+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

cohen

Nov 15, 2016
This is an asshole officer.
I do believe this is an individual case, and this officer does not reflect the actual behave of Canadian employees, or even the Canadian people, we have learned in this country to respect everyone, whatever his age, religion, color, or background origin is, if this case is true!!(hope not), this officer should be reported and the accused person can hire lawyer to get his rights back....

Reactions: ChippyBoy

aspiring

Jul 17, 2012
I am not sure if this question has already been asked before, but what 'original documents' do we need to bring with us when going for test? I mean, in addition to Passports,IDs,PR card and English proficiency proof , is a printout of physical presence calculator or anything else required? Just asking to be sure on the side of caution.

Thanks
Take your landing document if you have it. The officer asked for my landing document, fortunately I had it. She did say that, we normally donot ask for it, but it helps them a lot if you have the Landing paper.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
This is not reported inaccurately. I was present in the office with my father at the interview. I was just surprised that the officer mentioned that some seniors do not get citizenship as they are not able to repeat. From what I recall during my oath ceremony there was a group of around 80 people in the hall and all took the oath at the same time. How can the officer find out who is repeating and if they are repeating correctly in that crowd?

I just don’t like filing a complaint against anyone unless it goes to extreme and may be that is my mistake.
Discrimination based on age is extreme.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013

Bobby_Zhou

Apr 15, 2018
Hi Buddy, one more question, I have applied for citizenship together with my son who is 19 yrs old. But why it has only one case number with my name? The test invite notice letter is also like this.Is it normal? Thanks in advance.

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I do believe this is an individual case, and this officer does not reflect the actual behave of Canadian employees, or even the Canadian people, we have learned in this country to respect everyone, whatever his age, religion, color, or background origin is, if this case is true!!(hope not), this officer should be reported and the accused person can hire lawyer to get his rights back....
I would and will report in case they prevent my father from getting citizenship. Reporting is easy but convincing in the court what you went through is not easy and time consuming and emotionally draining. As many people unfortunately do not believe someone telling the truth but rather inadvertently end up supporting the wrong doers. I did not post my comments to spread hatred against all the officers processing the applications and this certainly does not reflect all and Canadian spirits. I love this country and the diversity in it.

jadelacruz1

Jun 25, 2017
Hi,

Please add my information into the spreadsheet

Details:

Family (2) me and my wife
File sent: November 2, 2017
Delivered: December 21,2017
Physical presence: 1,229 days
Started Application: January 19, 2018
Sent Correspondence / ECAS: February 8, 2018
Fingerprint: February 20, 2018
City: Winnipeg
Citizenship: Filipino

Please add to the spreadsheet.

Thanks

Reactions: thegentleman

leo1971

Apr 9, 2018
Hi I don't have the IELTS original result. I think the original was sent with the immigrations paper 5 years ago. My question is there a possibility that the interviewing officer will ask for ORIGINAL IELTS result?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Please add my information into the spreadsheet

Details:

Family (2) me and my wife
File sent: November 2, 2017
Delivered: December 21,2017
Physical presence: 1,229 days
Started Application: January 19, 2018
Sent Correspondence / ECAS: February 8, 2018
Fingerprint: February 20, 2018
City: Winnipeg
Citizenship: Filipino

Please add to the spreadsheet.

Thanks
Added. Good Luck

joshijay3006

May 14, 2018
Hey Guys,

My Application received on Nov 10/2017
AOR on Dec 28/ 2018
IP on Feb 14/ 2018

Since then no update and no test invitation. Can someone help me out with what should I do ?

Reactions: thegentleman