+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

nuan

May 12, 2018
Hi I am new to this forum. I have a test next week. Need help esp. from Scarborough / Missasagua location, Only concern is what area to focus on. There are so many dates , names and its hard to memorize everything.

Please advise.

Reactions: thegentleman

flordz

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I am new to this forum. I have a test next week. Need help esp. from Scarborough / Missasagua location, Only concern is what area to focus on. There are so many dates , names and its hard to memorize everything.

Please advise.
You dont have to memorize just familiarize. Read the discover canada and do online test.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My test was on 28th March, and DM the next day. What I am waiting now I do not know.
And here when I see some people, who applied in November like me, still didn't receive test invite or waiting for DM I am totally down.
What on the earth are they waiting now to send me the oath invitation?

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
My test was on 28th March, and DM the next day. What I am waiting now I do not know.
And here when I see some people, who applied in November like me, still didn't receive test invite or waiting for DM I am totally down.
What on the earth are they waiting now to send me the oath invitation?
Number of citizenship application increased five fold after 3/5 year rule came in to effect from 11th Oct. last year. Number of staff processing citizenship applications in provincial CIC offices did not increased by five fold to cope up with the flood of applicants. Result were delays and longer queues in every step of the process. I am also DM since 8th May and I was told by the citizenship officer to expect oath invitation in next 3-5 months. Reason being long queues before me waiting for the oath invitation and oath ceremony happens on certain specific days only. The officer also told me that province is trying to arrange more frequent oath ceremonies so that people don't have to wait for several months.I am happy that my application reached DM stage smoothly without any hiccups. I wish everybody on this forum, who are at different stages of their application, all the best. It will come soon and we will be Canadian citizens by Nov.' 2018.

Last edited:

Harrymaghera

Feb 13, 2018
I am not sure if this question has already been asked before, but what 'original documents' do we need to bring with us when going for test? I mean, in addition to Passports,IDs,PR card and English proficiency proof , is a printout of physical presence calculator or anything else required? Just asking to be sure on the side of caution.

Thanks

Securitron

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
I am not sure if this question has already been asked before, but what 'original documents' do we need to bring with us when going for test? I mean, in addition to Passports,IDs,PR card and English proficiency proof , is a printout of physical presence calculator or anything else required? Just asking to be sure on the side of caution.

Thanks

I brought everything with me, but they only needed to see passports, PR card and CoPR. They did not even look at anything else I brought with me. But each officer is different, so bring everything. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Reactions: thegentleman

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013

Thanks
You need to bring ALL ORIGINAL documents that you sent to CIC when you applied, for their verification that the documents are real.

Last edited:

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013

Please advise.
Use http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/ but only do 20 questions at a time and time yourself for under 5 minutes. Try to read the book at least once cover to cover. You will do fine.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Status update for hm82, tracker admins please update:

Status Changed to "Decision Made" probably on May 12 or 13.

Appeared for Citizenship Test and Interview on May 10th at Scarborough location.
The test and PI was a cakewalk and was in an out in half an hour.

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Hello Friends, I moved from Toronto to Calgary in February(ofcourse changed my address with CIC) and did not receive any update after AOR on Jan 21st. Do you guys think moving is the reason of application not moving forward? I am bit worried now.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Status update for hm82, tracker admins please update:

Status Changed to "Decision Made" probably on May 12 or 13.

Appeared for Citizenship Test and Interview on May 10th at Scarborough location.
The test and PI was a cakewalk and was in an out in half an hour.
Updated