+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

First, here are my dates for reference. I know that the application was delivered on Oct. 30th, but I just like to be more conservative and consider myself a November applicant (I know my luck is not too good with immigration matters).

Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence: 1166
App Sent: 10/25/2017
App Delivered: 10/30/2017
AOR: 01/09/2018
IP: 02/03/2018
FP RQ: 02/14/2018
FP Completed: 02/28/2018
Office: Vancouver

When I compare my timeline to other Vancouver applicants for November, there seems to have been quite a delay for me to not get my test invitation yet. Out of the 29 other Vancouver applicants who applied "after" me in November, and reported their "In Process" date, 25 received their test (and 9 are at Oath stage). Since not everyone will ultimately care about updating their status, I think this leaves me at odds.

I requested and received my GCMS notes today. The notes don't seem to show any good reason for why my application has not been picked up for test yet. The last update on the application says that my FP were updated on the system on 3/26 (note that I mailed it 2/28) and that I passed the Criminality check. All other elements of assessment are still marked as "Not Started". I thought the delay might be the FP, but when comparing this to another applicant who did report their FP timeline details, my FP were updated on the system even before their FPs were submitted, and yet they recently reported they received a test invitation. All this again leaves me wondering, why?

Apologies for the long message. I just found you guys are very welcoming, and may provide some explanation to this frustration.

Thanks. Wish all the best to everyone.
Since your are October applicant, added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature. Allow 20-30 minutes for updates to reflect in tracker.

You may also want to follow October thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-657

dimasalang

Apr 28, 2018
you got most of them. Only thing missing is original COPR which is not mentioned in the list but I have seen in this forum few people have been asked for COPR during their interview. Good Luck.
Great! Thanks! My COPR is stapled on my old passport anyway so I should not miss it. CSBA stapled it there on my initial entry to Canada.

Reactions: KK82

pisces09

Dec 6, 2017
Anyone here who applied with a new name? When I got married I changed my last name for my husband's one... I'm guessing this is the reason why is taking so long? If so... how long longer?????

cdnfullmoon

Sep 29, 2013
you got most of them. Only thing missing is original COPR which is not mentioned in the list but I have seen in this forum few people have been asked for COPR during their interview. Good Luck.
My husband was asked for his COPR at his interview. He never got one as we applied through the Spousal Inland program and he was only given his PRC at the end of that process.

The officer who conducted his citizenship interview said to bring it to the oath ceremony, but then said it wasn't a big deal if he didn't have it.

Reactions: KK82

citizen18

Mar 20, 2018
Anyone here who applied with a new name? When I got married I changed my last name for my husband's one... I'm guessing this is the reason why is taking so long? If so... how long longer?????
Yea I did...from submitting to oath will take mt husband and I 7 months

my_lib

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
Hi Admin,
Please add me to the spreadsheet

Halifax
Application sent = Nov 10, 2017.
Application received = November 14
Acknowledging receipt email = January 10, 2018.
IP = February 21
FP request on ECAS= February 27
FP request mail received = Mar 02
FP done = Mar 02
FP sent = Mar 16
Test request email = Apr 23
Test date = May 09 ( scored 19/20)
Awaiting Oath Invite

Last edited:
Reactions: thegentleman

AINP1985

Sep 29, 2014
Hi guys i just want to share my ecas Timeline it says complete!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 22, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 20, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 28, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 28, 2018 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on May 28, 2018.
All the best guys to those who are still waiting for a Test and Oath. See you on the other side. God Bless to all and good luck!

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Good morning forum,

Decision Made this morning 30th May 2018. Please update the tracking sheet.
The bad part of it is my daughter's application which is in the same package is still in process. She is just 6 years old. Not sure why her application is still IP.

braindead

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Kitchener, ON
Kindly add me to the spreadsheet. My timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 6, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2018.

Reactions: thegentleman