mine on the 29 of May and they sent email this morning that they don’t have specific time to complete my FP result
Please share the email address we can email them to ask for status update